Who will be the first coach to go and when?

Who will be the first coach to go and when?

• James Spady

• Monte Coleman

• Tony Hughes

• Rick Comegy

• Michael Haywood

Results are only viewable after voting.
LOL...you don't lose classic in that fashion and just wake up thinking you alright lol

Well, we dont exactly have the most humble people in charge at the top, so that kinda shit tends to roll downhill when you're attached at the hip of the HNIC...

See: Dawgpound

Arkansas Pine Bluff (FCS): Source tells FootballScoop, head coach Monte Coleman will not return. Coach Coleman just completed his 10th season as head coach. The 2012 season was a highlight when his squad won 10 games including the SWAC Championship. Recent years have been a challenge though, only winning a combined 5 games in the last three seasons.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

In recent years, the SWAC has only had two coaches that were hired away from SWAC programs (Broadway and Hopson) , but fired quite a few. I think SWAC programs need to seriously look outside the norm of the type of coaches they hire.

In recent years, the SWAC has only had two coaches that were hired away from SWAC programs (Broadway and Hopson) , but fired quite a few. I think SWAC programs need to seriously look outside the norm of the type of coaches they hire.

Yep but one can argue that at least three of them got a raw deal. The Bama one could argue let one each of their most successful coaches go followed by JSU.

@96lioness @philharmonic and any other Lions. What do you think about the idea of Reggie Barlow as head coach for UAPB

Me personally, I wouldn't want to see him at UAPB. As much as we (UAPB alum on & off the Boards) have moaned, groaned, and complained about Coach Coleman, my biggest concern is that we could possibly end up with another "Cooley-type" coach (one who puts winning over everything else), which (to me) is much worse than Coleman's type. I have horror flashes whenever I consider the possible outcome of some former SWAC coaches (not mentioning any names) coming to UAPB, and have seen first-hand the effects of one who actually did come to UAPB.

But my woman's intuition is giving me a bad vibe about December 31st. I have a really, really surreal feeling that we haven't seen the last of Coleman.

Valley made it official - At the end of the day slick Rick Comegy probably wished he had stayed at Tuskegee instead of making that journey to Mississippi.

Valley made it official - At the end of the day slick Rick Comegy probably wished he had stayed at Tuskegee instead of making that journey to Mississippi.
Comegy had one of the longest tenures at one school during his time at JSU. Then he got four more years at Valley. That's more than a decade of decent paychecks.

Reactions: JR

Between JSU and Valley, he's vetted into the MS system averaging over $150,000 a year for 12 years (after over 25 years in Bama). Even if he moves back to Bama, he won't be struggling financially

Arkansas Pine Bluff (FCS): Source tells FootballScoop, head coach Monte Coleman will not return. Coach Coleman just completed his 10th season as head coach. The 2012 season was a highlight when his squad won 10 games including the SWAC Championship. Recent years have been a challenge though, only winning a combined 5 games in the last three seasons.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

With all due respect, my love bucket, I'll believe that only if it comes from Coach Coleman himself.

IMO I think Barlow could do some things at UAPB...he will find the talent

I too believe Coach Barlow could "do some things at UAPB". There are A LOT of former head coaches in the SWAC that could do a lot for our football program. BUT AT WHAT RISK? I don't EVER want to see a repeat or resemblance of what Cooley did to us! I'm tired of seeing us struggle like this, but it's better than going through NCAA death penalties, financial ruin, and/or unnecessary lawsuits!

With all due respect, my love bucket, I'll believe that only if it comes from Coach Coleman himself.

I too believe Coach Barlow could "do some things at UAPB". There are A LOT of former head coaches in the SWAC that could do a lot for our football program. BUT AT WHAT RISK? I don't EVER want to see a repeat or resemblance of what Cooley did to us! I'm tired of seeing us struggle like this, but it's better than going through NCAA death penalties, financial ruin, and/or unnecessary lawsuits!

Barlow is not the coach for UAPB. and I wont say why.

How funded is the program? full scholarships? Full coaching staff?

Back