Most anticipated games for the 2015 football season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmyoliver

1. In my opinion I must start off with the swac championship game. No matter who has played there the last two years The atmosphere has been a-1. I plan to continue to go every year no matter who play and the rest are as follows.

2. Jsu vs TnSU ( with a much improved JSU overall, should make for a more competitive game )

3. Alcorn vs Grambling ( could be a glimps of the 2015 SCG )

4. Jsu vs SU ( this games atmosphere and hype could rival any power 5 conference game anytime even without all the media coverage and money the power 5 has )

5. Jsu vs Grambling ( two of the most historic football programs in black college deserves a spot on my top 5 list without question )

6. All of Alabama State games. ( I'm not a Jenkins fan so I can't wait to see him get his a** torn out the frame. WELCOME TO THE SWAC )

1. Labor Day Classic - PV comes in with an entirely new coaching staff to face their old HC who is now the DC at sTu.
2. State Fair Classic - winner of this game could very well have the inside track to the SWAC West crown.

I'm also excited about the JSU vs txsu game. Old school run n shoot offense versus new school run n shoot offense.

I'll keep it SWAC related:

BCU at Grambling...the Tigers almost nipped the Wildcats in Daytona last season. It looks as if Grambling has improved, and I don't think you'll see much of a drop in BCU this season as they retained a lot of talent and the bulk of their coaching staff following the departure of Brian Jenkins to Alabama State.

Last edited:
1. SU vs. Jackson State- most intense rivalry in HBCU football right now.

2. SU vs. Alcorn- rematch of the SCG and could be a preview to the 2015 SCG

3. Bayou Classic- might once again decide the West

4. Grambling vs. BCU- could be a statement game for GSU

5. JSU vs. TNSU- Jackson can restore a lot of can confidence in his program with a win against TNSU.

SU vs Georgia- obvious blowout, but this will be my first time watching a college game in an SEC stadium in person.

SU vs JSU any year....
Bayou Classic- should be 65,000 plus this year. Last year's game was a Marketing Monster. Look for an even more rejuvenated BC
SU vs Alcorn... Rematch.. Im just not too sure at this point Odums will be ready...
Gram vs. Alcorn....
Bama St vs Anybody.... I am interested in seeing Jenkins style of cheating in the SWAC.. LOL!

Gram vs Alcorn will be fun
The Bamas playing each other should be good because it will be a nailbiter

Yea that's the one I'm sitting on. I don't think Odums has yet to beat this team/coach

Odums can't beat Hopson. He just doesn't have to correct formula. Hopson is a much better coach and Alcorn can match SU's talent level. In fact, Odums gets away with a lot of horrific decisions, but the Jags keep enough speed and raw talent on their sidelines to bail him out. If SWAC coaching was better , Odums would be sent packing out of the bayou. You heard it hear first.

Odums can't beat Hopson. He just doesn't have to correct formula. Hopson is a much better coach and Alcorn can match SU's talent level. In fact, Odums gets away with a lot of horrific decisions, but the Jags keep enough speed and raw talent on their sidelines to bail him out. If SWAC coaching was better , Odums would be sent packing out of the bayou. You heard it hear first.
U think so? Whos your team?

1. SU vs. Jackson State- most intense rivalry in HBCU football right now.

2. SU vs. Alcorn- rematch of the SCG and could be a preview to the 2015 SCG

3. Bayou Classic- might once again decide the West

4. Grambling vs. BCU- could be a statement game for GSU

5. JSU vs. TNSU- Jackson can restore a lot of can confidence in his program with a win against TNSU.
Nice roundup except for SU vs Alcorn. SU not going back to Houston in Dec this year buddy.

I'll disagree

We had Alcorn beat in Mumford for our H.C. but the refs blew a INT or QB fumble TD that would have given us the lead (but that's neither here nor there)
Last year, we just got beat in Lorman, I think we as a team were still finding ourselves, (the Hopson dude out-coached Odums and the players outplayed us
At the SCG (we beat ourselves believe or not) we were down and rallied back, but stop attacking the defense, we had TOs that hurt us and some questionable calls from the officials, coaching on our defense played a part as well, but there was nothing special that game that Alcorn did to beat us...

Just my 2 cents
What I've seen from Alcorn since Hopson been there, the only game that I can (ME) say that they outplayed SU was last year in Alcorn, and that came we were missing key players, but again, that's not something I'm going to stand on...I think this year match-up will tell alot about both teams...

Last edited:
I actually agree with parts of this. Odums will beat Hopson this season. Alcorn will miss Simmons and Odums owns Kaiss.

I'll disagree

We had Alcorn beat in Mumford for our H.C. but the refs blew a INT TD that would have given us the lead (but that's neither here nor there)
Last year, we just got beat in Lorman, I think we as a team were still finding ourselves, (the Hopson dude out-coached Odums and the players outplayed us
At the SCG (we beat ourselves believe or not) we were down and rallied back, but stop attacking the defense, we had TOs that hurt us and some questionable calls from the officials, coaching on our defense played a part as well, but there was nothing special that game that Alcorn did to beat us...

Just my 2 cents
What I've seen from Alcorn since Hopson been there, the only game that I can (ME) say that they outplayed SU was last year in Alcorn, and that came we were missing key players, but again, that's not something I'm going to stand on...I think this year match-up will tell alot about both teams...
Not to mention Dray overthrowing a wide open Lee Doss that turned a sure TD into an int. Alcorn played tough to beat us in a sold-out Mumford.

Nice roundup except for SU vs Alcorn. SU not going back to Houston in Dec this year buddy.

SU ran through the SWAC with the exception of Alcorn, you do know this and the comeback behind game against AAMU? we won our last 8 outta 9 or 7 outta 8 games with the SCG being that lost, u do know this, even if you don't care, I'll put it there for you...

Not to mention Dray overthrowing a wide open Lee Doss for an int.
I forgot about that, again that's something ppl fail to see in our last 3 matchups against Alcorn, I'll give them that W in Lorman but again we were missing key players, but that H.C. and SCG, I didn't see anything that Alcorn did, in fact, their Offense was shut the f down at one point in that SCG, 3 and outs were been posted, we shot ourselves in the foot, we would be playing for our 3rd str8 title if those TOs and questionable calls weren't made

Alcorn Is beatable. Every swac team is beatable. The key to beating alcorn is throwing the ball offensively and making their qb throw more defensively. Its easier said than done lol but they are a juggernaut, I'll give them that. Their coach gambles.... a lot. I still think simmons was a big part of their success. Their defense is pretty decent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back