Tyler Perry's "For Colored Girls" Trailer

All I know is DR. GSUAKA93 is beautiful. She is truly a good looking woman. Man I would spend all my lil loot going to the movies with her, might not pay attention to the movie, but I would be broke and happy just being there with her. :lol:

Man she taken...SMH
She also makes pretty babies..LOL She got two of the prettiest daughters this side of the Mason Dixon line...Man if I had a couple son's they would be headed down to Loosiana ...LOL

The DR. Is A+ in my book...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Man she taken...SMH
She also makes pretty babies..LOL She got two of the prettiest daughters this side of the Mason Dixon line...Man if I had a couple son's they would be headed down to Loosiana ...LOL

The DR. Is A+ in my book...

:kiss: And you've got some beautiful little "heartbreakers" yourself! Especially that youngest lil angel of yours! She is absolutely adorable!
Tony said:
drgsulady See what you started
its the black woman fault lol

:lol: Why are we so serious in here?

Wait! Y'all don't take this banter seriously????? or do you?

i know i dont; but i guess when the norm is guys telling other guys that they are beautiful instead of guys telling women, you get those types of responses. lol

but uhh drgsulady if u ever want a divorce and need a shoulder to cry on. hit me up on facebook lol

Uh drgsulady,

If I was to guess, I think these thirsty hyenas here
would swallow you whole....lmao!!!!!
:confused: Nah..... Seriously? Nah.....

i know i dont; but i guess when the norm is guys telling other guys that they are beautiful instead of guys telling women, you get those types of responses. lol

but uhh drgsulady if u ever want a divorce and need a shoulder to cry on. hit me up on facebook lol

:lol: Watch out dere nah!

I finally redbox'd this movie last night. I was delightfully pleased. I didn't get offended, as I normally would, when I think a bash-the-black-man session is occurring.

I think this previous quote sums up my feelings about the movie,

DRGSUAKA said:
To me this movie was less about the men and more about women and how we deal with our own desires, insecurities, bad decisions, quest for love, flight from hurt to eventually discovering our true worth and beauty that is inside of us etc.

IMO, women of color have a lot to deal w/ when it comes to men of color and those men of non-color. Black men are not a monolithic bunch, especially today w/ the unbounded freedoms of of promoted-self, and we're not "married" to women of color anymore, as we historically were, so in that regard, we should be treated as singleton personalities. We're all not the same age, have the same background, same experiences, same goals (regarding females), same ideologies, et al. 20 years ago this very minute, I had a goal to tag every fine female I saw. Fast forward 20 yrs later, today, when I see a beautiful female, I tell them how beautiful they are (physically), not because I seek to get between their legs but moreso because I admire beautiful things and have graduated to a point of verbalizing my admiration instead of internalizing the admiration. 20 yrs ago, I wouldn've thought of purchasing a female ANY type of flower out of respect and admiration, today, @ a whims notice (a few weeks prior), I dropped a nice flower arrangement to this one anglo elder lady (60ish or so) charged w/ caring of my post offc box/mail who looked sooooooooo despondent like she'd been mentally beaten through life, and I can tell she's a hard-working lady. Amidst her tears, I told her I did it because it was my small way of saying "thanks" for looking out for my best interests and caring. (my chex/business stuff goes there and I've yet to have anything disappear lol) :)

Speaking of Tyler Perry.....How do you all feel about this?

I read the poem For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf and I have to say I enjoyed it and was extremely moved. It is actually a personal movitator on the level of literature like The Autobiography of Malcolm X and Rick Warren's The Purpose Driven Life to me. Yet, when I saw the movie I was down right damn depressed. It was a good movie but I could only watch it once.

What are your thoughts?

Re: Speaking of Tyler Perry.....How do you all feel about this?

Never watched it. Prob never will.

Re: Speaking of Tyler Perry.....How do you all feel about this?

baby go into the Media room...that was discussed a year ago...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back