FSU Freshman QB De'Andre Johnson suspended, reportedly accused of punching woman in face

Your quote of my post suggests to me (and I could be wrong) that you either didn't read the entirety of it, or that you didn't understand my point. The point I was trying to make had to do with the mindset of people and their thinking when it comes to putting hands on folks. It had absolutely nothing to do with "BLACK PEOPLE HUMAN RIGHTS" or the 1960's struggles. Nor did it have to do with justifying DeAndre Johnson hitting that young lady back (which I never said I agree with). If you'd read what I posted, you would have understood where I stand on this.

Go back and read what I posted and maybe you'll see my point.

I understood your point and I basically agree with your point with a few exceptions.
Anyone standing on the back of a Malcolm X quote taken out of the context to justify his/her actions is a coward.
I am not calling you a coward I'm talking about the fools & idiots that RETALIATE in the name of Malcolm X.

You said originally, "That chick should be thankful Johnson does not live by that Malcolm X quote."
The problem today is that we take former leaders comments and twist them to mean what we want them to.
Based on Malcolm's quote I guess BLACK ON BLACK senseless violence is okay right, Malcolm said it?????.
I guess the GANG VIOLENCE is okay because of Malcolm's quote or the IDIOT shooter in your example lived by Malcolm's quote.

Malcolm X to this day is still misunderstood and misquoted by racist white people of that era as well some blacks who didn't agree with his methods or Religion.
There was Malcolm Little, Malcolm X (preMECCA) and Malcolm X (postMECCA).
Malcolm Little was the bad guy, Malcolm(preMECCA) was the separatist and Malcolm (postMECCA) was the moderate.

You talked of SELF CONTROL from the female or weaker individual end.
In my original post, I spoke of SELF CONTROL from the male or stronger individual end.

I understood your point and I basically agree with your point with a few exceptions.
Anyone standing on the back of a Malcolm X quote taken out of the context to justify his/her actions is a coward.
I am not calling you a coward I'm talking about the fools & idiots that RETALIATE in the name of Malcolm X.

You said originally, "That chick should be thankful Johnson does not live by that Malcolm X quote."
The problem today is that we take former leaders comments and twist them to mean what we want them to.
Based on Malcolm's quote I guess BLACK ON BLACK senseless violence is okay right, Malcolm said it?????.
I guess the GANG VIOLENCE is okay because of Malcolm's quote or the IDIOT shooter in your example lived by Malcolm's quote.

Malcolm X to this day is still misunderstood and misquoted by racist white people of that era as well some blacks who didn't agree with his methods or Religion.
There was Malcolm Little, Malcolm X (preMECCA) and Malcolm X (postMECCA).
Malcolm Little was the bad guy, Malcolm(preMECCA) was the separatist and Malcolm (postMECCA) was the moderate.

You talked of SELF CONTROL from the female or weaker individual end.
In my original post, I spoke of SELF CONTROL from the male or stronger individual end.

JagJack, I really do think you're missing my point. I merely used that quote to point out how people think. I originally posted that not everyone practices self-restraint or has self-control, and I even went on to post about a shooting that took place here where I live that relates to that quote by Malcolm X. My point is folks have no regard for restraint, self-control, self-discipline when it comes to putting their hands on others, WHICH IS WHY YOU DON'T HIT FOLKS! Yes, it's good to walk away and avoid confrontation whenever possible, but NOT EVERYONE DOES THAT. Some people take it further, which is what happened when that man shot and killed his girlfriend. Some people don't need a prolonged confrontation before it gets violent; just the littlest thing will/can set them over the edge. Some people react violently when provoked rather than just walk away. Some people react violently when provoked and called racial slurs. My point is that DeAndre Johnson could have easily one of those people who's been taught to strike back whenever someone hits them, or he could have easily been on of those people with the mentality of that quote. I never said gang violence is or was okay (and don't know how it got into this topic or how it relates to this topic), and I never condoned anyone living by Malcolm X's quote (although I do love and respect his teachings and philosophies on a lot of things). I never said that people retaliate in the name of Malcolm X. And people have had this mindset way before Malcolm X even existed, so it's not about twisting former leaders comments; it's about mindset of individuals, nothing more, nothing less.

