Finally new field turf for Southern's Mumford Stadium!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Until SU release an official statement, I don't expect any articles from the Advocate..

Don't need a release when the school publishes an image on Facebook of heavy equipment and a torn-up Mumford Stadium playing surface. The news guy in you should be like "WTF is going on there?"

Don't need a release when the school publishes an image on Facebook of heavy equipment and a torn-up Mumford Stadium playing surface. The news guy in you should be like "WTF is going on there?"

Did the school publish the photo or did someone else take the photo and post it on the schools site?
Why hasn't the school posted a news release about it?

Did the school publish the photo or did someone else take the photo and post it on the schools site?
Why hasn't the school posted a news release about it?

The school itself posted a pic on its Facebook page. The logic of not posting a news release beats me.

From my understanding, the field resurfacing is a Foundation deal with private donations and what not. I've been told a formal news release is coming.

20160513_165607_zps8k2nodnb.jpeg

Maybe I miss the article, but i find it funny how the Advocate talks every football season about how bad the fields are, yet the moment SU gets new turf not a article written

That's the media, you know how they do. But also maybe your school didn't officially mention it yet. The Advocate covers SU waaaaaay better than any media covers PV, I get my SWAC info from the Advocate

This was in my e-mail today from the SU Foundation

The Southern University System Foundation (SUSF) has partnered with the Southern University Athletics Department for the installation of a new NFL-grade synthetic turf field at A.W. Mumford Stadium. The project was made possible by a joint venture between Baton Rouge Coca-Cola Bottling Company, the Southern University System Foundation, SMG (Louisiana Superdome Management Company) and UBU Sports, Incorporated.

UBU Sports, Incorporated, located in Downers Grove, Illinois, is a leading brand of indoor and outdoor synthetic turf surfaces for use in a variety of sporting events, including football, baseball, field hockey, soccer, rugby and lacrosse. Teams that currently play on UBU, Incorporated fields include The New Orleans Saints at the Mercedes Benz Superdome, The Cincinnati Bengals at Paul Brown Stadium, The NY Giants and NY Jets at Met Life Stadium, the University of Houston at TDECU Stadium, Tulane Green Wave at Yulman Stadium, and the Houston Texans practice fields.

The actual turn being installed at Mumford is the one the Bengals, Vikings (old Metrodome and the new US Bank Stadium), Jets/Giants play on, as well at Tulane and the University of Houston. Several NFL teams have the type of turf being installed at Mumford on their practice fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back