Who will be the first coach to go and when?

Who will be the first coach to go and when?

• James Spady

• Monte Coleman

• Tony Hughes

• Rick Comegy

• Michael Haywood

Results are only viewable after voting.
Barlow is not the coach for UAPB. and I wont say why.

How funded is the program? full scholarships? Full coaching staff?

Reggie Barlow is NOT a good fit for UAPB, and there are several reasons why, all of which do not need to be spoken.

We're funded through the State, sponsorships, fundraisers, and donors (these are the means of support that I know of; there may be others). I don't think we've had a full coaching staff for a few years now; I know Coach Coleman was doing both HC & DC at one point. And I don't know if our players are offered full scholarships. I know we were under Hardman and Forte; not sure about Coleman's era.

https://hbcugameday.com/2017/1...connell-maynor-out-at-hampton/

Sources: Connell Maynor out at Hampton
by Steven J. Gaither November 20, 2017
It looks like Hampton will be changing more than conferences.

Connell Maynor will not return to Hampton as its head football coach, sources tell HBCU Gameday. Hampton went 6-5 this season, losing three MEAC games in a row after a 4-0 start before losing three of its last four. HBCU Gameday has reached out to Hampton officials and is awaiting a response.

Reggie Barlow is NOT a good fit for UAPB, and there are several reasons why, all of which do not need to be spoken.

We're funded through the State, sponsorships, fundraisers, and donors (these are the means of support that I know of; there may be others). I don't think we've had a full coaching staff for a few years now; I know Coach Coleman was doing both HC & DC at one point. And I don't know if our players are offered full scholarships. I know we were under Hardman and Forte; not sure about Coleman's era.

In this day and age, you wont win without a full staff and a near max schollys! As an alum, thats the first question you ask when a coach is failing.

In this day and age, you wont win without a full staff and a near max schollys! As an alum, thats the first question you ask when a coach is failing.

TP, that's what I tell folks about Big Worm and the job he has done. He has not had full scholarships since he has been there anticipating the NCAA sanctions that we proposed. We have been -5 scholarships every year. We haven't had the full allotment since Stump first got there and Pete left.

I agree. When Coach Coleman was hired as our HC, he had a full staff. It wasn't until maybe 2011 (not exact on the date) when he let some position coaches go & fill in those slots. And our scholarship woes started in 2015. Every year, my alumni chapter holds an Annual Membership Round Up; our Chancellor, National Alumni
Association President, AD, and Director of Recruitment are in attendance. Coach Coleman provides news/updates/comments on the football program & addresses our questions & concerns. That inept AD of ours gives the state of our athletics.

Further, the UAPB/AM&N National Alumni holds its Annual Summer Conference. Our Chancellor &
NAA President give their State of the University & Alumni Association addresses. Finally, it's given again at homecoming. So our alum do ask & have asked questions. This is how we found out about NCAA APR non-compliance, about the loss of our scholarship allotments, how much $$$ was raised for football/athletics, etc.

Back