Well the annual meac rumors are cranking up again

I was speaking specifically about football games.

And that's specifically why I posted the link. Judging by results, basketball seems to be more of a priority at Hampton these days than football. Not sure why they would even be concerned about the Celebration Bowl. I know that makes some of us sore and tender, but football is damn near an afterthought at Hampton these days.

They'll be in the same basketball conference with Winthrop, UNC Ashville, and Liberty. All 3 won 20+ games last year. Big South has a higher RPI and Winthrop was a 13th seed in the tournament last year. Their women just upset the UNC Tar Heels too.

That's just my viewpoint based on how this all played out.

Look, let's not get into petty side arguments. With that said, don't be fooled into thinking that football has NOTHING to do with this. I'm not speculating. Last I checked, the MEAC is the HIGHEST revenue conference competing at the FCS level. The Big South doesn't come anywhere close to that.

This move is about EGO, because it sure as hell isn't about the bottom line.

Look, let's not get into petty side arguments. With that said, don't be fooled into thinking that football has NOTHING to do with this. I'm not speculating. Last I checked, the MEAC is the HIGHEST revenue conference competing at the FCS level. The Big South doesn't come anywhere close to that.

Exactly

When is the last time Hampton won sniffed a MEAC title in football?

You all are looking at this from the perspective of football schools. I guarantee you they are not.

The point is, because I'm not as smart as you I tend to just use the common sense God gave me. If you can't say that about your own schools. Why in the world would I put any credibility into you saying this about a school you have no knowledge at all about?

Oh well... Let Dr. Harvey Dr. Harvey.

The point is, because I'm not as smart as you I tend to just use the common sense God gave me. If you can't say that about your own schools. Why in the world would I put any credibility into you saying this about a school you have no knowledge at all about?

Its just an opinion based on results and the lay of the land. Stop trying to argue with everybody

Don't let this conversation distract from the fact the Big South is hanging on by a thread because of all the movement

Its just an opinion based on results and the lay of the land. Stop trying to argue with everybody

You simply don't like to be challenge and just say any old thing as if it's a fact. Now you're saying it's just an opinion. Who ever heard of anybody guarantee an opinion?

This a win for them because they will have a lot of Championships other then in Baseball, Golf, Tennis and Soccer. They win the Football Championship next year and will get a auto into the playoffs, they just have to be Kennasaw State which cant be that hard.

This a win for them because they will have a lot of Championships other then in Baseball, Golf, Tennis and Soccer. They win the Football Championship next year and will get a auto into the playoffs, they just have to be Kennasaw State which cant be that hard.

They said the same thing about TNSU. Every year they are preordained the bcf ND and is going to win the OVC.

Man I just checked Hampton’s attendance history for the last twelve years, and they may very well be doing it for cost cutting.

They never once even hit the top 30 in attendance, and only once hit the 10k range. Usually hanging around 4-5k.

upload_2017-11-16_19-25-19.png

You simply don't like to be challenge and just say any old thing as if it's a fact. Now you're saying it's just an opinion. Who ever heard of anybody guarantee an opinion?

No, I don't mind being challenged so long as the challengee has a full understanding of what he or she is challenging. YOU simply don't like being told when your fetish for flawed arguments is unbecoming. You also don't like being told when you are wrong. You have willfully displayed your hind end on this forum for many, many years and seem to thoroughly enjoy your role as the village imbecile. You are unrepentantly argumentative to the point that you argue points that others aren't even trying to make.

Please slap yourself.

No, I don't mind being challenged so long as the challengee has a full understanding of what he or she is challenging. YOU simply don't like being told when your fetish for flawed arguments is unbecoming. You also don't like being told when you are wrong. You have willfully displayed your hind end on this forum for many, many years and seem to thoroughly enjoy your role as the village imbecile. You are unrepentantly argumentative to the point that you argue points that others aren't even trying to make.

Please slap yourself.

Dude you guaranteed an opinion. I stand by my statement

From 2012 ...

Hampton again seeking CAA affiliation?

Might the Colonial Athletic Association respond to the loss of a member located in Hampton Roads by considering another university from the same area?

Hampton University has belonged to the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference since 1995. HU president William R. Harvey in the past expressed interest in the CAA, which is losing state schools Virginia Commonwealth University (in July) and Old Dominion University (in 2013).

Harvey, HU's president since 1978, approached the CAA about membership when the Pirates elevated to Division I in the mid-1990s. The CAA opted not to invite HU then, or when the league expanded to include Towson, Delaware, Drexel and Hofstra for 2001-02.

http://www.richmond.com/sports/hamp...cle_ccd6387e-eeea-5f83-9d97-32b2fa9b12ad.html

And that's specifically why I posted the link. Judging by results, basketball seems to be more of a priority at Hampton these days than football. Not sure why they would even be concerned about the Celebration Bowl. I know that makes some of us sore and tender, but football is damn near an afterthought at Hampton these days.

They'll be in the same basketball conference with Winthrop, UNC Ashville, and Liberty. All 3 won 20+ games last year. Big South has a higher RPI and Winthrop was a 13th seed in the tournament last year. Their women just upset the UNC Tar Heels too.

That's just my viewpoint based on how this all played out.
Still another 1 bid conference that hasn't ever won a non-playin game.

Back