Is Dwayne Wade overrated or is he a shadow of Micheal Jordan

DAHILL said:
He more than likely wouldnt have got drafted.... damn sure wouldnt have been with the first pick like Lebran.... Jordan wasnt a super superstar coming out of high school.

True. MJ had it hard to become the greatest ever. Don't forget that MJ did score 30 pts in the McDonalds Allstar game.

Why compare Wade to anybody? He has only been in the NBA 3 years, however by the end of his career he will be remember as one of the best 100 players in the NBA. There is no way the 50 best players selection will hold up. They have to expand it. A lot of fans thought the NBA would fold when MJ left, but we are still seeing some outstanding basketball players. Many players who could be superstars in the NBA have been reduced to role players. Look at the players on the SUNs. These guys were given a opportunity to play and now we know they can play. They will get traded because the SUNs cannot afford to keep them.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Dahill,
You can't just look at different eras and think these are all equal. Whole lot of difference between when Jordan came out of high school over 20 years ago and Lebron coming out now.
Also, you can't just compare their ages, because at age 18, Lebron has the "advantage" of playing with/against NBA talent.
And PLEASE don't tell me you're comparing the Celtics team Jordan faced in year 3 to the Bullets team Lebron just faced in the playoffs.

uapbpower said:
I came to this conclusion last last night and it has been puzzling me all day. Why do they build up Mr. Wade as the next Jordan or is Dwayne Wade really that good. Sometimes when I watch him he is just your average NBA player and when he get in foul trouble you can call it the day. The only time when the focus is on him is during a highlight film or a dunk. Wade is good but not that good to me and I really don't think he is a top ten player in the NBA. I might be wrong but Wade need to prove I am wrong. Can Miami beat Dallas? Can Wade dominate Dallas? Will Wade blow up under pressure? What do you think SWAC fans...is Mr. Wade one of the best guards in NBA history. Once again I don't think so until he wins a championship. Dwayne Wade is really overrated player in the NBA and he will never do what Micheal Jordan did with the Bulls.

This is not a conclusion, you might want to say It is my opinion in the future.

mighty hornet said:
Dahill,
You can't just look at different eras and think these are all equal. Whole lot of difference between when Jordan came out of high school over 20 years ago and Lebron coming out now.
Also, you can't just compare their ages, because at age 18, Lebron has the "advantage" of playing with/against NBA talent.
And PLEASE don't tell me you're comparing the Celtics team Jordan faced in year 3 to the Bullets team Lebron just faced in the playoffs.
where did you see me compare them to the Bullets/Wizards team from this year? Cleveland wasnt the last seed so of course they werent goin to have to play the best team in the league... but even then Cleveland SHOULD have got swept by Detroit but they didnt. Did the Celtics start 4 all stars like Detroit did this past year?

PsychoJag said:
True. MJ had it hard to become the greatest ever. Don't forget that MJ did score 30 pts in the McDonalds Allstar game.
See its not LJ scoring that impresses me with his game... it is the way he distributes the ball to everyone else and gets his team involved in the game. I would love to play on Lebrauns team... He makes AVERAGE (if you can call them that) players better. When have you ever heard anyone on the Cavs complain about LJ... like many of the Lakers complain about Kobe? lol

DAHILL said:
Did the Celtics start 4 all stars like Detroit did this past year?
LOL @ the comparison

The Celtics had hall of famers (not just all-stars for that year) Bird, McHale, Parish, Walton.
They swept the Eastern Conference finals too, and won the NBA Championship. (I hated the Celtics with a passion, but dammitt, those bastids were just flat out tough and damn near unbeatable)

The Pistons team you're talking about didn't even win the East. With home court advantage. And what three players from that team will be in the hall of fame? scratch that, what two players from that team? naw, actually, what one player from that team will make the hall of fame????

Yeah those Celtics had 3 HOFers (I don't count Walton since he was at the end of his career). They had 3 all-stars that season.

You can't compare the Celtics to the Pistons of today... Boston would crush the pistons of today, the pistons of today don't compare to the pistons with Bill Lanbeire(sp), Microwave, Joe Dumars, John Sally, Isiah..and the rest of that gang.

All of my family loved the Lakers, me and brother loved the Celtics... Dennis at point, Danny Ainge, Kevin McKhale(sp), Chief, and Larry Bird was a unbeatable team.. So was the Lakers.. Watching these two play was always like watching the finals...I miss that shat....lol I sorta got pissed when the Pistons started to take the show, it was Isiah Thomas time though....:tup:

D Wade is the man and I love to see him play. He plays unselfish b-ball and he takes over during crunchtime. D Wade is better than I thought! He is my favorite player. This guy can takeover on the offensive end and the defensive end.

Lebron is great offensive player, possibly the greatest offensive player right now. However, LJ needs to improve on the defensive end.

Kobe is a great individual player but he is not worth a nickel as a team player.

These are the three best wing players in the the league right now. And it is scary to see how great D Wade and LJ will become.:eek:

Man I give Jordan his props, but damn some folks act like the negro could do no wrong. Geez Wade and Jordan are two commpletely different type players. Why do people always have to compare somebody to somebody else? Just let the man do his thing and appreciate it and leave it at that. I think Lebron is gone be the best player ever to lace the sneakers up when he is through. He is already light years ahead of Jordan at the same age since u guys want to compare.

