WTF!!!! T.I. Arrested Before BET Awards By FBI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everybodys done that one time or another. We should all be locked up den?

Legally yes. I think you all do not understand what Da hill is saying. He is basically saying a small sin ain't no different than a big one which is true. TI was wrong no excuse, but the bottom line is everyone plays a fool sometimes. Sad, but true. No we all got our own opinion which we are entitled too. That is what makes use unique and educated. We don't all think a like.

Some see the glass as being half empty...some see the glass as being half full. Some see Mychael Bell as some hoodlum with a criminal record who beat a white boy senseless.

AAMU Alum is just the type of person who thinks every rapper is a "hoodlum". Alum have you seen ALL the work TI has done with the Bankhead community in Atlanta. How he has built affordable housing in the area for people who could not afford homes.

also...

Community work

T.I. has stepped up his community involvement as well, taking the lead on several initiatives to help the victims devastated by Hurricane Katrina, including personally donating $50,000 to the relief effort while leading an on-air Labor Day pledge drive on Atlanta's V-103 FM that raised over $263,000 for Mississippi rapper David Banner's "Heal the Hood" Foundation. He also partnered with David Banner and Atlanta newcomer Young Jeezy for a two-day food and clothing drive at Atlanta's Club Vision and co-headlined a massive benefit concert on September 17, sharing the bill with heavyweights such as Nelly, OutKast's Big Boi, and David Banner - with 100 percent of the proceeds going to "Heal the Hood."

In addition to his Hurricane Katrina relief efforts, T.I. worked with troubled youths at Paulding Detention Center in Atlanta, provided scholarships for single parent families at Boys and Girls Clubs, and headlined Boost Mobile's RockCorps concert at New York's Radio City Music Hall, which featured such performers as Fat Joe, Slim Thug, and Kanye West, and was held exclusively for community service volunteers. In June 2005, The Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes Foundation, named for the deceased member of multi-platinum female group TLC, and Atlanta's V-103 honored T.I. with the 2005 Lisa Lopes Award for groundbreaking achievements in music and community service which was court ordered. With this steady list of growing accomplishments T.I. is being recognized as the "Jay-Z of the South." according to Pharrell Williams of multi-platinum production team The Neptunes. [7]

but all you want to hear is he is a "rap hoodlum"

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I totally understand, but you are in the minority. I can guarantee that.

You have NEVER got behind the wheel after being "legally" drunk?

Hill, it ain't so much that people (myself included) haven't been in trouble, or gotten in trouble, but moreso learning from your mistakes. If you know that having any kind of gun in your possesion is going to get you back in the slamma, why be stupid enough to go get not one, but several machine guns, including silencers which in itself is illegal to own)? Hell, I wouldn't even buy a dayum Super Soaker, cuz that's cutting it too close.

NICE

I understand what you are saying about the streets and I am not from the gutter, but I have a brother that was in the drug game for a while (starting in high school at age 15). Well he eventually got caught at age 21 served 7 years in Federal Prison, got out on probation and said he will never go back to that life again. He has since gotten his college degree, started his own business and gotten married so yes it can consume you but if you want to get out you can. I have seen it with my own eyes and I talk to him almost every day just to make sure he is doing what he is suppose to be doing. He has been there and done that and after paying lawyers, paying a huge fine and etc he has no where near as much money as TI and some would say not as much to lose, but he chose to leave it behind and never look back. Hell he wanted to kick my azz one day because I let him drive my car and forgot that my pistol was in the arm rest. He may need to be packing, but the law is the law and they don't play about that so as far as I know he doesn't. So if you want to do it you can. It just seems like TI didn't want to. I hate it for him, but he is in a world of trouble and he will definitely serve time for this one.

I am in no way condoning what TI did and I don?t feel sorry for him because in life we must realize the consequences with the choices we put ourselves in, but I will say this. Being from the gutter I understand that the streets don?t change nor forgive you because you make a name for yourself. If anything it gets worst. Once you get so far involved in the streets the street life want let you go it will consume you. If you have never had to live it you will never understand it. The game never changes. Sad but true. If you needed heat to protect you before you blew up, you will need even more when you make it because the hate grows even stronger. That's why I tell kids when I talk to them about life choices who aren't from the real streets that before you get in the game you better realize that if you don't have to live a street life don't do it because only a small percentage will ever walk away from it and not have to look over their back!!!! I wish my lil bankhead homie luck because he is going to need it. Representing that Zone 1 for life ain't nothing changed but the address!!!!

