Most anticipated games for the 2015 football season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
WOW.. this makes the second time recently that you have been right. Odums can't coach but also, SU is not nearly as talented as they think they are. Their defense is STILL terrible. It's just that most SWAC offenses were bad last year and covered that up. JSU gave SU to formula to beat Alcorn but at the end of the day, SU did not have the talent that JSU has on defense to get the job done.

Tigerpirde, you are crazy dude.

So how you feel about the Chuck and duck offense Grambling ran last season, or the zero cover defense. Oh I works vs Simmons, but anybody with a decent QB and O line will expose your D.

Who is debating that? The response was addressed facts pertaining to Alcorn vs SU/Odums/Hopson.

Unlike many of ya'll, I am confident in my knowledge of the game enough to admit flaws in my own team. You are absolutely right about what you said. For that that reason, there are two other Grambling fans on this board who vouch that the Bayou Classic happened the exact way I predicted it to happen. Our defense and DC had flaws, and Odums is a overrated coach who makes poor decisions. Anyone who saw the game saw it.

Now, since you are throwing jabs at my G-Men, just know that our offensive passing plays were and are too much for SU's overrated coaching staff to deal with. My god! Did you see the wide open receivers in the second half? SU's DB's proved that they are being educated about routes on the bayou. SU fans should be praying that Grambling's secondary won't improve because if it is, you will get killed in the Bayou Classic this year. I can't put my money where my mouth is yet because I have to see if our newcomers are ready for war yet. If so, you won't win.

Have you really been impressed with SU's last 3 showings under Odums vs Grambling? In 2012, he almost crapped up a loss to a sloppy GSU team, in 2013, he kept a pure trash GSU team in the game way too long, and last year, Odums was dominated in the 2nd half by a team with way too many flaws.

I guess you Jags are sitting on "At least we won" mode. That's fine. Enjoy it while it last. Odums is a recruiter, but his coaching game will be exposed soon since ya'll seem to have on power blue shades.

The majority of Gram's scores were on busted plays where your QB scrambled around until your WR came free. Wasn't no routes that got your wr's open lol.

Tigerpirde, you are crazy dude.

Who is debating that? The response was addressed facts pertaining to Alcorn vs SU/Odums/Hopson.

Unlike many of ya'll, I am confident in my knowledge of the game enough to admit flaws in my own team. You are absolutely right about what you said. For that that reason, there are two other Grambling fans on this board who vouch that the Bayou Classic happened the exact way I predicted it to happen. Our defense and DC had flaws, and Odums is a overrated coach who makes poor decisions. Anyone who saw the game saw it.

Now, since you are throwing jabs at my G-Men, just know that our offensive passing plays were and are too much for SU's overrated coaching staff to deal with. My god! Did you see the wide open receivers in the second half? SU's DB's proved that they are being educated about routes on the bayou. SU fans should be praying that Grambling's secondary won't improve because if it is, you will get killed in the Bayou Classic this year. I can't put my money where my mouth is yet because I have to see if our newcomers are ready for war yet. If so, you won't win.

Have you really been impressed with SU's last 3 showings under Odums vs Grambling? In 2012, he almost crapped up a loss to a sloppy GSU team, in 2013, he kept a pure trash GSU team in the game way too long, and last year, Odums was dominated in the 2nd half by a team with way too many flaws.

I guess you Jags are sitting on "At least we won" mode. That's fine. Enjoy it while it last. Odums is a recruiter, but his coaching game will be exposed soon since ya'll seem to have on power blue shades.
Only two teams in the conference i respect that is Grambling and Alcorn. Grambling needs a secondary and running backs to b successful. Grambling has the tools but something is missing.

