Most anticipated games for the 2015 football season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, you really don't our players do you. So our RB ain't good? Willie Quinn, Menard and Jones are not good WRs? Our QB as true Freshman took us to the SCG but we have no talent? Man put down the weed you are smoking. One thing about Big Worm and his staff. Them mofos can recruit. We got more talent on this team than we have had in many years.

I didn't mention your offense. Now that you have a QB to start the season, you should be okay in that area. BUT, you don't have the talent of 3 years ago across the board.

I see dayum near everyone is talking about JSU vs Valley... :sigh:

Valley plays JSU tough EVERY single year. They can be 0-6 and JSU has to crawl our way out of the game. During tha 20 year stretch that we beat Valley every year, AT LEAST 5-6 games should have been Ws for Valley. Everyone is really overhyping what happened last year. Go check the past JSU-Valley scores. JSU should beat Valley 42-0 this year but knowing Valley, they will make us work for it. Also, don't you people go thinking Valley will be better this year than last. They won't be.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Alcorn's QB can't pass so all you really have to do is shut down the run BUT you also have to have linemen and LBs capable of doing that. Alcorn's o-line is legit!

you are right but its easier said than done. You all didn't shut down our run. We just DIDN'T run. Remember we was up 11 on yall with about 5min to play.

(I still can't believe we didn't run that clock)

you are right but its easier said than done. You all didn't shut down our run. We just DIDN'T run. Remember we was up 11 on yall with about 5min to play.

(I still can't believe we didn't run that clock)
I remember Ivy beating Alcorn on one leg!!!! Alcorn's secondary got shredded by Ivy who only played 3 quarters but went 27 of 38 for 376 yards. If he had played the whole game vs Alcorn there's no telling what kind of numbers he would of put up.

I didn't mention your offense. Now that you have a QB to start the season, you should be okay in that area. BUT, you don't have the talent of 3 years ago across the board.

Stick to JSU, you know nothing about SU. Easily we have more talent and depth.

2012 4-7

2013 9-4 SWAC Champs

2014 9-4 SWAC Runner-Ups

That doesn't look like a downward spiral of talent to me. With your statements, you're pretty much saying that Coach Odums is easily the best coach in the SWAC since we are supposedly void of talent yet still managed to reach Houston 2 years in a row, including beating everyone in the SWAC not named Alcorn with a freshman QB and a ton of other young, talented players.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I see dayum near everyone is talking about JSU vs Valley... :sigh:

Valley plays JSU tough EVERY single year. They can be 0-6 and JSU has to crawl our way out of the game. During tha 20 year stretch that we beat Valley every year, AT LEAST 5-6 games should have been Ws for Valley. Everyone is really overhyping what happened last year. Go check the past JSU-Valley scores. JSU should beat Valley 42-0 this year but knowing Valley, they will make us work for it. Also, don't you people go thinking Valley will be better this year than last. They won't be.

When a team beats an instate rival for the first time in almost 20 years, there is no such thing as over hyping.

Comegy is a mastermind at bringing in talent from anywhere to anywhere. Last year, Valley brought in a small class, but they had about 7 guys who were high school standouts and are keepers. Some of them were redshirtted.

Hate him or clown him, Comegy is a winner and he puts together winning programs. I can't see him not winning some games at Valley. This season, they have depth on the line and have added speed to key positions. As you know, they have a great OL coach with plenty of big guys for him to work with this season.

I think JSU has enough talent to compete for a SWAC title, but nobody knows if coach Jackson has what it takes lead the Tigers. Valley has issued plenty of scares and fits to JSU on the field with horrible talent and depth. In Comegy's era, Valley will have better athletes and more depth to fight with. I don't see Valley being the same Valley for long.

When a team beats an instate rival for the first time in almost 20 years, there is no such thing as over hyping.

Comegy is a mastermind at bringing in talent from anywhere to anywhere. Last year, Valley brought in a small class, but they had about 7 guys who were high school standouts and are keepers. Some of them were redshirtted.

Hate him or clown him, Comegy is a winner and he puts together winning programs. I can't see him not winning some games at Valley. This season, they have depth on the line and have added speed to key positions. As you know, they have a great OL coach with plenty of big guys for him to work with this season.

I think JSU has enough talent to compete for a SWAC title, but nobody knows if coach Jackson has what it takes lead the Tigers. Valley has issued plenty of scares and fits to JSU on the field with horrible talent and depth. In Comegy's era, Valley will have better athletes and more depth to fight with. I don't see Valley being the same Valley for long.
I am with you on this one. Valley won't be the same under Comegy. He is bringing Valley a legitimate depth chart to turn the tide on the many close games we have seen from Valley. All of those LB's that he brought in should help as well. I know for a fact that the one from Kipp in Memphis is a player. Comegy can recruit.

Still in all, Jackson State has everything they need to go to a SWAC title game. I only see Alcorn fighting for the East crown, but they have to go through Jackson to get it.

I remember Ivy beating Alcorn on one leg!!!! Alcorn's secondary got shredded by Ivy who only played 3 quarters but went 27 of 38 for 376 yards. If he had played the whole game vs Alcorn there's no telling what kind of numbers he would of put up.

Funny, I remember 3 Alcorn tds being called back but I didn't use the word "if". You shouldn't either. We will properly thrash JSU when we come see you. 31-7 halftime score remember.

Reactions: J C
Funny, I remember 3 Alcorn tds being called back but I didn't use the word "if". You shouldn't either. We will properly thrash JSU when we come see you. 31-7 halftime score remember.

I remember on a few of those called back tds that you guys had penalties. Y'all were at home so that really had nothing to do with us lol. We turned it over twice but your coach gambled and lost. He fed into the whole " we're putting 80 points on jsu " thing and didn't secure the win.

I remember on a few of those called back tds that you guys had penalties. Y'all were at home so that really had nothing to do with us lol. We turned it over twice but your coach gambled and lost. He fed into the whole " we're putting 80 points on jsu " thing and didn't secure the win.

Man you guys are hilarious you all thumping your chest saying you did this and that but again our offensive play calling with 5 minutes to go in the game cost us the game. We run we win they got over confident calling passing plays and we lost simple as that. I guess most of you posting didn't watch the same damn game as everyone else.

Man you guys are hilarious you all thumping your chest saying you did this and that but again our offensive play calling with 5 minutes to go in the game cost us the game. We run we win they got over confident calling passing plays and we lost simple as that. I guess most of you posting didn't watch the same damn game as everyone else.

I said your coach gambled...which he did. Y'all wanted to get in a battle with jsu's passing attack and you don't have the offensive personnel for that. Y'all lost nearly the same way ala st did when they had Crowell, you stopped running. You stopped doing what worked and lost.

Let them have there win...they gonna need it after this season.
Besides, we bounced back like a real champ would.
Ain't no folding in Braves Country, unlike that other MS team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back