FSU Freshman QB De'Andre Johnson suspended, reportedly accused of punching woman in face

That is true....young kids. That is the operative term...young kids.

Herb, you were once young, albeit many, many centuries ago :D (just kidding man lol); weren't you taught to SEGREGATE :D yourself from thugs, bad folks, drug users, thieves (not us corp thieves though lol - it's legal in america lol) dumb assed people, et al? It's amazing watching so many fall due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I was taught that but even being taught I sometimes strayed from the teaching. I have made my share of screw ups. Some could have had serious consequences if I'd been caught.

Herb, your folks gonna' gitcha' for straying, mane. I heard about all this but I for damned sure ALWAYS distanced self away from what I call are "bad" people :D . Keeps the friend-set small and keeps the inner circle even smaller. If one jacks up, one cannot place the blame on anyone other than self. Self-accountability is a mf'er. Even as a teenager. ::read::

Herb, your folks gonna' gitcha' for straying, mane. I heard about all this but I for damned sure ALWAYS distanced self away from what I call are "bad" people :D . Keeps the friend-set small and keeps the inner circle even smaller. If one jacks up, one cannot place the blame on anyone other than self. Self-accountability is a mf'er. Even as a teenager. ::read::

Just telling it like it is. I was not what you would call a "bad kid" but I did my share of mischief...the kind of stuff these days that would get you in deep doo doo

Just telling it like it is. I was not what you would call a "bad kid" but I did my share of mischief...the kind of stuff these days that would get you in deep doo doo

Awwww Herb. We gotta' take you off the pedestal mane. :( Damn. :(

How can you look a youngsta' in the eye and say "I didn't do this...." "I didn't do that...." and "I would never do this that and the other...." ??????? :( We have to lead by example, mane. :(

*sigh* You were a bad kid lol. Rambunctious perhaps? :D

The video clearly shows dude minding his own business and wasn't even paying attention to the woman. She then intentionally boots him with her buttocks then raises her fist at him in a threatening manner. He grabs her fist, then she swings and hits him, then he hits her back.
The media didn't show the woman actually instigating the altercation nor did they show her raising her fist at him first and then striking him.
Hmmm, I wonder why.
This story isn't about who hit who First or who did what first.
It's about who had the most bodily damage.
That's why the term "battery" is used in the initial charge.
When law enforcement arrived, who had the Black eye? Bruised face? Bloody nose?
Just because someone calls you a FAT PIG!, an IDIOT!,the N word doesn't give you the license to whip their butt.
Just because someone pours a drink in your face, hits you without expecting to be punched back, or steps on your brand new shoes, you can't just knock the" BLANK" out of them to prove you are a MAN.

Battery is defined as is the actual physical impact on another person.
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO STARTED IT.
We
are not talking about SELF-DEFENSE.

When he threw his punch he knew the amount of damage that his fist were capable of. Damn, he is college football player probably lifting over 300lbs.
So,
the tape/video may exonerate him from being the aggressor/instigator, but it won't JUSTIFY the level/amount of response/action he felt was needed to answer her aggression.

ONE stupid punch to a probably drunk white girl over position at the bar really shows your real MANHOOD.
Why don't you come to BR and I will take you a club in the hood and I dare you try that video junk on a brother or sister and you might really be on the other end of that BATTERY charge.

This story isn't about who hit who First or who did what first.
It's about who had the most bodily damage.
That's why the term "battery" is used in the initial charge.
When law enforcement arrived, who had the Black eye? Bruised face? Bloody nose?
Just because someone calls you a FAT PIG!, an IDIOT!,the N word doesn't give you the license to whip their butt.
Just because someone pours a drink in your face, hits you without expecting to be punched back, or steps on your brand new shoes, you can't just knock the" BLANK" out of them to prove you are a MAN.

Battery is defined as is the actual physical impact on another person.
IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO STARTED IT.
We
are not talking about SELF-DEFENSE.