Outside of HC and JSU (we know it's a sellout and anticipated because people will want to see if Valley can do it again AT Rice-Totten), I want to see us against SU. We ended the season with them and start our SWAC season with them after a tough game against a FBS foe. (I'm penciling in Q at QB) How much of a jump can he make from his junior to senior year. How much improvement will the freshman receivers (Tavis James will be the one to watch out. He was coming on before he got hurt last year). , RB and OL (freshman will be mixed with JC players) have from last year to this year. If that game is close i.e. the Grambling game from last year then I think my prediction of at least doubling our wins will come true. We know Comegy's teams have shown big time improvement in year two

Other SWAC games:

BC - I think one of these teams will be in the SCG this year. West berth could be on the line again.
JSU/Alcorn - Was that Tigers win last year a fluke because of the Braves looking ahead to the SCG? We'll find out this year with the game in Jackson
MCC - Will Jenkins get the Hornets over the hump against the pesky young Bulldogs? Throw the records out the door
Alcorn/SU - The presumed 2 best teams in the SWAC on paper. The Jags having a chance of winning will depend on how much Howard has grown as a QB.
Alcorn/GSU - You know Hopson wants revenge on how the Tigers did them in the 1st half last year.
PV/Grambling - I've got my eyes on those Panthers. They've been dropping hints on here about the QB they have could be better than Lovelocke. We know they can score. Do they have the personnel to rum Simmons offense. Plus it's their defense that's their big problem.

As someone said, I think EVERY SWAC team will bring their best this year every game. Even UAPB. Got my eye on them as well as those UAPB transfers.

That means nothing!

Jackson State could have won 8 games last season.
Grambling could have won the SWAC championship last season.

Valley could have won 4 games last season.

TSU could have won 6 games last season.

PV was 1 or 2 plays from being a ok team last season.

At the end of the day, do it and prove it. What's been proven is that Odums makes horrible decisions on 3rd and 4th down, and he can't seem to beat Hopson.

Take notes:

Folk you saying it means nothing when it means that Alcorn won the games off of that matter, what is you saying..

Oh the ref called a TD back that would have given SU the lead that would have given us the W but Alcorn wins by a TD in OT means nothing? lol ok, the mere fact that OT wouldn't have been needed folk, what is you saying

At the end of the day, you have your opinion on the Odums dude cool, but he's beaten you guys 3 times, so I guess his horrible selections on 3rd down and 4th and was it in 2013 we dayum near hung 50 on yall? man I tell you there were some bad decisions he made to hang close to 50 pts on yall, he must be doing something right in beating yall 3 str8 years in a row (2 which sent us to the ship.....step brother)

Can't beat Hopson we'll see is all I got

The majority of Gram's scores were on busted plays where your QB scrambled around until your WR came free. Wasn't no routes that got your wr's open lol.

Lol

Right dude is sitting up here talking like his team was in the game like the score indicated that his team is up there with SU lol stop, when theirs scores came on busted ass plays..man go somewhere with that Madden Offense smh...

The most anticipated games for 2015 are as follows...

Grambling vs Alcorn Evidently, this has turned into "somebody's got something to prove!" This will be a very big one, with people coming all outta the woodwork for. Intensity is picking back up, coupled with a Braves Homecoming equals a big day in Lorman.

Alcorn vs Southern Hmmm, there is a thin line between love and hate. Though traditionally a civil rivalry, things could be turning for the worse between the two. Expect a sellout crowd in Baton Rouge on Halloween night. Arrive early....it will be yet another interesting gameday.

Alabama A&M vs Alabama State 2014 was a nail-biter between these instate rivalries in the annual Magic City Classic. Basically just pick heads or tails and wait for the outcome....it will be too close to call again. Enormous day in Birmingham...

Mississippi Valley vs Jackson State I do believe that things will get extremely heated in Itta Bena this year. The people of The Delta now believe that they own Jackson and all of its contents. Well...one way to find out. The word on the street is that Valley will run over Jackson again. Jackson says.."No way in hell." Heated game. Expect rowdy and angry crowds.

Southern vs Grambling The Bayou Classic...ahhhh..what can I say? Big game in New Orleans no matter what happens during the season. If both of these teams escape the Prairie View wild-card factor of the SWAC West, this game will be epic of course. Everyone knows what to expect for this day in Louisiana.

