Urban Meyer has some questions to answer

So people want him fired or something??? Something else has to be going on.

Last edited:
How Brett hasn’t been scooped up yet by the Athletic or somebody is remarkable. He’s doing all of this on Facebook.

Of course they want him fired. LOL. But yet the same folks voted for 45. Oh well. The machine at Ohio State aint going to stop. Other schools should worry if Urban does not come back from Administrative leave. Their coach will be a target. I can see Kelly from Notre Dame being the first one targeted.

Of course they want him fired. LOL. But yet the same folks voted for 45. Oh well. The machine at Ohio State aint going to stop. Other schools should worry if Urban does not come back from Administrative leave. Their coach will be a target. I can see Kelly from Notre Dame being the first one targeted.
That's all Urban has to say. "If yall voted for trump, what's the big deal?"

Heck, trump was said to have raped his ex-wife, raped a 13 year old, peed on women, groped and fondled women's privates, physically assaulted women, yet many of these same folks put an X by his name on the ballot.
They shouldn't even be saying one damn peep about this.
That goes for any woman or man who voted for that man.

How Brett hasn’t been scooped up yet by the Athletic or somebody is remarkable. He’s doing all of this on Facebook.

My understanding is that he's still getting paid from his ESPN deal. He'll definitely have his pick of suitors when that runs out.

If he lied about knowing that his assistant coach was abusing his wife and then kept said person employed for another three years (while also having direct knowledge of a prior incident in 2009), that would very well be a fireable offense. Those multimillion-dollar deals have moral clauses just for this sort of thing. There could also be some Title IX implications, which McMurphy alluded to in his post.

It would be surprising if they fired him over this. He may be given a reprimand or a few games suspended but firing? Highly doubtful.

He will be alright. Honestly, he should've fired him in 2009. If a man is beating on wife. We will see, how tough, he is after fighting a real man.

Now, I will never understand, how a man can beat a woman, and lay back down with her in the bed.

She could in your sleep...
1. Shoot you.
2. Pour hot grease on you.
3. Chop your manhood off.
4. Stab you.
5. Poison your food.

You better think, before you put your hands on her.

If he lied about knowing that his assistant coach was abusing his wife and then kept said person employed for another three years (while also having direct knowledge of a prior incident in 2009), that would very well be a fireable offense. Those multimillion-dollar deals have moral clauses just for this sort of thing. There could also be some Title IX implications, which McMurphy alluded to in his post.

Didn’t Ohio pass a Sandusky law too? Depending on how the law is written, Urban not informing authorities of the abuse might be fire able under law.

Last edited:
I was listening to 790 The Ticket out of Miami when I heard about this, and they talked about this story for the rest of the hour (the 4-7 program).

I was wondering who if anyone outside of the coaches knew about this. I do not expect anyone like the A.D. Gene Smith to take any bullets for Meyer. I would not be surprised if Meyer is eventually out at Ohio State.

----------

From an ESPN article

She did not press charges in 2009. Zach Smith was investigated in 2015 for suspicion of felony domestic violence after an incident that resulted in unspecified injuries and showed evidence of sustained abuse. In the Powell, Ohio, police report regarding that incident, Courtney Smith said she had been a victim of habitual domestic abuse. Cleveland.com on Wednesday identified nine reports from Powell police involving domestic disputes between the couple from 2012 to 2018.

Didn’t Ohio pass a Sandusky law too? Depending on how the law is written, Urban not informing authorities of the abuse might be fire able under law.

I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if the state did. Even without it, there are already statutes in place that make reporting mandatory. It kind of boggles the mind that Meyer at best looked the other way for this dude for the better part of a decade, considering he was widely considered to be a pretty subpar WR coach.

I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me if the state did. Even without it, there are already statutes in place that make reporting mandatory. It kind of boggles the mind that Meyer at best looked the other way for this dude for the better part of a decade, considering he was widely considered to be a pretty subpar WR coach.
The next question should be what does the subpar coach have on Meyer?

Last edited:
I read somewhere that the coach’s dad or grandfather had given Urban a gig back in the day, which would explain his loyalty to him.

Earle Bruce, Zach Smith's grandfather, was the coach at Ohio State in the mid-80s. He gave Urban Meyer his first coaching job in 1986, and continued to be a mentor to Meyer until Bruce died in April 2018.

Or offer Stoops a massive contract to come out of his one year retirement. Didn't he just move back to Ohio?

Reactions: JR
Back