P.S. What D-Wade needs to take him to that next level, is to add that consistent 3-pt shot, so people will have to respect that, and that will make his drives that much easier because they know he is a legit threat to shoot the 3, unlike what the Bulls did in the playoffs and packed the lane to stop him from driving.

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
Man I give Jordan his props, but damn some folks act like the negro could do no wrong. Geez Wade and Jordan are two commpletely different type players. Why do people always have to compare somebody to somebody else? Just let the man do his thing and appreciate it and leave it at that. I think Lebron is gone be the best player ever to lace the sneakers up when he is through. He is already light years ahead of Jordan at the same age since u guys want to compare.

P.S. What D-Wade needs to take him to that next level, is to add that consistent 3-pt shot, so people will have to respect that, and that will make his drives that much easier because they know he is a legit threat to shoot the 3, unlike what the Bulls did in the playoffs and packed the lane to stop him from driving.

I still don't see where LJ is so many light years ahead of MJ. Their stats are close with MJ's being slightly better at the same age. We won't see another MJ for a while. D. Wade is the best player in the NBA right now, he can distribute the ball, score, play defense, and hit the big shot with the game on the line. He carried his team in the playoffs as a rookie (WITHOUT SHAQ). LJ can't even guard Steve Nash. Offensively LJ is great, defensively he's average.

PsychoJag said:
I still don't see where LJ is so many light years ahead of MJ. Their stats are close with MJ's being slightly better at the same age. We won't see another MJ for a while. D. Wade is the best player in the NBA right now, he can distribute the ball, score, play defense, and hit the big shot with the game on the line. He carried his team in the playoffs as a rookie (WITHOUT SHAQ). LJ can't even guard Steve Nash. Offensively LJ is great, defensively he's average.

You do realize Lebron is not a true point guard right? D. Wade is not the best all around player in the NBA. Hell he still has to work on his shooting. Lebron does all of the stuff that you've mentioned as well and keep in mind that he plays the 1-4 positions sometimes.

Sting said:
You do realize Lebron is not a true point guard right? D. Wade is not the best all around player in the NBA. Hell he still has to work on his shooting. Lebron does all of the stuff that you've mentioned as well and keep in mind that he plays the 1-4 positions sometimes.

D. Wade shot 70% in the whole series against the Pistons man. No player has ever shot for a higher % than that in a series especially against arguably the best defensive team in the NBA. LJ is great OFFENSIVELY but defensively he's garbage.

P.S. Lebron didn't make the playoffs until this year. D. Wade got his team to the 2nd round his ROOKIE year.

PsychoJag said:
D. Wade shot 70% in the whole series against the Pistons man. No player has ever shot for a higher % than that in a series especially against arguably the best defensive team in the NBA. LJ is great OFFENSIVELY but defensively he's garbage.

P.S. Lebron didn't make the playoffs until this year. D. Wade got his team to the 2nd round his ROOKIE year.

Wow and they beat the N.O. Hornets to do it. It's funny that Wade struggled shooting against the Baby Bulls in the first round this past playoff series but I guess we have to overlook that. Since you would like to bring up their rookie seasons, explain how long was it before the Cavs made the playoffs before Lebron came? You can't expect him to carry them into the playoffs with a team that was considered the worst during the previous season. The Heat were expected to make the playoffs then and obviously were better than the N.O. Hornets.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Sting said:
Wow and they beat the N.O. Hornets to do it. It's funny that Wade struggled shooting against the Baby Bulls in the first round this past playoff series but I guess we have to overlook that. Since you would like to bring up their rookie seasons, explain how long was it before the Cavs made the playoffs before Lebron came? You can't expect him to carry them into the playoffs with a team that was considered the worst during the previous season. The Heat were expected to make the playoffs then and obviously were better than the N.O. Hornets.

Dude I wouldn't call shooting around 45% struggling. Does Lebron even shoot 50%?? I have a question for you. Did the Heat make it to the playoffs the previous year before D. Wade came there?

DAHILL said:
where did you see me compare them to the Bullets/Wizards team from this year? Cleveland wasnt the last seed so of course they werent goin to have to play the best team in the league... but even then Cleveland SHOULD have got swept by Detroit but they didnt. Did the Celtics start 4 all stars like Detroit did this past year?

Dude the Celtics had 3 Hall of Famers in Bird, McHale and Parrish. Are you saying that Ben Wallace was better than Parrish? Tayshaun better Bird or Hamilton better than Bird? Rasheed and McHale may be the closest in comparison. Not to mention Dennis Johnson, Danny Ainge, Gerarld Henderson, Cedric Maxwell who was a finals MVP. Even ole Bill Walton was on the bench during that era. No way this Detroit team was better than the old Celtics. Hell this Detroit team would get ran off the floor by the original Bad Boy teams of Detroit. Billups would be still looking for Zeke now. LOL. You younger guys really are caught up on these new players. Hell if Jordan had played straight out of HS he may have averaged 50 points by his 3rd year. And if LeBron had played in a system like Dean had, he may have known how to play defense by now. It is amazing how folks want to down MJ and annoint one of these new cats when they aint even worthy yet. That's like saying Reggie Bush is better than Emmitt Smith and Walter Payton. Sure he may be a better athlete.......but let these young cats try to even match the accomplishments those legends did. Not to mention that the competition was much stiffer back then.

