Urban Meyer has some questions to answer

It looks like the university is doing the right thing with him - they put him on leave and are doing an investigation. 

I don't hold Meyer responsible even if he knew. The ex wife went back to her husband after he beat her ass and finally she came to her senses and left.

I could see Kelly leaving ND for OSU because he has been crying about their academic standards for a couple of years now so I could see him hopping on the first thing smoking out of South Bend

Reactions: JR
Or offer Stoops a massive contract to come out of his one year retirement. Didn't he just move back to Ohio?

Yeah Stoops is like Tressel. Their families are intertwined within Ohio Football in that state. Stoops is from Youngstown.

Stoops not coaching again. He voluntarily left a cushy job that would have allowed him to coach until he didn’t want to anymore.

I would not bet on it. Sometimes you just at one place too long. Would not shock me if Stoops took the Ohio State job if offered. He is from an Ohio blueblood coaching family like Jim Tressel is.

I read somewhere that the coach’s dad or grandfather had given Urban a gig back in the day, which would explain his loyalty to him.

Earle Bruce was the Head Coach of Ohio State after Woody Hayes. He ironically hired a young Urban Meyer to his first assistant job and hired Nick Saban to that same staff. LOL. Cris Carter was playing there then. Earle Bruce was Zach Smith's Grandfather and Urban called him his mentor.

Didn’t Ohio pass a Sandusky law too? Depending on how the law is written, Urban not informing authorities of the abuse might be fire able under law.

The law was informed before Urban. LOL. That's the point folks are making.

I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if the state did. Even without it, there are already statutes in place that make reporting mandatory. It kind of boggles the mind that Meyer at best looked the other way for this dude for the better part of a decade, considering he was widely considered to be a pretty subpar WR coach.

He was a good recruiter though. That is for sure.

OK, that's what I thought. Can Urban survive this in the #MeToo era?

Probably not. And why did the Powell Ohio police not make it newsworthy. I guess since Urban knew that Zach Smith and wife were divorced. He probably figured what else can happen. Well that fool violated the protective order against him when he dropped the kids off back the ex's house. That's when Urban fired Zach in early July. Maybe the ex is pissed off because now her money will stop coming.

Stoops not coaching again. He voluntarily left a cushy job that would have allowed him to coach until he didn’t want to anymore.

I agree with J.R. on this one. He was at OU a lonnnng time. Sometimes its's just time to "get up outta there" I .OSU would be just as cushy for him. I think the odds are that he won't coach again but I wouldn't be surprised if they go after him if Urban is booted.

Stoops will be 58 next month. He's not going to start over again at that. Especially coming into THAT situation at Ohio State.

If he knew, he has a responsibility.

On my job, its my responsibility to say something if I see anything like that.

Dude has a clause in his contract that says he can be fired for cause for failing to report incidents of abuse to the school, including “violations during employment of Coach at Ohio State or any other institution of higher learning.”

Like, folks expect that to be ignored?

Last edited:
Reactions: EB
Stoops will be 58 next month. He's not going to start over again at that. Especially coming into THAT situation at Ohio State.

Man, what situation? That aint a bad situation to walk in with them top recruiting classes Urban has hauled in. LOL. It would be cake for Stoops. LOL. I see you really don't know Ohio State. It aint nothing to start over. Aint like they are on probation or anything. And when is 58 OLD? You don't start over at schools like Ohio State. You walk in and have everything at your disposal.

If he knew, he has a responsibility.

On my job, its my responsibility to say something if I see anything like that.

But he didn't see it happen. They can only get him for saying he didn't know about the incident and then lied about knowing and didn't fire ole boy back in 2015. My thing is this, why is that ex wife comfortable telling all the Coaches wives but not pressing charges against dude. Then you divorce him and why didn't SHE go to Urban herself. Something aint right here. I think she wanted ole boy to keep his job for her child support. Just as long as he left her alone. But the idiot violated the protective order against him and then Urban fired him. What will be interesting is, what if Urban's wife says she never told Urban about it. Then what?

James Franklin is about to run the Big 10 anyway....

Nah. Until he gets the consistent recruits Ohio State does. It will be tight on him. But he has made them relevant again. But he aint going to run the Big Ten.

I doubt it. He doesn't have that running back anymore.
Michigan State will be back in it this year.

Speaking of Michigan State. Notice how they didn't succumb to the pressure of firing Dantonio and Izzo after all that scandal stuff with the Doctor and other complaints.

Speaking of Michigan State. Notice how they didn't succumb to the pressure of firing Dantonio and Izzo after all that scandal stuff with the Doctor and other complaints.
They aren't replaceable. They kept out of the spotlight and let things die down.
Meyer answered a reporter's question and drew more attention to himself. That wasn't too smart.

They aren't replaceable. They kept out of the spotlight and let things die down.
Meyer answered a reporter's question and drew more attention to himself. That wasn't too smart.
Izzo's situation was much worse though. It actually involved student-athletes.

Nah. Until he gets the consistent recruits Ohio State does. It will be tight on him. But he has made them relevant again. But he aint going to run the Big Ten.
Let's see how he does without Saquan Barkley. I still have yet to see Penn State play national caliber defense.

Saban was 55 when he "started over" at Alabama. And going to Ohio State with all of that talent and unlimited money and resources is an excellent situation. This has nothing to do with the players so the situation is actually great.

Back