Finally new field turf for Southern's Mumford Stadium!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the big deal . Which ever company is installing the turf I'm sure it will be of good quality. But for someone's FYI Ubu/ field turf was the samples that were on hand.

What's the big deal . Which ever company is installing the turf I'm sure it will be of good quality. But for someone's FYI Ubu/ field turf was the samples that were on hand.

Who said it was a big deal? That's funny coming from the guy/gal that wouldn't answer a simple question of whether it was regular grass or field turf base on the reasoning that certain people didn't want it public even though reportedly the coach had told a group of teenage recruits

Last edited:
They only changed it for the Texans this past season. They've actually been using it in NRG for the last 3 seasons for high school & college games.

That's not what we played on for the SCG. Of course you wouldn't know that since you didn't attend

For the record NRG stadium use turf for all games except The Texans... When Southern played UofH and both Swac championship games it was on turf. I actually walked the field pre game with the refs to mark off dead spots and report them to the coaches.

That's not what we played on for the SCG. Of course you wouldn't know that since you didn't attend

Yes you did and I was there on the field taking photos.

23471591691_b889f7b737.jpg

15353532683_e748fe44d3.jpg

11263153966_b558cb7457.jpg

For the record... Okay if y'all say so.

Ex-Texans punter Brett Hartmann sued the venue-management company SMG and the Harris County Convention and Sports Corporation, but not the team in 2012. As for Belichick, he told Boston's WEEI-FM after the Welker injury that the "turf down there is terrible."

"It's terrible. It's just inconsistent," said the Patriots coach. "It's all the little trays of grass and some of them are soft and some of them are firm and they don't all fit well together, those seams. ... Some of it feels like a sponge, some of it feels real firm and hard like the Miami surface. One step you're on one, the other step you're on another. I really think it's one of the worst fields I've seen."

Smith argued against that on Friday, saying: "Our field here at NRG Stadium has tested very well in the past. ... There's a perception -- I think a misconception -- because of the way the field is put together on the tray system that when you see a seam, it's unevenness, and that just has not been the case historically."

Smith, a member of the league's Competition Committee, told reporters that "our field relative to other grass fields over the years has tested consistently lower from an injury rate," adding that "we've been very proud of this field and very comfortable with it and, like I said, our players enjoy playing on it."

But "that has not been the case this year," Smith acknowledged, saying: "We want the best for our players and all of our decisions are predicated on doing the best for our players and, again, protecting them from unnecessary risk and doing everything we can do to win."

And you were still clueless. Since when did they started painting stripes on Astro turf?

Thanks for the close ups

He was talking about the grass for high schools and college games. I think he was actually agreeing with what you were saying about the grass field. Smh

Since we are talking turf, I will just throw is in....this is the high school in my neighborhood here in Clinton, MS.....

Turf upgrade to improve field safety for student-athletes

CLINTON — Clinton High School will soon have a renovated football field, with turf and field upgrades designed to make gameplay safer for student-athletes.

Renovations began Feb. 15 and are expected to be complete in June.

The upgrades are the first of this kind in Mississippi, according to contractors Hellas Construction. The project includes adding organic infill and a shock pad.

“An organic infill offers the best of both worlds, without the downside to natural grass,” said Dr. Clay Norton, athletic director. “The field will have constant playability and additionally it will give the players a more natural feel of play.”

The Geo Plus infill has been proven to lower field temperatures by at least 40 degrees, according to Hellas. In addition to the cooling capabilities, the field will include organic coconut fibers and cork offering a playing surface comparable to natural grass fields.

“Natural field of play refers to shoe and cleat interface with the field,” Norton said. “The field would never be sloppy once it drains effectively.”

The track surrounding the field is also undergoing renovations, with the new surface designed for all-weather use.

“We feel that this will create a safer playing experience for our student-athletes and safety is our top priority,” said Dr. Phil Burchfield, superintendent of schools. “We never want to place our kids in extreme conditions where heat and the nature of the fiber surface could impact their physical well-being.”

I think the conversation is about the Mumford finally getting field turf. And folks are having a conversation about which company is handling the installation.

Within that conversation folks are sharing their opinions, thoughts and experiences on various types of turf and the companies who installed them.

I could be wrong.

If the turf is Columbia blue, then get ready to start cleaning off dead birds or chasing birds off the field like Boise State. LOL

But I thought the company that did the Superdome turf and Tulane's stadium turn (UBU Sports) was the company contracted for Mumford Stadium?

Just making conversation. As for the company that's doing it. There's so much hush, hush, innuendo and rumor. Who knows what to believe?

We'll find out when they finish unless they put campus police on guard to lock it down until football season.

Since we are talking turf, I will just throw is in....this is the high school in my neighborhood here in Clinton, MS.....

Turf upgrade to improve field safety for student-athletes

CLINTON — Clinton High School will soon have a renovated football field, with turf and field upgrades designed to make gameplay safer for student-athletes.

Renovations began Feb. 15 and are expected to be complete in June.

The upgrades are the first of this kind in Mississippi, according to contractors Hellas Construction. The project includes adding organic infill and a shock pad.

“An organic infill offers the best of both worlds, without the downside to natural grass,” said Dr. Clay Norton, athletic director. “The field will have constant playability and additionally it will give the players a more natural feel of play.”

The Geo Plus infill has been proven to lower field temperatures by at least 40 degrees, according to Hellas. In addition to the cooling capabilities, the field will include organic coconut fibers and cork offering a playing surface comparable to natural grass fields.

“Natural field of play refers to shoe and cleat interface with the field,” Norton said. “The field would never be sloppy once it drains effectively.”

The track surrounding the field is also undergoing renovations, with the new surface designed for all-weather use.

“We feel that this will create a safer playing experience for our student-athletes and safety is our top priority,” said Dr. Phil Burchfield, superintendent of schools. “We never want to place our kids in extreme conditions where heat and the nature of the fiber surface could impact their physical well-being.”

Hold up a Prairie View person living in Clinton? Who would have thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back