The NBA has more teams and has drafted poorly to the point that the teams are watered down. Those Celtic, Lakers, Sixers, Bulls, Pistons and even the Clyde lead Portland teams would beat the hell out of these teams in the playoffs. Stop thinking all those players in that era couldn't jump or run. We know they were better pure shooters. LeBron is probably going to be one of the greatest to play but let him continue to develop before annointing him. Same for D. Wade. Magic, Bird and Jordan have already earned their legend and they have the MVPs, hardware, and other records to back it up. Heck I can say Magic lead the Lakers to a championship in his first year after only 2 years of school and a college title. None of these guys have done that.

Devil's Gun Trigger Man said:
I think Lebron is gone be the best player ever to lace the sneakers up when he is through. He is already light years ahead of Jordan at the same age since u guys want to compare.
light years?
:smh::smh:

ummm, seeing how they didn't start in the NBA at the same age, you can't just look at their ages
What you can look at though is their rookie season in the NBA, their 2nd season, etc

Jordan's first full 3 seasons, he averaged 28, 37, and 35

I'm waiting to see how Lebron's numbers are "light years ahead" of that
:scared:

JR said:
Rasheed and McHale may be the closest in comparison.
IMO, that comparison aint close at all. McHale was unstoppable (sad to say). That turnaround was just money. I give Rasheed the outside shooting, but thats about it.

JR said:
Dude the Celtics had 3 Hall of Famers in Bird, McHale and Parrish. Are you saying that Ben Wallace was better than Parrish? Tayshaun better Bird or Hamilton better than Bird? Rasheed and McHale may be the closest in comparison. Not to mention Dennis Johnson, Danny Ainge, Gerarld Henderson, Cedric Maxwell who was a finals MVP. Even ole Bill Walton was on the bench during that era. No way this Detroit team was better than the old Celtics. Hell this Detroit team would get ran off the floor by the original Bad Boy teams of Detroit. Billups would be still looking for Zeke now. LOL. You younger guys really are caught up on these new players. Hell if Jordan had played straight out of HS he may have averaged 50 points by his 3rd year. And if LeBron had played in a system like Dean had, he may have known how to play defense by now. It is amazing how folks want to down MJ and annoint one of these new cats when they aint even worthy yet. That's like saying Reggie Bush is better than Emmitt Smith and Walter Payton. Sure he may be a better athlete.......but let these young cats try to even match the accomplishments those legends did. Not to mention that the competition was much stiffer back then.

The NBA has more teams and has drafted poorly to the point that the teams are watered down. Those Celtic, Lakers, Sixers, Bulls, Pistons and even the Clyde lead Portland teams would beat the hell out of these teams in the playoffs. Stop thinking all those players in that era couldn't jump or run. We know they were better pure shooters. LeBron is probably going to be one of the greatest to play but let him continue to develop before annointing him. Same for D. Wade. Magic, Bird and Jordan have already earned their legend and they have the MVPs, hardware, and other records to back it up. Heck I can say Magic lead the Lakers to a championship in his first year after only 2 years of school and a college title. None of these guys have done that.

I can't agree more.. Those were the days when Basketball was true basketball... I was watching Dr.J in his last years over at the Sixers.. Clyde the Glide was an animal with Portland... There were MUCH better all around players in the league back then...
Now a days it seems like ANY kid fresh out of High School is the next Basketball prodigy... That's BULL.... Everyone want to compare folk to MJ.... They have a long list of athletes to go threw to even ge to MJ... Isiah T. Magic, Larry Bird, even old Dennis Rodman was a great rebounder and defensive player, but couldn't shoot free-throws to save his life ( he was actually worst than SHAQ..lol It was almost a sure thing he was going to miss the whole goal..But when he got with Pat Riley he fixed that..:tup: )

People need to realize the comentators are pumping these kids up for ratings. They not letting these kids when championships before they call them great... I remember back in the day, if you wasn't taking your team to atleast the 3rd round of the play offs or winning championships you and your team wasn't getting much respect or recognition....

Things changed...

mighty hornet said:
light years?
:smh::smh:

ummm, seeing how they didn't start in the NBA at the same age, you can't just look at their ages
What you can look at though is their rookie season in the NBA, their 2nd season, etc

Jordan's first full 3 seasons, he averaged 28, 37, and 35

I'm waiting to see how Lebron's numbers are "light years ahead" of that
:scared:

You are arguing with folk who was really into the NBA back then... I was more into the NBA back then than now... I watch alot now, but I know for sure they pump most of these players up more than they need to be pumped up... I know many people off of the street that have about the same talent on the court... The NBA isn't about that or shouldn't be. It's be and use to be about ACCOMPLISHMENTS....:tup:

Back