Jackson State vs Alcorn Crazy day in Jackson... When it comes to these two, records and titles go out the window. Anything can happen. This is a longstanding bitter in-state rivalry. Can Jackson hold on to their 2014 victory or will Alcorn take revenge and run them all out of Memorial Stadium? Let the chips fall where they may. Expect an angry/intense atmosphere. Big day.

Other noteworthy games for 2015 will include: Texas Southern vs Prairie View, Prairie View vs Grambling, Southern vs Jackson State, Arkansas Pine-Bluff vs Mississippi Valley, & Alabama State vs Jackson State.

1 busted play and 4 busted brains by your DB pulling up anticipating a short slot in/out to play. But anyway, I am glad you Jags are satisfied with your performance.

Folk you saying it means nothing when it means that Alcorn won the games off of that matter, what is you saying..

Oh the ref called a TD back that would have given SU the lead that would have given us the W but Alcorn wins by a TD in OT means nothing? lol ok, the mere fact that OT wouldn't have been needed folk, what is you saying

At the end of the day, you have your opinion on the Odums dude cool, but he's beaten you guys 3 times, so I guess his horrible selections on 3rd down and 4th and was it in 2013 we dayum near hung 50 on yall? man I tell you there were some bad decisions he made to hang close to 50 pts on yall, he must be doing something right in beating yall 3 str8 years in a row (2 which sent us to the ship.....step brother)

Can't beat Hopson we'll see is all I got
Oh Lord. SU folks like you really are funny. If ya'll could have put up 50, then ya'll would have.

There are several SU folks who I respect and respect me who agree with me on Odums. The man is a hell of a recruiter and brings talent to the SU table, but his players bail him out of his terrible decisions. So yes, he is doing something right..... Recruiting!

It's fun to watch fans like you parade about beating 2 garbage GSU teams and 1 decent team who no secondary. Enjoy it while it last. It's good to know that you were impressed with your Jags. That's motivating news for us.

1 busted play and 4 busted brains by your DB pulling up anticipating a short slot in/out to play. But anyway, I am glad you Jags are satisfied with your performance.

Oh Lord. SU folks like you really are funny. If ya'll could have put up 50, then ya'll would have.

There are several SU folks who I respect and respect me who agree with me on Odums. The man is a hell of a recruiter and brings talent to the SU table, but his players bail him out of his terrible decisions. So yes, he is doing something right..... Recruiting!

It's fun to watch fans like you parade about beating 2 garbage GSU teams and 1 decent team who no secondary. Enjoy it while it last. It's good to know that you were impressed with your Jags. That's motivating news for us.

We scored 52 points??????

No one on here said they liked that. You look at several games where we had a huge lead, and took the gas of the pedal, letting teams back in the game. That is definitely something coach has to work on, keeping the team focused for the full game so we can finish teams off without having to sweat at the end.

No one on here said they liked that. You look at several games where we had a huge lead, and took the gas of the pedal, letting teams back in the game. That is definitely something coach has to work on, keeping the team focused for the full game so we can finish teams off without having to sweat at the end.
Ive notice Southern is getting better in that area of putting teams away.

WOW.. this makes the second time recently that you have been right. Odums can't coach but also, SU is not nearly as talented as they think they are. Their defense is STILL terrible. It's just that most SWAC offenses were bad last year and covered that up. JSU gave SU to formula to beat Alcorn but at the end of the day, SU did not have the talent that JSU has on defense to get the job done.

Man, you really don't our players do you. So our RB ain't good? Willie Quinn, Menard and Jones are not good WRs? Our QB as true Freshman took us to the SCG but we have no talent? Man put down the weed you are smoking. One thing about Big Worm and his staff. Them mofos can recruit. We got more talent on this team than we have had in many years.

Alcorn's QB can't pass so all you really have to do is shut down the run BUT you also have to have linemen and LBs capable of doing that. Alcorn's o-line is legit!

