• Dowell Taylor

Votes: 7 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: JSU New Marching Band Director

:retard:
Man, they don't pay some football coaches in the MEAC or SWAC that kind of cash. I doubt he makes that much money at WSSU. Those coaches would stage a mutiny.

I do know those schools up there do pay more on average for their band director jobs than the SWAC do as a whole.

As far as what Liddell made:

Aint no way I believe JSU paid Doc Liddell no 30k, he made more than that at Provine in the 80s lol........so I will assume he meant Magruder got a 30 K raise or he got 30 K more than Liddell to take the WSSU job.

I do remember Taylor saying the pay was not what he thought it should be when he had the job but somehow I thought the bruhs said they brought Liddell in for more money than they paid Taylor since had his Doctorate and I know Taylor was making more than 30K back in the 80s.

Players where you at man?

Homeboy SOP83........what is the scoop bruh?

Anyway I hope Doc enjoys his retirement. He deserves it.

I got you JR! I will send you a PM

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Crit,

You KNOW how I feel about this... LOL

....and that dude is from ASU. They loved Ms. Sanders when she was at Alcorn. They credit her for the success of the band in 1999. I do think she would make a great assistant at JSU though.

He is not from Alcorn. I don't know what ASU he is from, but he is not from Alcorn, I repeat.

Murry is from Alcorn by way of Callaway.

Murry went to Callaway? Dang we are everywhere. LOL. Was he before our time at Callaway or after?

He seems to be a cool cat. He was talking to us before the game when I saw you and Fred in BR in 07. He took the Jaycettes to our Band Room to change. I think our Band Director and him are cool.

BTW,
Thanks for the PM bruh.

Murry is from Alcorn by way of Callaway.

If you had read the above posts, you would have seen that we were talking about the poster that's named ASU. That's who I was referring to. I know Renaldo Murray is from Alcorn because we marched some of the same years at Alcorn. I was there when he was a student conductor and arranger.

Good luck with the search JSU. I know that the powers that be will make their selection based on the best interest of the program. I cant say the same if it was my school. The band is last on the totem pole unfortunately.

I know I'm gone get cussed out for saying this; but I'm not feelin' the female band director thingy. Dont do it JSU lol

"Snake"

:kaioken::kaioken:

...I'm sorry soror, but it something about it that dont "look right". lol

Ain saying a female caint do the job; but some things should stay the way they are IMO. Just like I think I'll die if I ever saw a female Drum Major for Southern band doing the backbend. :lol:

"Snake"

Just like I think I'll die if I ever saw a female Drum Major for Southern band doing the backbend. :lol:

"Snake"

Won't be no more looking for WMD's. They'll all be on SU campus, pointed at the bandroom's front door.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Are you SUre. I remember seeing in the Advocate Greggs was making $125,000.

Yeah I think you are right. Doc was making 80 back when we were there. LOL.

The black man was getting a nice salary at SU.

...I'm sorry soror, but it something about it that dont "look right". lol

Ain saying a female caint do the job; but some things should stay the way they are IMO. Just like I think I'll die if I ever saw a female Drum Major for Southern band doing the backbend. :lol:
"Snake"

:lecture:
So would I frat. I had to get used to seeing women in the Juke........:lol:

Still aint used to it. But it is what it is.

I even was shocked when I saw a female DM at JSU.....but my homegirl did hold her own. Just another C'way product.:D

I got to change the title of this thread........

I was coming in here to see who was chosen only to see it be a wish list.

Are you SUre. I remember seeing in the Advocate Greggs was making $125,000.

Yeah I think you are right. Doc was making 80 back when we were there. LOL.

The black man was getting a nice salary at SU.

Naw..unless he got that in his last few years as head ban director.. which I doubt.. I know about the other figure.. I would have to PM that info.. Although I think JR already know about the multiple positions Doc held at one time...lol

Naw..unless he got that in his last few years as head ban director.. which I doubt.. I know about the other figure.. I would have to PM that info..
Im postive thats what he got. Go look it up in the advocate. The Foundation might have been SUpplementing his salary. He might have got 80,000 from the school, and the rest from the Foundation.

Murry is the Current Interim, do you think he'd leave JSU someone else is offered the job?

Murry does not have a Ph.D., he will not be selected as JSU’s band permanent band director. I doubt he will leave JSU, there are not that many band director positions out there.

Last edited:
Hepefully the person selected as JSU's next Director of Bands can bring alumni together when it comes to the band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back