Most anticipated games for the 2015 football season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alcorn Is beatable. Every swac team is beatable. The key to beating alcorn is throwing the ball offensively and making their qb throw more defensively. Its easier said than done lol but they are a juggernaut, I'll give them that. Their coach gambles.... a lot. I still think simmons was a big part of their success. Their defense is pretty decent
They are definitely going to miss Simmons.

I'll disagree

We had Alcorn beat in Mumford for our H.C. but the refs blew a INT or QB fumble TD that would have given us the lead (but that's neither here nor there)
Last year, we just got beat in Lorman, I think we as a team were still finding ourselves, (the Hopson dude out-coached Odums and the players outplayed us
At the SCG (we beat ourselves believe or not) we were down and rallied back, but stop attacking the defense, we had TOs that hurt us and some questionable calls from the officials, coaching on our defense played a part as well, but there was nothing special that game that Alcorn did to beat us...

Just my 2 cents
What I've seen from Alcorn since Hopson been there, the only game that I can (ME) say that they outplayed SU was last year in Alcorn, and that came we were missing key players, but again, that's not something I'm going to stand on...I think this year match-up will tell alot about both teams...

That means nothing!

Jackson State could have won 8 games last season.
Grambling could have won the SWAC championship last season.

Valley could have won 4 games last season.

TSU could have won 6 games last season.

PV was 1 or 2 plays from being a ok team last season.

At the end of the day, do it and prove it. What's been proven is that Odums makes horrible decisions on 3rd and 4th down, and he can't seem to beat Hopson.

Take notes:

U think so? Whos your team?

I do think so. Unlike most folks, history plays apart in my way of thinking and predicting. SU's gameplan is always wrong against Alcorn and Odums' coaching skills are overrated. The SWAC is just not full of good coaches to expose him. You Jags (my much hated step brothers and sisters) know that I am telling the truth although most of ya'll won't admit it outside of your homepage. Lol.

And yes, I am a Grambling man.

Laugh at me if you want, but Valley vs JSU will be good this year

1. You might be right. WHY? Valley always gets up for JSU. Comegy struggled with Valley every year.

But that's the ONLY reason... LOL

2. In all likelihood, you are wrong. JSU has seriously upgraded. We changed our defense at the end of the season and you see the results. Now we have a DC who knows how to run the type of D we want in Jackson. We are in year two and I fully expect the offense to improve from a C- to a B and I expect the defense to improve from an F to a B+. On the other hand, Comegy's OC and DC left. Comegy can't coach so he needs a good OC and DC to win. If you listen to a Comegy interview, you will see he has no idea what happened on the field. He is an administrator.

I found out it's $25 but GT vs everybody else is $75 on up. My gosh. Forget FBS I'm happy with FCS if the tickets start at $75z smh

I get my Tech tickets from stubhub. For the Alcorn game, there should be a lot of good seats on Stubhub because a LOT of Tech season ticket holders live out of state and really just want the Homecoming, UGA, etc.. game tickets that you can pretty much only get with a season ticket. They just sell the rest on stubhub. We made Florida State homecoming so you KNOW that's gonna be a hot ticket and we gonna beat that azz.

I do think so. Unlike most folks, history plays apart in my way of thinking and predicting. SU's gameplan is always wrong against Alcorn and Odums' coaching skills are overrated. The SWAC is just not full of good coaches to expose him. You Jags (my much hated step brothers and sisters) know that I am telling the truth although most of ya'll won't admit it outside of your homepage. Lol.

WOW.. this makes the second time recently that you have been right. Odums can't coach but also, SU is not nearly as talented as they think they are. Their defense is STILL terrible. It's just that most SWAC offenses were bad last year and covered that up. JSU gave SU to formula to beat Alcorn but at the end of the day, SU did not have the talent that JSU has on defense to get the job done.

They are definitely going to miss Simmons.

Im not so sure about that.. but remember, Im the guy who does not know football.. :snicker:

Simmons based his offense on the run first. Kaiss is clueless with a passing offense but if he has 2-3 good RBs and an o-line, he can make some things happen. I think Kaiss's style of offense is a good compliment to what Alcorn's offensive strengths are.

Who goin? Let me guess your pimp Grambling? Kmsl!!

You were not talking to me but I think the Big 3.5 (thanks MD) will be in the fight for Houston.

We looking at either:

SU vs Alcorn
SU vs Jackson State
Grambling vs Alcorn
Grambling vs Jackson State

Im personally hoping for JSU vs Grambling.

Man
WOW.. this makes the second time recently that you have been right. Odums can't coach but also, SU is not nearly as talented as they think they are. Their defense is STILL terrible. It's just that most SWAC offenses were bad last year and covered that up. JSU gave SU to formula to beat Alcorn but at the end of the day, SU did not have the talent that JSU has on defense to get the job done.
Man priceless!!

Man
Man priceless!!
Why does it matter? Let's keep it moving without the smack. The man gave his honest opinion.
Me too

So how you feel about the Chuck and duck offense Grambling ran last season, or the zero cover defense. Oh it works vs Simmons, but anybody with a decent QB and O line will expose your D.

Last edited:
Gram and Jsu crowded the line and forced Alcorn to pass. I blame Odums for at least not trying something different.

Last edited:
I think for me, the most anticipated game will be JSU vs Grambling. We have some very impactful games before GSU but we must start to get that GSU monkey off our backs!

Oh ok Grambling man that explains it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back