When he threw his punch he knew the amount of damage that his fist were capable of. Damn, he is college football player probably lifting over 300lbs.
So,
the tape/video may exonerate him from being the aggressor/instigator, but it won't JUSTIFY the level/amount of response/action he felt was needed to answer her aggression.

ONE stupid punch to a probably drunk white girl over position at the bar really shows your real MANHOOD.
Why don't you come to BR and I will take you a club in the hood and I dare you try that video junk on a brother or sister and you might really be on the other end of that BATTERY charge.
Dude, tell that to somebody who'll believe it. When you raise your hand to strike someone, be prepared for him or her to defend himself with as much force as necessary to deter harm towards him or herself.

With your logic, women can kick men in the groin just as long as the cops don't see any blood. And on top of that, White people bruise easier, so just because a cop doesn't see a bruise doesn't mean no physical or psychological damage was done to the other person.

It also seems like you're making excuses for the woman being drunk but clearly ignore the fact that she was the aggressor, seemingly older and also drunk.

Where's HER responsibility? She could've easily moved an inch or two to her right so dude could've made his order. She could've said "I'm sorry" and moved. She could've not raised her hand to HIT the dude. She shouldn't have punched the dude FIRST or allegedly knee'd him in the groin. And last but not least, SHE could've walked away.

With all that said, she should've had charges brought on her as well. Funny how folks totally ignore all those points just to place all the blame on the dude.
Just because he plays football, does that mean HIS rights as a human being should be violated and trampled and all the blame placed solely on him?
Heck, Black men live that every day and some are just flat out tired of it and aren't gone sit there and take it, especially the young people.

Your comments remind me of 99 percent of all of the unsmart comments made by scared male reporters on ESPN who are afraid to REALLY speak their mind about the situation for fear of retaliation by feminist groups or being fired.

Last edited:
Dude, tell that to somebody who'll believe it. When you raise your hand to strike someone, be prepared for him or her to defend himself with as much force as necessary to deter harm towards him or herself.

With your logic, women can kick men in the groin just as long as the cops don't see any blood. And on top of that, White people bruise easier, so just because a cop doesn't see a bruise doesn't mean no physical or psychological damage was done to the other person.

It also seems like you're making excuses for the woman being drunk but clearly ignore the fact that she was the aggressor, seemingly older and also drunk.

Where's HER responsibility? She could've easily moved an inch or two to her right so dude could've made his order. She could've said "I'm sorry" and moved. She could've not raised her hand to HIT the dude. She shouldn't have punched the dude FIRST or allegedly knee'd him in the groin. And last but not least, SHE could've walked away.

With all that said, she should've had charges brought on her as well. Funny how folks totally ignore all those points just to place all the blame on the dude.
Just because he plays football, does that mean HIS rights as a human being should be violated and trampled and all the blame placed solely on him?
Heck, Black men live that every day and some are just flat out tired of it and aren't gone sit there and take it, especially the young people.

Your comments remind me of 99 percent of all of the unsmart comments made by scared male reporters on ESPN who are afraid to REALLY speak their mind about the situation for fear of retaliation by feminist groups or being fired.

I agree! The girl acted like a drunk animal and was clearly the aggressor. He shouldn't have been in there to begin with but that still doesn't excuse her actions.

She should've had charges brought on her as well. Funny how you just totally ignore that.

You remind me all of these unsmart comments by male reporters on television who are afraid to REALLY speak their mind about the situation for fear of retaliation by feminist groups.

I'm merely speaking to the brother on how to control his anger.
Because of his privileged status as a FSU (POWER FIVE) conference athlete he has to react differently than the common individual.
Your comments about what really happened may help him in a Court of Law.
But HE didn't sign a scholarship with the Court of Law or News media or FSU campus police or the nightclub or JayRob or JAGJACK.
He signed and was a student at FSU. They didn't need a conviction to release him.
He should have been the SMARTER PERSON because he had more to lose.
NOW HE'S GONE.

