Votes: 21 34.4%
  • Dowell Taylor

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: JSU New Marching Band Director

I think Ms Sanders would be Great for the job but I know that if the MONEY is not Right then she may not come. Thats a reason why alot of the SWAC assistants leave the SWAC due to PAY!@!

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
And that person selected will bring back the "Big Band Sound" that was lost during the Liddell era.

You sure?

Cuz, the current Boom seem to've taken a liking to the "go for what you know" mentality and sound. It's brought them more attention.

Last edited:

Sanders should make that move!

Ms. Stephanie Sanders, Assistant Professor of Music (Woodwinds), is the Assistant Band Director (Spartan Legion Marching Band) and Director of the Jazz Ensemble. She has held the following positions: Assistant Director of Bands Alcorn State University (Alcorn State, MS); Director of Jazz Ensemble Prairie View A&M University (Prairie View, TX); Assistant Band Director MacArthur High School (Houston, TX); Proprietor and Director Private Lesson Studio: Bassoon, Flute and Saxophone Greater Houston Area (Houston Independent School District and Fort Bend Independent School District), Houston, TX. Ms. Sanders is a concert bassoonist and jazz saxophonist. Her Education is a follows: Bachelor of Music Education, Jackson State University-Jackson, MS; Master of Music in Applied Music- Bassoon, University of Houston- Houston, TX; Further Study, Regent University Virginia Beach, VA; Currently a DMA student at Shenandoah Conservatory of Music ? Winchester, VA. Her performing history includes: Virginia Beach Symphony, Tidewater Winds, Musical Arts League of Natchez, Ms, P.S.D. Jazz Trio, Scott Joplin Symphony Orchestra, University of Houston Symphony Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble, University of Houston- Downtown Civic Jazz Orchestra, Brazos Valley Symphony, Harry Shepherd Jazz Ensemble, Mississippi Metropolitan Chamber Orchestra. She has performed with the following artist: Slide Hampton, Andrew White, Billy Harper, Donald Byrd, Marvin Stamn, Kirk Whalum, Tony Campise, Norman Brown, Jennifer Holiday, Calvin Owens, and Victor Wooten just to name a few. Her professional affiliations are as follows: Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., American Federation of Musicians Local No. 60-699, American Federation of Musicians Local No. 125, Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development, College Band Directors National Association, International Association of Jazz Educators, Kappa Kappa Psi National Honorary Band Fraternity Inc., Mississippi Bandmasters Association, Mississippi Music Educators Association, Music Educators National Conference, Phi Delta Kappa Fraternity, Southwestern Athletic Conference Band Directors, Tau Beta Sigma National Honorary Band Sorority, Inc., Texas Black Music Educators Association and Texas Music Educators National Conference, Virginia Music Educators Association.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=109734567

Last edited:

Ms. Stephanie Sanders, Assistant Professor of Music (Woodwinds), is the Assistant Band Director (Spartan Legion Marching Band) and Director of the Jazz Ensemble. She has held the following positions: Assistant Director of Bands Alcorn State University (Alcorn State, MS); Director of Jazz Ensemble Prairie View A&M University (Prairie View, TX); Assistant Band Director MacArthur High School (Houston, TX); Proprietor and Director Private Lesson Studio: Bassoon, Flute and Saxophone Greater Houston Area (Houston Independent School District and Fort Bend Independent School District), Houston, TX. Ms. Sanders is a concert bassoonist and jazz saxophonist. Her Education is a follows: Bachelor of Music Education, Jackson State University-Jackson, MS; Master of Music in Applied Music- Bassoon, University of Houston- Houston, TX; Further Study, Regent University Virginia Beach, VA; Currently a DMA student at Shenandoah Conservatory of Music ? Winchester, VA. Her performing history includes: Virginia Beach Symphony, Tidewater Winds, Musical Arts League of Natchez, Ms, P.S.D. Jazz Trio, Scott Joplin Symphony Orchestra, University of Houston Symphony Orchestra and Jazz Ensemble, University of Houston- Downtown Civic Jazz Orchestra, Brazos Valley Symphony, Harry Shepherd Jazz Ensemble, Mississippi Metropolitan Chamber Orchestra. She has performed with the following artist: Slide Hampton, Andrew White, Billy Harper, Donald Byrd, Marvin Stamn, Kirk Whalum, Tony Campise, Norman Brown, Jennifer Holiday, Calvin Owens, and Victor Wooten just to name a few. Her professional affiliations are as follows: Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., American Federation of Musicians Local No. 60-699, American Federation of Musicians Local No. 125, Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development, College Band Directors National Association, International Association of Jazz Educators, Kappa Kappa Psi National Honorary Band Fraternity Inc., Mississippi Bandmasters Association, Mississippi Music Educators Association, Music Educators National Conference, Phi Delta Kappa Fraternity, Southwestern Athletic Conference Band Directors, Tau Beta Sigma National Honorary Band Sorority, Inc., Texas Black Music Educators Association and Texas Music Educators National Conference, Virginia Music Educators Association.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=109734567

Wow!!!

Rumor has it that Dr. Isaac Greggs might be interviewed. I would love it if he came to JSU.

Now that would be VERY:lol::lol::lol::lol: FUNNY!!
Bring back LIDDELL, :clap::clap::clap:eek:r James INSTEAD!!!

JSU 2009 STARTS SOON, GET YOUR TICKETS!!!

Rumor has it that Dr. Isaac Greggs might be interviewed. I would love it if he came to JSU.

Knowing Doc he'd probably put all of ya'll uniforms in a pile and piss on it. Then walk out, light a cigarette, then say it's gon be alright!!!

Knowing Doc he'd probably put all of ya'll uniforms in a pile and piss on it. Then walk out, light a cigarette, then say it's gon be alright!!!

Knowing Doc he would Try and pull that SUcka (PIMP) shyt... :pimp:
(stealing money) and get his black azz kicked back to the swamps with that Cigarette between them crusty azz lips! :lol:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Why is the clock ticking?

The clock is ticking because the Director of Bands will go to someone with a PhD. If Stephanie Sanders OR Dowell Taylor are to be considered for the job, they are going to have to have that degree to decorate the wall. Magruder already has his.

That job will not be vacant for more that one school year. THAT is why the clock is ticking.

And that person selected will bring back the "Big Band Sound" that was lost during the Liddell era.

JSU - Piece Of My Love 1990

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fUaF5Hg3hCA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fUaF5Hg3hCA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Murry went to Callaway? Dang we are everywhere. LOL. Was he before our time at Callaway or after?

He seems to be a cool cat. He was talking to us before the game when I saw you and Fred in BR in 07. He took the Jaycettes to our Band Room to change. I think our Band Director and him are cool.

BTW,
Thanks for the PM bruh.

I was in the band with Murray at Callaway, graduated C/O '89.

JSU - Piece Of My Love 1990

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fUaF5Hg3hCA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fUaF5Hg3hCA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

How you going to look for an example of the Big Band sound and pick Guy's a Piece of My Love:lol:. Do we know what Big Band is? My people. :D

How you going to look for an example of the Big Band sound and pick Guy's a Piece of My Love:lol:. Do we know what Big Band is? My people. :D

You didn't have the trumpets screaming and hanging over, yeah that sound like "Big Band Sound" sound to me. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back