FAMU Kappas jailed

Status
Not open for further replies.

jagface

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070130/NEWS01/701300317

Two Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity brothers at Florida A&M University, Michael Morton and Jason Harris, received two-year prison sentences on Monday for hazing fraternity pledge Marcus Jones.

Handing down the first sentence under a 2005 Florida law making hazing that causes serious bodily injury a felony regardless of victim consent, Judge Kathleen Dekker said, "I want to save the victims who will quietly go along, because they want to belong. ... I hope that somebody out there says, 'Those two guys, they got two years, oh my God, it's not worth it.' ?

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070130/NEWS01/701300317

Two Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity brothers at Florida A&M University, Michael Morton and Jason Harris, received two-year prison sentences on Monday for hazing fraternity pledge Marcus Jones.

Handing down the first sentence under a 2005 Florida law making hazing that causes serious bodily injury a felony regardless of victim consent, Judge Kathleen Dekker said, "I want to save the victims who will quietly go along, because they want to belong. ... I hope that somebody out there says, 'Those two guys, they got two years, oh my God, it's not worth it.' ?

Say it judge!!

Even with that, there are still some poor misguided kids out there who want to "fit in" that they will allow themselves to be victimized, and there are still Greek fools who will abuse someone because they will convince them that they won't be "accepted" otherwise.

Well, at least justice was served. They are going to jail where they belong!

I can only imagine the love they will feel for the frat in about seven months. Will the long nights, sets, study sessions, Council meetings, etc...be worth the agony of prison?

I love Kappa Alpha Psi. But, I love my life more.

Say it judge!!

Even with that, there are still some poor misguided kids out there who want to "fit in" that they will allow themselves to be victimized, and there are still Greek fools who will abuse someone because they will convince them that they won't be "accepted" otherwise.

Well, at least justice was served. They are going to jail where they belong!

Are you guy's serious, man this is a waste of a lot of lives. The guy that Agreed to get his ass kicked and these two Black Young Men students. I Understand what everyone is saying and I Agree with you guys also, but one thing that everyone is failing to say is that this young man should be grown enough to make this decision not to get his ***** kicked if he don't want to. How can you say Poor when he choose his fate. He was not victimized he had a choice. This is just my opinion, I'm NOT condoning what they did, I feel like it was wrong and went WAY too far but you can't excuse someone who willingly went out to get beat. I mean what if none of that happened it was still wrong for them to beat him but he wouldn't have told and he would have been doing the samething to someone else the next semester. The law was one sided on that one, at Alcorn both would have been prosecuted unless the guy didn't go out there willingly.

Are you guy's serious, man this is a waste of a lot of lives. The guy that Agreed to get his ass kicked and these two Black Young Men students. I Understand what everyone is saying and I Agree with you guys also, but one thing that everyone is failing to say is that this young man should be grown enough to make this decision not to get his ***** kicked if he don't want to. How can you say Poor when he choose his fate. He was not victimized he had a choice. This is just my opinion, I'm NOT condoning what they did, I feel like it was wrong and went WAY too far but you can't excuse someone who willingly went out to get beat. I mean what if none of that happened it was still wrong for them to beat him but he wouldn't have told and he would have been doing the samething to someone else the next semester. The law was one sided on that one, at Alcorn both would have been prosecuted unless the guy didn't go out there willingly.

Are YOU serious? Are you attempting to condone this isht? True enough, the victim has some responsibility because he allowed it, but get real! We all know damned well how things go with too many of these foolish kids these days.....either let us beat your azz, or you will not be respected as being a "real" frat! That's how it goes down!

The ULTIMATE responsibility lies with these culprits who are now going to jail, because all they had to do was stop beating the kid's ass....simple as that! Yes, I am serious, and when I said they got what they desereved, I meant it and have no regrets for making that statement. If it were Alpha Phi Alpha, I'd feel the same way, if not stronger!