And when I spoke of self-control and restraint, it is understood by anyone with common sense to mean both parties. In this case, however, no matter how you want to rationalize this, if that girl would have kept her mouth shut and kept her hands to herself, she more than likely wouldn't have gotten punched. But since she didn't, she came across one of those that react when provoked. She's very lucky DeAndre Johnson doesn't have the mentality of that quote.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
If he had listened to Malcolm X, he'd be doing just what he should be doing, defending himself and filing charges against the woman for assault.
I wonder if you'd feel the same way if a crazed woman came at you with a weapon or toward one of your loved ones. As a man, I can almost bet you'd do anything to protect those loved ones with as much force as possible, even if it called for striking the woman.
Then again, perhaps you'd turn the other cheek and allow those loved ones to be harmed for fear of being politically correct. Is that a yes or no?

As far as discounting the dude's age, did you make more mistakes at 18 than you would now?

JAYROB JAYROB, REALLY???
You asked me:
"I wonder if you'd feel the same way if a crazed woman came at you with a weapon or toward one of your loved ones."

What would JAGJACK Do? (If the way you described the situation above existed with me, I would tell my loved ones to take cover, I would then shout at her to stop if she hadn't made it to me, if she continues toward me I will arm myself with the most appropriate weapon at my disposal and I will exert whatever force is necessary to stop the individual.
JAYROB, that is called SELF-DEFENSE.
LA RS 14:19 - Use of force or violence in defense

LA RS 14:20 - Justifiable homicide

You asked me: As far as discounting the dude's age, did you make more mistakes at 18 than you would now?

Yes I made more mistakes at 18, but I had to account for them if I was caught. I took my punishment like a MAN. I didn't have people trying to come up with excuses for my actions.

Last edited:
He wasn't fighting for a drink he reacted to a punch. That could have happened at the library.

The school did not cause him to lose the scholarship. Had he been at FAMU he'd be in the same boat if he were at that club. I'm willing to bet a few FAMU players were there that night as well.

But it wasn't in a LIBRARY.
Let's not try to change the Narrative
He was trying to get a Drink not The Autobiography of Malcolm X

Why didn't none of the so called FAMU players fall victim to the FEMALE?

Last edited:
Phrat, They may reserve that right but that incident at the nightclub can happen anywhere is what I'm trying to say. Whether it's at a club, house party, dorm, private residence, etc.
Couldn't agree more. There's no way you can completely stop incidents from happening. But in most college towns w/ less than 150K people, there's always a club or two that everybody knows...every weekend the thugs, drug dealers and killers are gonna hang out there and something's gonna go down. And I've seen coaches ban players from going to those places...USM, MS State and Ole Miss has put players on notice in the past. When you see guys get suspended for "violation of team rules", sometimes this is the reason behind it.

But it wasn't in a LIBRARY.
Let's not try to change the Narrative
He waus trying to get a Drink not The Autobiography of Malcolm X

Why didn't none of the so called FAMU players fall victim to the FEMALE?

lol Preach mane.

JAYROB JAYROB, REALLY???
You asked me:
"I wonder if you'd feel the same way if a crazed woman came at you with a weapon or toward one of your loved ones."

What would JAGJACK Do? (If the way you described the situation above existed with me, I would tell my loved ones to take cover, I would then shout at her to stop if she hadn't made it to me, if she continues toward me I will arm myself with the most appropriate weapon at my disposal and I will exert whatever force is necessary to stop the individual.
JAYROB, that is called SELF-DEFENSE.
LA RS 14:19 - Use of force or violence in defense

LA RS 14:20 - Justifiable homicide

You asked me: As far as discounting the dude's age, did you make more mistakes at 18 than you would now?

Yes I made more mistakes at 18, but I had to account for them if I was caught. I took my punishment like a MAN. I didn't people trying to come up with excuses for my actions.

Truth ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^.

De'Andre Johnson was provoked by woman's racial epithets, lawyer says

http://espn.go.com/college-football...was-provoked-woman-racial-remarks-lawyer-says

I recall Stephen A. Smith getting suspended from ESPN when he said that it was possible for a woman to provoke a man to resort to violence. The PC police went crazy and said it was obsurd for him to say such a thing. Saying that it was impossible for a woman to provoke a man in hitting her. I wonder what he is thinking now.

So amid all the talk and ramblings, the White female student gets off scott free. Not even a hint of a reprimand, no investigations against a possible "hate" crime if she did use racial epithets. No physical charges.
Just be a White female verses a Black male and you get off scott free without even a mere due process.
He gets dealt with twice, once by the school, then by law enforcement and she gets dealt with by no one, perhaps due to race first, then gender.

De'Andre Johnson was provoked by woman's racial epithets, lawyer says

http://espn.go.com/college-football...was-provoked-woman-racial-remarks-lawyer-says

I recall Stephen A. Smith getting suspended from ESPN when he said that it was possible for a woman to provoke a man to resort to violence. The PC police went crazy and said it was absurd for him to say such a thing. Saying that it was impossible for a woman to provoke a man in hitting her. I wonder what he is thinking now.

so name-calling gives a person a right to hit someone?

