Urban Meyer has some questions to answer

Saban was 55 when he "started over" at Alabama. And going to Ohio State with all of that talent and unlimited money and resources is an excellent situation. This has nothing to do with the players so the situation is actually great.

Did Saban step away from coaching at any point like Stoops has done? That’s the difference here.

Last edited:

Stoops has stepped away for only 1 season just like Urban did when he left Florida.

Urban wasn’t 17-18 years in the game as a head coach like Stoops was. It was reported this week that Stoops had thought about retiring in 2014. And before he retired at the end of the 2016 season, folks close to him said he had been wanting to give up it.

Stoops doesn’t come off as one of those coaches who is maniacal with chasing the next challenge or going somewhere else to prove anything. Everything I’ve read and heard is that he’s content with not coaching. Although you never really know, I just don’t believe he’s coming back — even for Ohio State.

I know 45 is creeping into everyones lives, but make an excuse for him is just wrong. I want the process to play out, if he knew he should / will be fired. If not, those who accused him owe him a MAJOR apology and should be sued by him.

Saban was 55 when he "started over" at Alabama. And going to Ohio State with all of that talent and unlimited money and resources is an excellent situation. This has nothing to do with the players so the situation is actually great.

Yep, it's practically the PERFECT situation for Stoops if he wants it. He's already home and you know they'd break the bank for him.

Dude has a clause in his contract that says he can be fired for cause for failing to report incidents of abuse to the school, including “violations during employment of Coach at Ohio State or any other institution of higher learning.”

Like, folks expect that to be ignored?
It was reported to the police.

Probably not. And why did the Powell Ohio police not make it newsworthy. I guess since Urban knew that Zach Smith and wife were divorced. He probably figured what else can happen. Well that fool violated the protective order against him when he dropped the kids off back the ex's house. That's when Urban fired Zach in early July. Maybe the ex is pissed off because now her money will stop coming.

I really believe there is more to this story. So Urban fires the guy and then the info went public?

He just might be done over this. Wrong time to be getting caught up in a scandal involving women.

There are also grumblings from alums/supporters to get rid of Gene Smith too (AD). There are quite a few on a head-hunt and they want Gene out as well as Meyer.

$$$$$ talks, at this level.

Last edited:
There are also grumblings from alums/supporters to get rid of Gene Smith too (AD). There quite a few on a head-hunt and they want Gene out as well as Meyer.

$$$$$ talks, at this level.

Well that will be interesting. I haven’t heard the Urban fire cry from the power alums. But Gene has some haters, but after this basketball hire, he redeemed himself. So unless he knew. He may be gone. Easier to replace the AD than Urban. Ohio State may be culpable. Zach Smith is Earle Bruce grandson. Maybe some promises were made.

Well that will be interesting. I haven’t heard the Urban fire cry from the power alums. But Gene has some haters, but after this basketball hire, he redeemed himself. So unless he knew. He may be gone. Easier to replace the AD than Urban. Ohio State may be culpable. Zach Smith is Earle Bruce grandson. Maybe some promises were made.
Guess that would explain why it was so hard for Urban to let him go.

Listening to McMurphy explain the process of how he reported this story is amazing. He said he cross examined the hell out of Courtney Smith before posting the piece on Facebook.

Bret said he was willing to listen to what she had to say, but on the condition that she had to be truthful because he was going to do his own fact-checking to corroborate her claims.

If Urban keeps his job......maybe some of these guilty by association witch hunts may cease.....

If Urban keeps his job......maybe some of these guilty by association witch hunts may cease.....

Hell Michigan State already let Izzo and Dantonio keep their jobs and they had players that were in trouble for sexual abuse allegations to pile on to the Olympic Doctor scandal. So at least one school has already said no more.

Hell Michigan State already let Izzo and Dantonio keep their jobs and they had players that were in trouble for sexual abuse allegations to pile on to the Olympic Doctor scandal. So at least one school has already said no more.
Uhhh, this is Ohio State's burden, not Michigan State's.

Uhhh, this is Ohio State's burden, not Michigan State's.

Actually Michigan State's stuff was way worse when you are covering up players who are abusing co-eds. If I am Ohio State, I stand my ground. Mofos hate them anyway. So it aint no burden. Either they keep him or they don't.

Just saying, folks wanted Michigan State to fire their best coaches in their history in Izzo and Dantonio and they said NO. Fired the President instead. LOL.

For OSU to suspend him the same week that the Team began practices for the fall football season tells me that Urban is done! No way would they have taken such steps if they had any intentions on keeping him as the HC. Has to be more to the story than what's been leaked, because OSU loves Meyer and must have felt that what he done/knew was too inappropriate to just let it slide.

Dude has a pretty crappy history even outside of this that I didn't know about until this story broke. The story about how he treated the players while he was at Florida was some bs. Dude had a player whose calf muscles exploded due to extensive workouts and he encouraged the team to ridicule players with injuries to get them to come back sooner than they should've. Now I see why he faked his health situation to get up out of there.. didnt seem like the players were too fond of him. Considering the brain injuries that the autopsy showed Aaron Hernandez having and the fact that he played under Meyer at Florida... really makes ya wonder. Allegedly, his staff would downplay injuries to players. Don't know if it's true or not but dude seems like a piece of garbage.

For OSU to suspend him the same week that the Team began practices for the fall football season tells me that Urban is done! No way would they have taken such steps if they had any intentions on keeping him as the HC. Has to be more to the story than what's been leaked, because OSU loves Meyer and must have felt that what he done/knew was too inappropriate to just let it slide.

Actually the fact they are dragging it out makes me think they are getting a story together to sell the public. LOL. Or they are getting another Coach lined up.

Dude has a pretty crappy history even outside of this that I didn't know about until this story broke. The story about how he treated the players while he was at Florida was some bs. Dude had a player whose calf muscles exploded due to extensive workouts and he encouraged the team to ridicule players with injuries to get them to come back sooner than they should've. Now I see why he faked his health situation to get up out of there.. didnt seem like the players were too fond of him. Considering the brain injuries that the autopsy showed Aaron Hernandez having and the fact that he played under Meyer at Florida... really makes ya wonder. Allegedly, his staff would downplay injuries to players. Don't know if it's true or not but dude seems like a piece of garbage.

Nah, that aint the reason he left Florida. Florida still has issues with players off the field and had them with coaches after he left. A lot of Florida's issues are with their boosters who have too much say so. Urban was still pissed at how they made him take John Brantley to replace Tebow eventually and kicked Cam Newton out of school when they kept all them other cats who did worse than Cam like Hernandez and company. It was personal to Urban. Brantley who was verbally committed to Texas was the son of a former Florida QB and nephew of former Florida LB. Them necks could not see him playing at Texas over coming to Florida and made Urban sign him. Urban thought he was set with Cam. Urban aint had a white starting QB since he left Florida. LOL. There were other things also brewing at Florida too. But the main thing was them Boosters.

@JR are you all going to consider Les Miles if the powers decide to let UM go? He is a B1G guy you know...lol

Back