You said to me, "It also seems like you're making excuses for the woman being drunk but clearly ignore the fact that she was the aggressor, seemingly older and also drunk. She should've had charges brought on her as well. Funny how you just totally ignore that."

Then he should file a counter suit. He has your point by point expert analysis on what happened. You can charge him a fee.
Oops, I forgot, he no longer gets that under the table (PowerFive) conference paycheck.

Basically, what I am saying now and in the earlier post is that SOMEONE always has to be the bigger/smarter person in a
Confrontational situation. If no one is then they both lose. Her with the bloody nose and him with no scholarship.

this is the situation that men have to deal with (as unfair as it might be from their perspective) because there is little to gain. That's why dude should never have touched her. go home or just leave the bar area. never, ever get in a confrontation with somebody who has less to lose than you.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery"-Malcolm X

What people fail to realize is that not everyone practices self-restraint and not everyone has self-control. There are people that have been taught to defend themselves whenever anyone strikes/hits/punches/slaps them. There are people that live by this quote from Malcolm X. Not very long ago, here in Little Rock, a man shot & killed his girlfriend (loaded 5-6 bullets in her) because she hit his mother during an altercation. This man left the house & came back later and almost emptied his gun into her.

I've taught my daughters to never put their hands on anyone unless it's life or death. I've instilled in them because people don't have the mindset of walking away, you KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF, no matter how angry you are, no matter how provoked you are. There are too many walking "time bombs" out here, ready to detonate at the slightest or smallest incident. That's why you don't put your hands on anyone. That chick should be thankful Johnson does not live by that Malcolm X quote. Maybe if she'd heard about it, she would have thought before putting her hands on Johnson.

Players have the right to go wherever they want as long as they conduct themselves. You can't keep telling athletes where they can or cannot go hang out. Incidents can happen inside a private residence and still end up on the news.

Plus women know who are the athletes and even if they didn't, there are some crazy women out there who sometimes try and prevent a guy from leaving even when he wanted to. They'll block the door and dare the man to put his hands on her to try and leave. Then when he moves her out of the way, they'll cry assault.
These are the kind of women who must be held accountable for their actions just as the men should be held accountable for theirs.

I'll never say that a man should never put his hands on a woman, especially if the woman is coming after him, his kids or loved ones with a weapon. I'd be crazy not to try and protect myself and loved ones.

This is why I don't get these male reporters saying a man should "never" put his hands on a woman. That's foolish and illogical thinking. A woman can snap and lose control just like a man. Should I just sit there and let her do what she wants? I don't think so.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
this is the situation that men have to deal with (as unfair as it might be from their perspective) because there is little to gain. That's why dude should never have touched her. go home or just leave the bar area. never, ever get in a confrontation with somebody who has less to lose than you.
Dude's 18 years old. Now that you and I are older, we can see that and we're more mature, but an 18 year old?

When you're 18, young and energetic, self-restraint's not going to register many times (depending on the situation) until AFTER the fact.
That's why I take what these 30 and above older male reporters with a grain of salt. When they were at that age, they would've probably reacted the same way or even worse.

there isn't much upside for a man to put his hands on a woman. there just isn't. johnson's football career at fsu ended because of it. ray rice isn't going to play in the league again because his domestic incident was captured on video. the guy is almost never going to be seen as the victim in these situations because the public views these confrontations between men and women as unfair just due to the obvious physical disparities that are present. and because of that there is a belief that the men should exhibit more restraint in these non life-threatening situations.

Since I've watched the show Snapped and She almost Got Away with Murder, I believe anything is possible. The man isn't always the aggressor. I get what you and JayRob are saying but there comes a time when men have the defend themselves from women that are capable of doing some serious harm.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery"-Malcolm X

What people fail to realize is that not everyone practices self-restraint and not everyone has self-control. There are people that have been taught to defend themselves whenever anyone strikes/hits/punches/slaps them. There are people that live by this quote from Malcolm X. Not very long ago, here in Little Rock, a man shot & killed his girlfriend (loaded 5-6 bullets in her) because she hit his mother during an altercation. This man left the house & came back later and almost emptied his gun into her.