These folks are going to learn (one way or the other as the judge alluded to,) that they can't beat the hell out of these kids all in the name of "brotherhood," which is an oxymoron within itself. If they don't learn, they will suffer the same fate as these young fools, and they too will deserve to go to jail!!

Are YOU serious? Are you attempting to condone this isht? True enough, the victim has some responsibility because he allowed it, but get real! We all know damned well how things go with too many of these foolish kids these days.....either let us beat your azz, or you will not be respected as being a "real" frat! That's how it goes down!

The ULTIMATE responsibility lies with these culprits who are now going to jail, because all they had to do was stop beating the kid's ass....simple as that! Yes, I am serious, and when I said they got what they desereved, I meant it and have no regrets for making that statement. If it were Alpha Phi Alpha, I'd feel the same way, if not stronger!

These folks are going to learn (one way or the other as the judge alluded to,) that they can't beat the hell out of these kids all in the name of "brotherhood," which is an oxymoron within itself. If they don't learn, they will suffer the same fate as these young fools, and they too will deserve to go to jail!!

Why do you have to point out Alpha Phi Alpha? I agree with some of the stuff The Foundation stated. This kid had damn that this YOUNG MAN made a decision to participate in the hazing process. He should have been man enough to say hell no I'm down this HSIT! The men who are going to jail knew the outcome if something went wrong. I'm sure no one put a gun to his head and made him participate. It boils down to make the right decisions in life.

I can only imagine the love they will feel for the frat in about seven months. Will the long nights, sets, study sessions, Council meetings, etc...be worth the agony of prison?

I love Kappa Alpha Psi. But, I love my life more.

WITH ALL THE NEWS ABOUT HAZING BEING WRONG AND ALL THE LIVES LOST AND NEARLY LOST, can't nobody make me endure that type of treatment.

He was stupid but they were dumb as hell to sit up and dayum near kill a person and bust his eardrum.....Stupid MFs. I'm glad they got jail time and I feel they should have gotten more time than 2 years! Maybe their time with Big Butt Bruce in jail will make them find some remorse. Who half raised these heathens? I wonder what their OWN big brothers are saying about this...

WITH ALL THE NEWS ABOUT HAZING BEING WRONG AND ALL THE LIVES LOST AND NEARLY LOST, can't nobody make me endure that type of treatment.

He was stupid but they were dumb as hell to sit up and dayum near kill a person and bust his eardrum.....Stupid MFs. I'm glad they got jail time and I feel they should have gotten more time than 2 years! Maybe their time with Big Butt Bruce in jail will make them find some remorse. Who half raised these heathens? I wonder what their OWN big brothers are saying about this...

:tup:

:lol: @ Big Butt Bruce!

First of all let me state That hazing does not exist in Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, inc. That being said, If I were attempting to pledge and it was made apparent to me that there would be azz whooping involved, and I was given a choice to either take said azz whooping, or bypass it, both culminating to the same end. And I still chose 'azz whooping' . Then that is my fault!!!! It is on me!!!! .....But i guess yall are right, "he just wanted to fit in". But 2 years, 24 months, 104 weeks, 730 day is fcuking excessive....For giving someone what they asked for. What punishment did the "victim" receive. Back in the day I was pledging Omega Psi Phi though Southern University hadn't given the Greeks permission to start their spring processes yet. Well we were found out and the Frat was punished, as well as the pledgees because............>>>>>>>> WE KNEW WHAT WE WERE DOING!!!!!!

First of all let me state That hazing does not exist in Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, inc. That being said, If I were attempting to pledge and it was made apparent to me that there would be azz whooping involved, and I was given a choice to either take said azz whooping, or bypass it, both culminating to the same end. And I still chose 'azz whooping' . Then that is my fault!!!! It is on me!!!! .....But i guess yall are right, "he just wanted to fit in". But 2 years, 24 months, 104 weeks, 730 day is fcuking excessive....For giving someone what they asked for. What punishment did the "victim" receive. Back in the day I was pledging Omega Psi Phi though Southern University hadn't given the Greeks permission to start their spring processes yet. Well we were found out and the Frat was punished, as well as the pledgees because............>>>>>>>> WE KNEW WHAT WE WERE DOING!!!!!!