So is T.I. arrested or is T.I.P. arrested? I don't see how anybody can defend his dumb arse.

If you know that having any kind of gun in your possesion is going to get you back in the slamma, why be stupid enough to go get not one,

NICE

thats why I used my example... we KNOW that drinking too much and driving CAN get us a DUI, you would think we wouldnt be "stupid" enough to do it when we KNOW what the consequences could be.

in life we take chances.... sometimes you get caught, sometimes you dont. In my honest opinion, the only thing thats makes TI stupid is that he got caught. If he would have pulled it off, the only thing people would have been saying (if they found out) is that he got alot of guns.

AAMU Alum is just the type of person who thinks every rapper is a "hoodlum". Alum have you seen ALL the work TI has done with the Bankhead community in Atlanta. How he has built affordable housing in the area for people who could not afford homes.

also...

Community work

T.I. has stepped up his community involvement as well, taking the lead on several initiatives to help the victims devastated by Hurricane Katrina, including personally donating $50,000 to the relief effort while leading an on-air Labor Day pledge drive on Atlanta's V-103 FM that raised over $263,000 for Mississippi rapper David Banner's "Heal the Hood" Foundation. He also partnered with David Banner and Atlanta newcomer Young Jeezy for a two-day food and clothing drive at Atlanta's Club Vision and co-headlined a massive benefit concert on September 17, sharing the bill with heavyweights such as Nelly, OutKast's Big Boi, and David Banner - with 100 percent of the proceeds going to "Heal the Hood."

In addition to his Hurricane Katrina relief efforts, T.I. worked with troubled youths at Paulding Detention Center in Atlanta, provided scholarships for single parent families at Boys and Girls Clubs, and headlined Boost Mobile's RockCorps concert at New York's Radio City Music Hall, which featured such performers as Fat Joe, Slim Thug, and Kanye West, and was held exclusively for community service volunteers. In June 2005, The Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes Foundation, named for the deceased member of multi-platinum female group TLC, and Atlanta's V-103 honored T.I. with the 2005 Lisa Lopes Award for groundbreaking achievements in music and community service which was court ordered. With this steady list of growing accomplishments T.I. is being recognized as the "Jay-Z of the South." according to Pharrell Williams of multi-platinum production team The Neptunes. [7]

but all you want to hear is he is a "rap hoodlum"

Where the hell did you read where I said every rapper was a hoodlum? I have noticed that YOU always want to offer excuses for what SOME of them who are hoodlums do, when they get involved in the kind of isht that TI has gotten himself involved.

All of those good works you listed above that he's done go for naught when he then turns and gets involved in purchasing weapons while on probation. It's awfully strange you can talk about my criticism of him, but you have yet to simply say that the situation he's gotten himself into is his own fault of his own doing.

Doing good things for other people, as in the examples you posted above are all well and good. That doesn't mean he should be excused for breaking the law! Since you're singing his praises, perhaps you can tell us why he is JUSTIFIED in having all those damned ILLEGAL weapons, and just what did he intend to do with them.

I don't think anybody has to have lived a perfect life and never did anything wrong to see that TI is all the way wrong/stupid in this instance.

and Dahill, that spill you posted about TI's good works is all the more reason that this mess he's in now can be called stupid.

I don't think anybody has to have lived a perfect life and never did anything wrong to see that TI is all the way wrong/stupid in this instance.

and Dahill, that spill you posted about TI's good works is all the more reason that this mess he's in now can be called stupid.

Now there it is right there!

As long as someone will continue to champion the stupidity of these folks, they will continue to do it.

Again I say, I'm sick of black folks giving ignorance a free pass. I called TI a "hoodlum" because only a hoodlum would have his @ss out purchasing and collecting the kind of weapons he had when they caught him. The only thing he could have been planning with those kinds of guns is some turf war somewhere that would have gotten alot of folks killed. And then, what kinds of excuses would we've heard.

Stop the madness...that's all I ask!

Where the hell did you read where I said every rapper was a hoodlum? I have noticed that YOU always want to offer excuses for what SOME of them who are hoodlums do, when they get involved in the kind of isht that TI has gotten himself involved.

All of those good works you listed above that he's done go for naught when he then turns and gets involved in purchasing weapons while on probation. It's awfully strange you can talk about my criticism of him, but you have yet to simply say that the situation he's gotten himself into is his own fault of his own doing.