So amid all the talk and ramblings, the White female student gets off scott free. Not even a hint of a reprimand, no investigations against a possible "hate" crime if she did use racial epithets. No physical charges.
Just be a White female verses a Black male and you get off scott free without even a mere due process.
He gets dealt with twice, once by the school, then by law enforcement and she gets dealt with by no one, perhaps due to race first, then gender.

Come On, My Buddy, JAYROB
Don't tell me you fell for the oid

"BANANA IN THE TAILPIPE" bit
Don't tell me you thought that since the USA elected a BLACK president that, like FOX news says, RACISM doesn't exist.
That's why you always have to be 1 step ahead of the problem and be the SMARTER PERSON.
De'Andre Johnson wasn't..............

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Is that what you got out of my post?

Ok. Let me break it down to the people in here. When Stephen A said that women shouldn't provoke men which can resort to a domestic dispute/violence, it caused an uproar amongst his peers at ESPN who happened to be women right around this time last year. Now, all of a sudden ESPN has the word "provoke" in their headline which lead to DeAndre's retaliation at the night club. lol

He put his hands on her first.
After she raised her hand FIRST to punch him. Was he supposed to just stand there and "hope and trust" that she wouldn't follow through with a free punch. By her using the other free fist to punch, lends credence that she was going to punch him with the first fist.
She wasn't able to use one fist, so she used the free hand to raise and follow through with the punch.
This isn't including the alleged hit to the groin and the alleged hate crime of using a racial epithet.

The point of the matter is that she hasn't apologized for anything and she hasn't been held accountable for her part in the matter. Sounds like not only White privilege but feminine privilege as well.
So will this empower more women to not be held accountable for their actions, while at the same time limiting the human rights of innocent men? Seems like it has and will.
If Black men and men in general must be held accountable, White women and women in general should be held to those same standards. That's called justice.

After she raised her hand FIRST to punch him. Was he supposed to just stand there and "hope and trust" that she wouldn't follow through with a free punch. By her using the other free fist to punch, lends credence that she was going to punch him with the first fist.
She wasn't able to use one fist, so she used the free hand to raise and follow through with the punch.
This isn't including the alleged hit to the groin and the alleged hate crime of using a racial epithet.

The point of the matter is that she hasn't apologized for anything and she hasn't been held accountable for her part in the matter. Sounds like not only White privilege but feminine privilege as well.
So will this empower more women to not be held accountable for their actions, while at the same time limiting the human rights of innocent men? Seems like it has and will.
If Black men and men in general must be held accountable, White women and women in general should be held to those same standards. That's called justice.

this is a human rights issue now?

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

she hit him because he grabbed her and wouldn't let go. a strange man grabs a woman in a club or anywhere else and she's just supposed to do what?

this is a human rights issue now?

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

she hit him because he grabbed her and wouldn't let go. a strange man grabs a woman in a club or anywhere else and she's just supposed to do what?
Yes, the human right to defend himself when threatened. I take it you'd just let her take a free swing huh?
Had she not raised her hand to HIT, punch, scratch or whatever, there would've be no earthly reason for him to grab and hold on to her arm. Her action led to his action.

Yes, the human right to defend himself when threatened. I take it you'd just let her take a free swing huh?
Had she not raised her hand to HIT, punch, scratch or whatever, there would've be no earthly reason for him to grab and hold on to her arm. Her action led to his action.

so, now we're using the rogue cop defense?

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery"-Malcolm X

What people fail to realize is that not everyone practices self-restraint and not everyone has self-control. There are people that have been taught to defend themselves whenever anyone strikes/hits/punches/slaps them. There are people that live by this quote from Malcolm X. Not very long ago, here in Little Rock, a man shot & killed his girlfriend (loaded 5-6 bullets in her) because she hit his mother during an altercation. This man left the house & came back later and almost emptied his gun into her.

I've taught my daughters to never put their hands on anyone unless it's life or death. I've instilled in them because people don't have the mindset of walking away, you KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF, no matter how angry you are, no matter how provoked you are. There are too many walking "time bombs" out here, ready to detonate at the slightest or smallest incident. That's why you don't put your hands on anyone. That chick should be thankful Johnson does not live by that Malcolm X quote. Maybe if she'd heard about it, she would have thought before putting her hands on Johnson.

yeah, but the risk of that is, you have so much self control and restraint that you automatically become a door knob. In the real world it's either defend yourself or flee. what a waste of keystrokes!

Back