:read: :cool:

ROOOO!

That is the exact point that I'm trying to make.

WOW? let me start by first saying I respect what each of you said. Now let?s be real, that young man knew what he was doing? like most of us said, I want to be recognized as a NUPE!!!!

However, that does not give bro?s and open pass to go over board with hazing. The two brothers with all that going for them, as everyone said from the University; truly were not thinking doing this pledging process. Got caught up in the moment, for the love of Kappa, this is what we had to go through?

The judge did what she had to do? think about it, this young man will endure medical problems longer than 2 years.

2 years???

That's it?

I could do that on my head.
yeah right
:scared:

It's easy to say that as a free man, but I'm willing to bet as soon as the cell doors are closed and locked, 2 years would seem like an eternity. :scared:

regardless of the circumstances, this is a sad story.

Its easy for yall to say all this now...especially knowing that those who dont get their asses kicked wont be respected and will be called "paper." Personally ive never had interest in frats so it doesnt apply to me.

yeah right

It's easy to say that as a free man, but I'm willing to bet as soon as the cell doors are closed and locked, 2 years would seem like an eternity. :scared:

I hope Im not put in that position though. I like being free.

I feel this child would have NEVER HAD to make the decision as to whether or not he should get his arse beat if it were NOT an option by the ORAGNIZATION to which he was pledging. Who decides the pledging ACTIVITIES? Certainly NOT the pledgees. When will people get it through their spacious skulls that this shti ain't nothing to fukk with - people lose their lives and when you make the choice to administer whatever you deem appropriate in the name of MAKING someone, you run the risk of causing them harm. All that said, and since noone totally knows the medical problems one may or may not have, and since no one knows the physical limitations another's body can endure before it breaks down or shuts down - it best to keep your DAMND hands to yourself before you find yourself where these to "fine" gentlemen are going - Cell Block A w/ Big Willie as a roommate. It's easy to sit & say what the pledgee shouldn't have taken & he probably shouldn't have subject himself to such harm, but I believe when one is going is in the middle of a "set" you ain't gonna have too many people saying, "No thank you, I don't choose to be beat tonight" and allowed to just stand on the sidelines and watch their line brothers go through whatever's going down.

Not shti. Maybe, "They took one for the shield......" who knows.

I know a frat from Florida who knows one of the Brothers who is went to jail personally. It's a sad situation all around. I have learned that a brother is a brother whether he got hazed or not. Azz whoopings don't make you a Kappa Man. ACHIEVEMENT does....

This brothers are only gone for 2 years, with good behavior, 7 months.....they still have time to ACHIEVE. Now as far as the young men who were hazed, half of this is their fault because they knew the deal.

yeah right

damn right about that... I was in jail for a week and couldnt imagine what people in prison had to go through. My brother was in prison for 8 years.... I tell him all the time I dont see how he did it. Jail will make you crazy. We take being able to walk where we want to WHEN we want to for granted. I had a nervous breakdown JUST because it was only so far left, right and in front of me I could see. I started punching concrete walls.. busting my knuckles up... the jailers thought i was crazy. That **** aint no fun place to be.

Now as far as the young men who were hazed, half of this is their fault because they knew the deal.

That is so dumb.....

Thats just like saying that people who have crimes committed against them is there fault because they were in a certain area at the wrong time or because a women wore a short skirt and got assualted because of that.

:slap:

That is so dumb.....

Thats just like saying that people who have crimes committed against them is there fault because they were in a certain area at the wrong time or because a women wore a short skirt and got assualted because of that.

:slap:
I concur Fiyahman! :no:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back