Well the annual meac rumors are cranking up again

bluedog

"Leader of Kings"
Supposedly Hamptons going to make a big announcement tomorrow that they're joining the Big South Conference

It’s true, this time. Dr. Harvey and his AD notified their Athletic Staff of the move and will have a press conference about it.

It’s true, this time. Dr. Harvey and his AD notified their Athletic Staff of the move and will have a press conference about it.

If it is true let it be on record 11/15/2017 that bluedog noted this is exactly what happen to the heritage bowl. The meac schools forsaking their commitment.

While one schools movement isn't the end all, it surely is eerily reminisce of what cause the end to the heritage bowl. Blacks folks chasing after what white folks control even though they have more and could have the best of both worlds.

Last edited:
I'd be curious to know the travel costs difference between MEAC & Big South for Hampton.
That's just it, I don't think there is much of a difference now that Kennesaw State and North Alabama are going to be members. I guess we will have to wait and hear what will be said during the press conference.

If it works out, good for them. But by me being familiar with Black folks in Virginia, I'm sure they will blame Black folks if it doesn't work out, which they should rightfully do. But the Black folks they should blame will stare them in the mirror everyday. Someone in another thread tried to say TnSt was an uppity HBCU. Hampton is the real uppity HBCU. They are like a bunch of delusional Whitney Gilbert of 'A Different World'. Completely out of touch with the world they live in.

Last edited:
Maybe it's the lure of what's perceived to be better. I wish them luck. Is there data that shows Tenn State has realized financial gains and infrastructure improvements since their transition to the OVC?

As someone said on the other board, with North Alabama and Monmouth in the Big South this makes no sense.

Of course some of the others are praising the move and wish their schools could do the same

If they could convince Virginia State to move up, this move would be a wash

540x960.jpeg.0bfc65524b69486ca35fe23a3262f3f1.large

So they really won't save much on travel with the trips to Kennesaw, GA and Florence, AL for all sports and to New Jersey as well for football against Monmouth.

With Hampton leaving and Savannah State moving back down to D2, that means the MEAC will be down to nine football-playing members.

Back