Tyler Perry's "For Colored Girls" Trailer

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I give him props on attempting this venture. This storyline is very untraditional for him based on his passed projects. I'm glad he stepped outside of his comfort zone and tried something more radical. My comments are based on the fact that I saw this play back in '89 when I was at JSU. I started a couple threads about the play and the movie months ago but I'm not saying nothing. :lol:

Last edited:
I really love this choreopoem and have the book and one of the original Broadway performances (with Lynn Whitfield and Alfre Woodward) on DVD. I bought it for my daughters....I'm anxious to see Mr. Perry's interpretation :tup:
I give him props on attempting this venture. This storyline is very untraditional for him based on his passed projects. I'm glad he stepped outside of his comfort zone and tried something more radical. My comments are based on the fact that I saw this play back in '89 when I was at JSU. I started acouple threads about the play and the movie months ago but I'm not saying nothing. :lol:

Looking forward to it.
What a great cast!!! Glad to see Whoopi back on the big screen.

So is this another darkskin mistreats the black woman and she's saved by the lightskin knight movie? Or is there actually a different storyline this time?

The TP Hate is right on schedule. smh damn shame

I just want to see my wife Janet in the movie. That short hair got her lookin Halle Berrrrrrrrry like

LOL @ its hate when numerous people have pointed out the obvious repetition in his plots... including critics. I guess it'd be hate if I said I dont like his shuckin and jivin madea plays either huh?

why would he stray from a formula that works?? the main theme he has in his movies are God and faith and thats a bad thing?? smh. yet yall yuck it up when will ferrell is doing the dumbest things in his movies

why would he stray from a formula that works?? the main theme he has in his movies are God and faith and thats a bad thing?? smh. yet yall yuck it up when will ferrell is doing the dumbest things in his movies
:clap::clap: Well put!!..Looks interesting..can't wait to check it out

Hold up, TP got light skinned bias in his movies? I never paid attention. I need to be more attentive.

LOL @ its hate when numerous people have pointed out the obvious repetition in his plots... including critics. I guess it'd be hate if I said I dont like his shuckin and jivin madea plays either huh?

Now you know you can't have your own opinion when it comes to Tyler Perry!!! LMAO

Pops

Idris Ilba, Derek Luke, Malik Yoba, Michael jai White, Lamman Rucker were protrayed to be good men and all of them are black as a muthafukka or damn near black. i just dont understand how can u be mad at a black man for putting good black actors in movies when aint nobody else putting them in movies.

his formula aint broke so why change

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

Using the same formula is a great strategy for making money, which Tyler Perry is in the business of doing. It just doesn't make for quality work.

Now you know you can't have your own opinion when it comes to Tyler Perry!!! LMAO

Man black folk have put Tyler Perry second on their "to defend" list behind their preacher and in front of their momma... smh. I'm sorry but most of dudes work is the same old tune and whoever said why change when its working obviously is doing nothing more than making excuses for it. Why do ANY directors change the plots behind their movies? lol.. because uh... they're different movies?

Boom,
I am not a big TP fan. If you guys give it good reviews, I will prob redbox it. I still havent seen why did I get married 2. I may check that out Friday night.

I give him props on attempting this venture. This storyline is very untraditional for him based on his passed projects. I'm glad he stepped outside of his comfort zone and tried something more radical. My comments are based on the fact that I saw this play back in '89 when I was at JSU. I started acouple threads about the play and the movie months ago but I'm not saying nothing. :lol:

Ntozake Shange was a professor at PV back when I was on the yard in the 90s and I remember the play being presented. I never attended any of the shows so I don't know if the screen adaptation will be true to the original. Knowing Tyler, I'm sure there will be alot of melodrama, overacting, and plot holes. I'd like to hear Shange's take on the movie version.

Looks like a chick flick...I'll pass...

And Why did I get married 2...SMH

He went lighter this time and got the Rock to save Janet after she pretty much killed Malek Joba...SMH

Tyler do you man. I'm just not on the train with you...LOL

Last edited:
Back