I've taught my daughters to never put their hands on anyone unless it's life or death. I've instilled in them because people don't have the mindset of walking away, you KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF, no matter how angry you are, no matter how provoked you are. There are too many walking "time bombs" out here, ready to detonate at the slightest or smallest incident. That's why you don't put your hands on anyone. That chick should be thankful Johnson does not live by that Malcolm X quote. Maybe if she'd heard about it, she would have thought before putting her hands on Johnson.

MALCOLM X
So this is what it has come down to? In 2015 we are using Malcolm X's 1960's BLACK PEOPLE HUMAN RIGHTS struggle quotes to justify a 2015 LEAVE ME ALONE SO I CAN GET TO THE BAR TO GET A DRINK struggle.
MALCOLM X was fighting for the Rights of OPPRESSED BLACK PEOPLE EVERYWHERE.
De'Andre Johnson was fighting for the Right to a DRINK.

Oh, and by the way, if Johnson did live by some of the Late Great Malcolm X's teachings and quotes he might be at the HBCU across town or the one in Daytona Beach instead of the PWC with an atmosphere that caused him to lose his scholarship.

Last edited:
JAGJACK is dropping pure knowledge. THIS is the type of poster that this board needs. Good stuff man. Nice post.

MALCOLM X
So this is what it has come down to? In 2015 we are using Malcolm X's 1960's BLACK PEOPLE HUMAN RIGHTS struggle quotes to justify a 2015 LEAVE ME ALONE SO I CAN GET TO THE BAR TO GET A DRINK struggle.

Oh, and by the way, if Johnson did live by some of the Late Great Malcolm X's teachings and quotes he might be at the HBCU across town or the one in Daytona Beach instead of the PWC with an atmosphere that caused him to lose his scholarship.
If he had listened to Malcolm X, he'd be doing just what he should be doing, defending himself and filing charges against the woman for assault.
I wonder if you'd feel the same way if a crazed woman came at you with a weapon or toward one of your loved ones. As a man, I can almost bet you'd do anything to protect those loved ones with as much force as possible, even if it called for striking the woman.
Then again, perhaps you'd turn the other cheek and allow those loved ones to be harmed for fear of being politically correct. Is that a yes or no?

As far as discounting the dude's age, did you make more mistakes at 18 than you would now?

Last edited:
MALCOLM X

Your quote of my post suggests to me (and I could be wrong) that you either didn't read the entirety of it, or that you didn't understand my point. The point I was trying to make had to do with the mindset of people and their thinking when it comes to putting hands on folks. It had absolutely nothing to do with "BLACK PEOPLE HUMAN RIGHTS" or the 1960's struggles. Nor did it have to do with justifying DeAndre Johnson hitting that young lady back (which I never said I agree with). If you'd read what I posted, you would have understood where I stand on this.

Go back and read what I posted and maybe you'll see my point.

MALCOLM X

He wasn't fighting for a drink he reacted to a punch. That could have happened at the library.

The school did not cause him to lose the scholarship. Had he been at FAMU he'd be in the same boat if he were at that club. I'm willing to bet a few FAMU players were there that night as well.

You can't keep telling athletes where they can or cannot go hang out. Incidents can happen inside a private residence and still end up on the news.
If I'm the coach who gave you your scholarship, i can reserve that right. I have to protect my investment (job security) and ensure your safety as a student-athlete. It is not uncommon for athletes to be banned from certain clubs/ areas in town.

If I'm the coach who gave you your scholarship, i can reserve that right. I have to protect my investment (job security) and ensure your safety as a student-athlete. It is not uncommon for athletes to be banned from certain clubs/ areas in town.

Phrat, They may reserve that right but that incident at the nightclub can happen anywhere is what I'm trying to say. Whether it's at a club, house party, dorm, private residence, etc.

Back