Well the annual meac rumors are cranking up again

My humble opinion here, these schools can run to the bigger more funded conferences if the want. They are going to get their feelings hurt when they have no say in the new conference they go to.

Last edited:

My humble opinion here, these schools can run to the bigger more funded conferences if the want. They are going to get their feelings hurt when they have know say in the new conference they go to.

The devil you know vs. the devil you don't know ...

Nope, just because you have to schedule conference schools as out of conference games don't mean everyone else has to.

JSU does not have to schedule conference games.. we choose to. The difference between JSU and some others is that people want to come out to see JSU and the BOOM. #caseclosed.

We never should have left 9 games to begin with!

The devil you know vs. the devil you don't know ...
Think about it, when they go to the conference meetings, who are they going to be comfortable with in those meetings. Whose going to be a partner with them in helping the brand of Hampton. Hampton had great MEAC partners that were in the same battle with them. ESPN showed more MEAC games than Big South games over the years. I looked for Monmouth this year because we have guys who play for Monmouth, couldn't find one game for the Big South. The MEAC was on ESPN on a regular basis. Wish them Well ,but in my honest opinion they should have stayed with their brothers.

You lose your history and traditional rivalries and fans for what to make a quick buck. I bet the majority of the fans at Hampton do not want to go to those Big South games with no style and substance for games. No more HBCU homecomings for Hampton fans. They will see it very soon! See if it flies with their faithful.

JSU does not have to schedule conference games.. we choose to. The difference between JSU and some others is that people want to come out to see JSU and the BOOM. #caseclosed.

We never should have left 9 games to begin with!

Y'all never had to find more than 1 game to schedule and now you can't find 3 and have to do want y'all did this season.

The happy medium would be 8 games but that's another fight for the new commissioner to handle.

Y'all never had to find more than 1 game to schedule and now you can't find 3 and have to do want y'all did this season.

The happy medium would be 8 games but that's another fight for the new commissioner to handle.

The 7 game conference format is good. Schools just have to make it work for them. This leaves room for good guarantee games that can help improve programs if the money is put back into the athletic departments. Each ad has to develop the contacts with major schools to make sure his program has access to these games every year.

P.S. SWAC schools need to stop this trend of undercutting other schools for these games.

I agree with you

You lose your history and traditional rivalries and fans for what to make a quick buck. I bet the majority of the fans at Hampton do not want to go to those Big South games with no style and substance for games. No more HBCU homecomings for Hampton fans. They will see it very soon! See if it flies with their faithful.

My humble opinion here, these schools can run to the bigger more funded conferences if the want. They are going to get their feelings hurt when they have no say in the new conference they go to.

AAMU ran to the SWAC and still has no say on major decisions LOL

To be fair, Hampton fans haven't been going to MEAC Football games very much lately, home OR away.

Will Hampton have a deal like Tennessee St that allows them to play games outside the conference? I think TNSU plays a schedule of OOC games and don't have to play the full Ohio Valley schedule or something like that.

Will Hampton have a deal like Tennessee St that allows them to play games outside the conference? I think TNSU plays a schedule of OOC games and don't have to play the full Ohio Valley schedule or something like that.

There's no need for a deal like that as all big south teams will have up to 5 OOC games to fill.

Tennessee State plays a full OVC schedule

Tennessee State plays a full OVC schedule
They must have just started. A few years ago Jacksonville St coach was on the news station here and in the Alabama newspaper complaining about the special schedule Tennessee St gets. It all started because we refused to play Jacksonville St and they tried to get the OVC not to allow TNSU to play us.

Think about it, when they go to the conference meetings, who are they going to be comfortable with in those meetings. Whose going to be a partner with them in helping the brand of Hampton. Hampton had great MEAC partners that were in the same battle with them. ESPN showed more MEAC games than Big South games over the years. I looked for Monmouth this year because we have guys who play for Monmouth, couldn't find one game for the Big South. The MEAC was on ESPN on a regular basis. Wish them Well ,but in my honest opinion they should have stayed with their brothers.
Maybe Kennesaw State. Didn't their AD come from FAMU?

Back