Was this racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for clarification purposes here...why is it a bad thing that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are speaking up/out for these young women?

Next, they will resort to calling us this again.

200px-1900s_SM_Coon_Coon_Coon.jpg

People said it right here on TSPN, but Kenn nipped that shat in the bud....:read:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
What people and told what?

Do you need a spokesperson to speak on your behalf NOW!

Black people. Their are still black people who think King should have kept his mouth shut and those who dis-credit the man for everything he has done. Those people.

Just for clarification purposes here...why is it a bad thing that Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are speaking up/out for these young women?

It's not bad, just not always warranted because WE can now speak up for OURSELVES without fear of being reprimanded, unlike the past.

People said it right here on TSPN, but Kenn nipped that shat in the bud....:read:

"Hey, I can talk about my family all I like, but you try to call them the names I use and see what happens." I think that someone else already made that statement on here.

That's what I'm trying to figure out W. Jessie and Al might both have their problems, but they have put their lives on the line for black people when know one else cared. That's what everyone seems to forget. I bet you the same ones dogging them wouldn't put their lives on the line for anyone for a cause.

For one, lots of individuals including some of our own believe they are career protestors and, for two, some believe that some of their past statements discredit them for being able to speak out against this subject in particular since they have made statements against Jews and the like.

I believe that is an excuse to get the attention off the real subject.

It's not bad, just not always warranted because WE can now speak up for OURSELVES without fear of being reprimanded, unlike the past.
ok, I can understand that, but if they felt the need to step in, on the girls behalf, why are so many of us hating on them for it? If they hadn't have said a word, then I can bet my right leg that someone would have questioned where they were, and why aren't they addressing this issue.

I can't believe I haven't seen anyone mention the NAACP yet.

That's what I'm trying to figure out W. Jessie and Al might both have their problems, but they have put their lives on the line for black people when know one else cared. That's what everyone seems to forget. I bet you the same ones dogging them wouldn't put their lives on the line for anyone for a cause.
I see you and I think alike, when it comes to this race issue.

I just don't get black folks ALWAYS dogging out other black folks when they attempt to do something right/good.

We're talking about now. Not during that era.

Has his life been threatened for this? :rolleyes:

Warndalyn......I personally don't dislike Al nor Jesse and are grateful for what they have done...I just don't think they should always be present during a situation that might entail race. These are capable women who will be here long after Al/Jesse are long gone. Let these women step to the forefront and handle this.

We're talking about now. Not during that era.

Has his life been threatened for this? :rolleyes:

Warndalyn......I personally don't dislike Al nor Jesse and are grateful for what they have done...I just don't think they should always be present during a situation that might entail race. These are capable women who will be here long after Al/Jesse are long gone. Let these women step to the forefront and handle this.
We'll just have to agree to disagree on this issue, SLT...I respect your comments but I fail to see the issue in this one.

I don't think Al/Jesse are stopping the young women from voicing their opinions about the issue, I just believe they felt a need to step in and voice their own, while attempting to take a stand on this race issue. To be honest with you, if they don't, who will? I don't know too many others in our race that have the balls to speak up, on these types of issues.

Another thing is that most of these rap guys are only relating to what goes on in the streets. Whether you guys want to admit the black race is separated by classes unlike any other race. You have your upper class blacks that don?t even associate with anything that they feel is black or would label them as being black. They made it out on affirmative action and could care less if it stays or goes. You have your middle class blacks that are first generation removed from the slums and they don?t even think about reaching back to help those they just left because they are only concerned about themselves. Then you have the lower class who is either A.) Trying to make it out by working hard or B.) Those who love being stuck where they are at and want try to leave. When these rappers said in their songs ?Don?t trust a big butt and smile? they are only relating to what?s going on around them. Was that statement correct, well yes and no but that doesn?t make it right. They made that statement because of the 1000?s of young black men that got set up and robbed or killed because they only saw a pretty face. Let?s stop trying to justify others wrong doing and start trying to look at what got us to the point where we are. Sad to say but most of you really don?t care about anyone but yourselves!!!

Does your first sentence include the Ying Yang twins?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
We'll just have to agree to disagree on this issue, SLT...I respect your comments but I fail to see the issue in this one.

I don't think Al/Jesse are stopping the young women from voicing their opinions about the issue, I just believe they felt a need to step in and voice their own, while attempting to take a stand on this race issue.

:D :wavey:

I think we're agreeing but disagreeing without being disagreeable...:confused:
Is that a word? :what:

Does that make sense?!?!? :xeye:

People told Dr. King and Malcom that also, but it didn't stop them.

MLK and Malcolm were also allowed to freely speak their mind, whether people liked it or not.
Al and Jessie are not the ones to be leading this charge.

Like I said before, only God knows what was in this man's heart and mind when he made those comments. God should be the one to judge him.

They've shown themselves to be racists time and time again.
By them participating as much as they are, it's making a mockery of the entire scenario.
How can the pot call the kettle black?

:D :wavey:

I think we're agreeing but disagreeing without being disagreeable...:confused:
Is that a word? :what:

Does that make sense?!?!? :xeye:
I guess you can tell this is a really passionate subject for me...I don't take this kind of thing lightly.

This very issue is the reason why I feel the way I do about whites and blacks.

MLK and Malcolm were also allowed to freely speak their mind, whether people liked it or not.
Al and Jessie are not the ones to be leading this charge.

Like I said before, only God knows what was in this man's heart and mind when he made those comments. God should be the one to judge him.

By them participating as much as they are, it's making a mockery of the entire scenario.

One word. Passive my friend.

Yes. Answer this have you ever done or said the samething they have? Get my point. We all relate to our surroundings.

Point taken! So its okay for some young male to emulate them because of the surroundings their being raised in? No, I don't go around making money singing I'ma beat that puzzy up.

Anyone who promotes race must be a racist, then huh? How are they making a mockery of the situation?

I guess you can tell this is a really passionate subject for me...I don't take this kind of thing lightly.

This very issue is the reason why I feel the way I do about whites and blacks.

I agree, and I'm a firm believer in making a statement sometimes without saying a word......;)

That was well noted when Blacks stop taking the buses in Alabama and shut down the bus sytem.....:tup:

Those are the statements that speak VOLUMES! Oh now, our race can do some damage when we want to! :nod:

We need to go back to some of those things RIGHT NOW!

Point taken! So its okay for some young male to emulate them because of the surroundings their being raised in? No, I don't go around making money singing I'ma beat that puzzy up.

Emulate? No...but if your son (if you had one) decided to go out and tell a woman he wants to beat it up would you blame them or yourself for not teaching him better?

(damn I have made comments like that but I can't blame my mama for that...I knew better)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back