Who will be the first coach to go and when?

Who will be the first coach to go and when?

• James Spady

• Monte Coleman

• Tony Hughes

• Rick Comegy

• Michael Haywood

Results are only viewable after voting.

I think Hughes will be back for 2018 as well as much as it might disgust JSU alums I talked to.

I think Coleman will get to coach the final year of his two year deal. If what Lioness said is true and UAPB has their full allotment of schollies, I think they will give him the benefit of the doubt and give him one more year

Don't see TxSU pulling the trigger on Haywood after 2 years. He'll get one more year

Spady is gone. Don't know if it will be Nov. 19, Nov. 20 or the end of December but he is gone

With what I am hearing from Itta Bena, Comegy is done lol. Don't think Briggs would risk losing the football team giving Comegy another year to ride the ship. He has to get his first major hire right with the football coach

Spady will be gone the day after their last game. They not even going to allow him to attend church first.

Hughes should get to coach out his contract and be evaluated after next season. We have to quit all the turnover. No one likes the losing thats going on but the primary ones crying are the ones that wanted Comegy gone.

Spady has been at AAMU for 4 years and hasn't had a winning season. You better believe his nephew will be playing even more if he returns.

If they bring Spady back I promise y'all I'm going to run across the field butt azz naked with my middle finger stuck up at him and the president. Watch what I tell you. Y'all heard it hear first.

If they bring Spady back I promise y'all I'm going to run across the field butt azz naked with my middle finger stuck up at him and the president. Watch what I tell you. Y'all heard it hear first.

You want us to start a GoFund me account now for when you get locked up?

I am glad I do not attend AAMU football games. :eek:LOL!!!! And if AAMU plays TSU here in Houston, I ain't coming.LOL!!

I think Hughes will be back for 2018 as well as much as it might disgust JSU alums I talked to.

I think Coleman will get to coach the final year of his two year deal. If what Lioness said is true and UAPB has their full allotment of schollies, I think they will give him the benefit of the doubt and give him one more year

Don't see TxSU pulling the trigger on Haywood after 2 years. He'll get one more year

Spady is gone. Don't know if it will be Nov. 19, Nov. 20 or the end of December but he is gone

With what I am hearing from Itta Bena, Comegy is done lol. Don't think Briggs would risk losing the football team giving Comegy another year to ride the ship. He has to get his first major hire right with the football coach
What are the actual expectations at Valley when you are not a fully funded program?

What are the actual expectations at Valley when you are not a fully funded program?

I don't bring up when PV was losing and putting out non-scholarship players on the field so I would probably think that PV should be not say anything about fully funded anything (this could apply for a few other schools as well that have been chirping on this)

There is an active fundraiser (halfway to its goal) that will address all of this and more (Valley alums know about it as well as those in the Delta but it has not been pushed much outside of that but it will be soon).

I don't bring up when PV was losing and putting out non-scholarship players on the field so I would probably think that PV should be not say anything about fully funded anything (this could apply for a few other schools as well that have been chirping on this)

There is an active fundraiser (halfway to its goal) that will address all of this and more (Valley alums know about it as well as those in the Delta but it has not been pushed much outside of that but it will be soon).
My brother......I didn't mean for the comment to be taken the wrong way. I was only asking because one of my former coaching colleagues is on the staff currently at Valley, and he is a damn good coach. So I imagine that Valley has other damn good coaches on their staff also. So the question comes in, "What more can these coaches do when they are facing built in challenges that put them at a significant disadvantage?"

I got to PV at the tail end of 0-80, and I learned all about the history of 0-80 and why 0-80 happened. That's why I ask about Valley, because as a coach I know that it is tough to evaluate your performance when you are facing a deck already stacked against you.

Bring Larry Dorsey back. He won with limitations and never got his just due. Even won to the point where presidents thought there were expectations, lol.

I see teams wearing hard hats on the sideline again.

"Dorsey was the head football coach at Mississippi Valley State University in Itta Bena, Mississippi from 1990 to the end of the 1998 season. While at Mississippi Valley State, he accumulated a record of 37–54–3." Wikipedia

Back