Doing good things for other people, as in the examples you posted above are all well and good. That doesn't mean he should be excused for breaking the law! Since you're singing his praises, perhaps you can tell us why he is JUSTIFIED in having all those damned ILLEGAL weapons, and just what did he intend to do with them.

did you read my initial post? I said YES he was wrong, but why sit here and criticize him? Pray for him and wish him well in the future. NOBODY is above the law and no crime is justified. I think anyone and everyone can be rehabilitated.

The same thing happenned with my brother. He stayed in all kinds of trouble. Crack, stealing, weapons, anything u can name. I was the only person who didnt give up on him. Even my moms was through with him. Just about 4 weeks ago, he got killed around the block from my moms house, now everybody want to act like they was always there for him. I cussed out so many FAKE people at the funeral..

point is we as a race have to stick by each other NO MATTER what. Yea TI was wrong, but I see it as a good person making a bad choice.

Now there it is right there!

As long as someone will continue to champion the stupidity of these folks, they will continue to do it.

Again I say, I'm sick of black folks giving ignorance a free pass. I called TI a "hoodlum" because only a hoodlum would have his @ss out purchasing and collecting the kind of weapons he had when they caught him. The only thing he could have been planning with those kinds of guns is some turf war somewhere that would have gotten alot of folks killed. And then, what kinds of excuses would we've heard.

Stop the madness...that's all I ask!

I know people with gun's like these that like to just shoot them.
I can't speculate what his motives were.

I just know he should have known better.:tup:

I have stated on occations, he made a stupid choice/decision.... but who are we to call him a thug/hoodlum when we ALL have made stupid decisions in life. Thats all Im saying.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
but I think the arsenal of weapons TI had accumulated (and in the process of getting even more) amounts to more than "making a bad choice"

Before this, I was a fan of his. A local kid who made it and made it BIG.

Cee,
Isn't he actually from Riverdale and not Bankhead? The folks down there say he is and he has mentioned Riverdale on some of his songs.

You have NEVER got behind the wheel after being "legally" drunk?

Nope. As a kid(young adult), I didn't drink. As an adult, I make better choices. I didn't even drink in college. Drink around KKY?!?!?!?...Hell to the nawlllllllllllllll...:eek: :swink:

*darts outta thread before my LB shows up!* :hat:

As you've mentioned earlier, hopefully this was a wake-up call to T.I. to get it together and not make stupid decisions. You better believe he knew better and what would happen to him if he was caught in possession of firearms.

:lol: @ NICE not even wanting a Super-Soaker.

I'm sorry about the loss of your brother, however, what in hell does one man (TI) need with all those damned guns? :( That goes well beyond just "making a mistake."

That's the problem...too many of our young brothers are losing their lives over that kind of isht! I've had relatives to be gunned down (one at age 18) over the same kind of destructive activity.

You sure as hell don't do anything about it by excusing it.

but I think the arsenal of weapons TI had accumulated (and in the process of getting even more) amounts to more than "making a bad choice"

Before this, I was a fan of his. A local kid who made it and made it BIG.

Cee,
Isn't he actually from Riverdale and not Bankhead? The folks down there say he is and he has mentioned Riverdale on some of his songs.

I don't know about riverdale, but I remember him when he was a shawty hanging up in bankhead courts with some of my lil cousins. He use to hang out with Kilo them sometimes to around Bankhead. I will ask my lil cousins tonight to get the real scoop.

and we wouldnt have half of the Black leaders, preachers, entertainers that we have today.

Like who?

Look, I all for giving a person a second chance. ONE second chance.
If a person continues to do the same dumb **** that is going to get them in trouble and keep them from moving forward then OBVIOUSLY they dont want help.

A person cannot be helped unless that person wants to change. Bottom Line.
So instead of wasting time, move on to the next one b/c there are plenty of folks out there that need help.

Sounds harsh, but daymnit the soft approach that Black folks have been using for the past ??? years hasn't gotten us anywhere but to the bottom of the good polls and the top of the bad ones.

Fugg 'em.

I know people with gun's like these that like to just shoot them.
I can't speculate what his motives were.

I just know he should have known better.:tup:

That maybe correct, but what does anyone (other than a soldier) need machine guns to "just shoot" for?

That fool kid that shot up those folks in the high school in Cleveland last week (before shooting himself) had a gun (or guns) too.

I guess nobody has to wonder anymore what he was gonna do with his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back