We finally agree on that. And you got to shut Gibbs down from making plays with his legs.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
You were not talking to me but I think the Big 3.5 (thanks MD) will be in the fight for Houston.

We looking at either:

SU vs Alcorn
SU vs Jackson State
Grambling vs Alcorn
Grambling vs Jackson State

Im personally hoping for JSU vs Grambling.

I am sure you are. LOL.

No, you didn't say that, but bighead seemed to be pretty happy about the Jaguar sidelines in those 3 games.

I understand what you are saying and know you agree with a few of my points.

I am speaking my opinion and could be wrong, but I don't think much of Odums coaching skills. Even when it looked like ya'll were getting ready to beat us down in the Bayou Classic, I told all of my Gramfam to stay put because SU loves to fade and Odums ain't smart enough to change the pace of the game for his team. We ended up making a game out of it and came 1 yard short.

We will see if Odums will prove me wrong this season, but don't be shocked if he runs out of lucky horseshoes.

The most anticipated games for 2015 are as follows...

Alcorn vs Southern Hmmm, there is a thin line between love and hate. Though traditionally a civil rivalry, things could be turning for the worse between the two. Expect a sellout crowd in Baton Rouge on Halloween night. Arrive early....it will be yet another interesting gameday.
The game is scheduled for 4:00 pm until our fans find out lol. They tried that early kickoff time last year until folks found out. It took one day after it was in the paper for them to move it back after our fans flooded the chancellors office complaining.

Im rolling with these

GSU vs BCU(SWAC vs meac) in Robinson Stadium
JSU vs SU(early season match-up)
GSU vs PV(SFC should be a good one this year)
GSU vs JSU(will be interesting to see how both teams are playing coming into this game)
GSU vs Alcorn(its Alcorns Homecoming so they will be extra tough)
JSU vs Valley(Comegy gonna wanna get the win in Itta Bena
GSU vs SU(no explanation needed)
Alcorn vs SU

Hmmm.......This is a really good question and I will give you all my crack shot spot on analysis:

1) Southern U. vs. Grambling
2T) Southern U. vs. Alcorn
2T) Grambling vs. Alcorn
3) Grambling vs. BCU
4) Southern U. vs. JSU
5) Bama State vs. AAMU
6) Alcorn vs. JSU
7)Grambling vs. JSU
8) JSU vs. TNST
9) Bama State vs. Alcorn
10T) JSU vs. Mississippi Valley
10T) PV vs. TXSU

The game is scheduled for 4:00 pm until our fans find out lol. They tried that early kickoff time last year until folks found out. It took one day after it was in the paper for them to move it back after our fans flooded the chancellors office complaining.

Yes indeed… 4:00 won't work lol.

Oh, before I forget.

1. GSU vs SU
(It's time to expose Odums for the glorified recruiter he is. I just hope we ain't wearing our bad luck vs SU Red. LOL)

2. MVSU vs JSU
(Rick Comegy will earn the theme some song "Fly Guy" by Curits Mayfield if he can beat his former kids again. )

3. SU vs JSU
(Old fashion hate)

4. PVAMU vs TSU
(The game that always gives the rest of the SWAC a preview on how to beat both teams.)

5. JSU vs the SWAC
(Love them or hate them, everyone wants to know if JSU won their game.)

Last edited:
Oh, before I forget.

1. GSU vs SU
(It's time to expose Odums for the glorified recruiter he is. I just hole we ain't wearing Red. LOL)

2. MVSU vs JSU
(Rick Comegy will earn the theme some song "Fly Guy" by Curits Mayfield if he can beat his former kids again. )

3. SU vs JSU
(Old fashion hate)

4. PVAMU vs TSU
(The game that always gives the rest of the SWAC a preview on how to beat both teams.)

5. JSU vs the SWAC
(Love them or hate them, everyone wants to know if JSU won their game.)

You hit the nail on the head with #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back