What is the MEAC fascination with going to the Div. I-AA playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheReporter said:
The SWAC has an amazing fan following for the I-AA level. You cannot tell me that your conference schools would not be attractive non-conference opponents for several I-A schools. So, why don't they get the games? If the playoffs help as little as everyone thinks, why don't the SWAC teams, which draw more to single games than some other I-AA schools draw in a season, get games with the big schools?

You will see this change so much because of the attendance that we do carry, those 1A schools that can't get their attendance for their own school will begin to depend on what we can bring. It is already rumored that Uni of Houston is trying to lure a Swac school as a opponent next year to help with their attendance average. They had to sell tickets for $5 and give t-shirts and free food away to get enough folks to come to their last game of the season to get their average for this year. So how many other D1A schools will be looking our way to get their average up.

We're not 0-fer against SFA PNeck. I'll have to recheck my srcs when I get home. We did beat them once in the 80s. It was a 'cherished' victory. :rolleyes:

Let me get back to you on that.

Panthro said:
We're not 0-fer against SFA PNeck. I'll have to recheck my srcs when I get home. We did beat them once in the 80s. It was a 'cherished' victory. :rolleyes:

Let me get back to you on that.

These are the wins I have for PV in the 80s:

1980: 2 (Texas Lutheran, UAPB)
1981: 2 (Texas Lutheran, MVSU)
1982: 1 (Bishop)
1983: 0
1984: 0
1985: 1 (Sam Houston St.)
1986: 1 (Grambling)
1987: 1 (MVSU)
1988: 4 (TxSo, SU, UAPB, MVSU)
1989: 1: (MVSU)

OK, I'm finished using examples, since they're focused on more than the actual question.

Here's the question: Why do SWAC schools not get the games with BCS schools and others do? The conference has a better attendance average than any other I-AA conference. So, what are these other I-AA schools doing different?

Fiyah said:
You will see this change so much because of the attendance that we do carry, those 1A schools that can't get their attendance for their own school will begin to depend on what we can bring. It is already rumored that Uni of Houston is trying to lure a Swac school as a opponent next year to help with their attendance average. They had to sell tickets for $5 and give t-shirts and free food away to get enough folks to come to their last game of the season to get their average for this year. So how many other D1A schools will be looking our way to get their average up.

Grambling's game against St. Jose State & Southern's two games against Tulane was partly consummated for attendance help for those two D-1A programs.

TheReporter said:
OK, I'm finished using examples, since they're focused on more than the actual question.

Here's the question: Why do SWAC schools not get the games with BCS schools and others do? The conference has a better attendance average than any other I-AA conference. So, what are these other I-AA schools doing different?

I do not beleive BCS teams are interested in having a SWAC school or any other 1-AA program consistently bringing down their power rating. Further, I don't believe SWAC football coaches are interested in prostituting the program and risk the health of their student athletes for an exploitation payday.

RALPH, You have some stake in it. The swac does not percipate in the playoffs so why are you trying to promotte the 1aa title game on a swac site? WE sre not involved at all. I know teh pimps have instructed you to get as many hookers eerrrrr i mean folks in the seats in sad azz chatapimpanooga as possible to fatten their pocket and not the 2 schools involved in the game.
Just get teh money right and teh swac some day may entertain this crap you are try to sell. 1AA TITLE GAME COMES ESPN2 OR ESPN. I cannot name any other oen of the pwc games that come on national tv besides cstv. Y'all know what you are trying to do by trying to suck us hbcu's into the same mess you are in. Again i say sell those crap tcikets soemwhere else. The highest 1aa game :xeye: When did the bc stop operating or the florida clasic or magic city classic or stte fair classic stop existing. Nobody outside of the two teams 5k each fanbase will there to see that shat. Until the playoffs get the payout right for all schools and these home games or handed evenly over time you will never see the swac in it. As soon as the meac gets thier head together you may not see them either no more. GIVE ME A BREAK !!!!!!! Why would i as a ad let my hbcu go to cougar, maine and having to pay foro travel and everything else to only get 5% of the gate and while the pimps get 75% of the gate and my school cannot sell nay merchandise at the game at all. YOU CRAZY AS HELL AND THE MEAC IS CRAZY TOO!!!!!!!!! Y'ALL AINT'T THAT DAYUM HIGH NOW !!!!!!! DAYUM COME ON NOW!!!!!!!!!1 IF YOU THIK YOU CAN CONTINUE TO TRY TO DRESS THIS TURD UP CALLED THE NCAA PLAYOFFS LIKE SOME GREAT THING YOU ARE SERIOUSLY WRONG. PWC'S HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE SYSTEM YOU AND OTHERS LOVE SO MUCH , YOU THINK I WILL SEND MY HBCU TO A SYSSTEM WHERE FOLKS ALREADY DISLIKE IT AND COMPLAINING ABOUT IT. GET THE ARTICLE SOMOEN ON DELAWARE AND MCNEESE ASAP!!!!!!!!!

1AA ALL THE WAY MY AZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!
MORE LIKE PWC ALL THE WAY COMING FROM YOU RALPH!!!!!!!!

KEEP YOUR PIMP PLAYOFFS AND YOUR RING AND YOUR 75% GATE

I'LL TAKE MY SWAC TITLE AND RING AND MONEY AND EXPOSURE ON TV THE WHOLE SEASON AND NOT ONE CHAMPIONSIP GAME ON ESPN 2 OR ESPN .

KEEP SELLING THOSE TICKETS RALPH AND OTHERS I AM SURE WE HAVE SOME CRAZY FOLKS WHO WILL BUY YOUR BULLSHAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hat: :hat: :hat:

STC_60 said:
RALPH, You have some stake in it. ... I know teh pimps have instructed you ... Why would i as a ad let my hbcu go to cougar, maine and having to pay foro travel and everything else ... 1AA ALL THE WAY MY AZZ!!!!!!!!!!!! MORE LIKE PWC ALL THE WAY COMING FROM YOU RALPH!!!!!!!! ... I'LL TAKE MY SWAC TITLE AND RING AND MONEY AND EXPOSURE ON TV THE WHOLE SEASON AND NOT ONE CHAMPIONSIP GAME ON ESPN 2 OR ESPN . ...
My oh mu, you are an angry one. Smacking me around on the discussion board and no moderator in sight? :shame:

You should get your facts straight and I'll help you out.
1. I have absolutely no stake whatsoever in the NCAA or the Championship. I receive no money at all from anything related to I-AA.
2. I don't work with the NCAA on anything.
3. Playoff teams do not pay for travel expenses.
4. I support all I-AA without any of the racial garbage you spew.
5. The playoff quarterfinals through the national championship game are on ESPN2 or ESPN gameplan. The opening round had one game on ESPN2 and one on CSTV.

There, now don't you feel better knowing the facts?

STC

Did you misplace your prozac again?

Jeeez.

If you have EVER taken a look at I-AA.org, you would see that they do a better job of shining a favorable light on our programs than pretty much any one else has - including some folks that are "our own."

The 2004 Football Preview Issue alone was a showcase for our programs with in-depth SWAC, MEAC, and Independent pieces plus features on:

*FAMU's woes

*a great history of BCF

*and Bruce Eugence gracing the front and back covers along with a slew of other noteworthy players from around the country.

In fact, the FIRST person that called me after PV beat TxSU in the Labor Day Classic was Ralph because he wanted to run that story hot not only for the site but also for broadcast television. I-AA.org respects BCF enough to know that PV winning on the same day that GSU and SU lost is a rare occurence that deserved attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back