The Wire Season 5 Trailer & Official Thread

"True", "True", "False"....I am rolling on the floor....:lmao:

Had that fool duct taped to a copy machine.

"True" "True" "False".
I thought his boy sold him out for some McDonalds.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I wish no one would have Merged MY thread. :mad:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: The Wire season 5 now on the net

But didn't they show Mike walkin out from the dark as the shooter?

See that's what I thought. I gave my Season 4 to a Soror so she can catch up but I really thought Michael killed Bodie.

Anyhoo, I'm on the net trying to remember who the fugg the Russian is/was. I looked him up...now I remember.

Barksdaleeeeeee's Baaaccckkk!!!

I love The Wire!!

Well...the first episode was excellent and picks right up (a year later) from where they left off.

I don't think I need to say this, but I will anyway...for those of you who have access to advanced copies of season 5...please do no share them on this thread. Some of us actually look foward to waiting until Sunday night to watch the show.

They should have called this episode "Read My Lips" because of old girl cursing about being on the front page with her fine mature lookin' azz.

:lol:

Oh I like her.
She has an agenda popping.
But is she in bed with Clay Davis or is she running a solo gambit?

You see my boy Avon running schit like its supposed to be run. Chris got sloppy.

Oh I like her.

You see my boy Avon running schit like its supposed to be run. Chris got sloppy.

Wasn't that a beautiful thing to see Avon treating Marlo like a b@tch. You gots to come through me. First time I've seen Marlo lookin' stoopid. It was a beautiful thing.

'The Wire,' Crackling With Heat

The Wire,' Crackling With Heat
Washington Post

THE PLOT In its fifth season, "The Wire" incorporates the media's role into the narrative. From left, actors Clark Johnson, Brandon Young, Michelle Paress and Tom McCarthy (as ambitious reporter Scott Templeton) play journalists at an endangered Baltimore newspaper.

Set and shot in Baltimore -- although at least one civic leader reportedly had concerns about the show -- "The Wire" started out being mostly about drug traffic in the city, especially the most squalid and impoverished parts of it. But over the years, "The Wire" has grandly expanded in scope. Now it's about everything -- or everything that's likely to have gone wrong in a big American city of the 21st century. Thus another of its accomplishments, one that can be stated simply: It succeeds strikingly at getting what's wrong just right.

"The Wire" is a gruelingly edgy combination of complexity and clarity, written and acted to the highest standards of the best TV drama. It's not just good, it's passionately good; the implicit dedication of those before and behind the cameras makes the show immediate and compelling and a potential modern classic as well -- a show very much of its time and yet in many ways timeless.

For those who live in Washington and its suburbs, "The Wire" has always seemed literally close to home -- its microcosmic Baltimore just up I-95 -- and in the final season, it gets closer. Series creator and executive producer David Simon makes "the media" one of the major narrative arenas this time, of particular interest to a media-mad town such as D.C. Even as those engaged in law enforcement find themselves hampered by insufficient resources and dwindling funds, so are the big-city dailies -- in "The Wire's" case, the Baltimore Sun -- facing a scary new age of economic crisis and technological change that really is rife with life-or-death issues.

Read

Oh I like her.

I was sleepy but I didn't see Avon nowhere. Was he on there in the first 2 minutes before the "Lie Detector" Test?

Who did Bubbles speak to in the Alley?

Episode 1 was disappointing but that was expected. The season never gets good until they build up the new plot. How many times can you shut down "Major Crimes"? :smh:

I was sleepy but I didn't see Avon nowhere. Was he on there in the first 2 minutes before the "Lie Detector" Test?

Who did Bubbles speak to in the Alley?

Episode 1 was disappointing but that was expected. The season never gets good until they build up the new plot. How many times can you shut down "Major Crimes"? :smh:

Avon was in the previews for the "next" episode(s). Bubbles just spoke to an old crack head buddy. All they said was "hello" and kept it moving.

LOl, yeah "Major Crimes" gets shut down each season.
I wish McNulty hadn't started back drinking/whoring. :(

Drinking and whoring is what McNulty is best at.
He hated that he had to go back to Rawls' office. He made that Rookie get out of his office.

Bubble's sister told that bama he had leave when she aint there. I cant blame her. Sister just trying to have a microwave in the house when she come back.

Yall know "Major Crimes" will be back.
Where Butchie & Omar at?

Drinking and whoring is what McNulty is best at.
He hated that he had to go back to Rawls' office. He made that Rookie get out of his office.

Bubble's sister told that bama he had leave when she aint there. I cant blame her. Sister just trying to have a microwave in the house when she come back.

Yall know "Major Crimes" will be back.
Where Butchie & Omar at?

is the guy that plays "Omar" gay in real life?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

See that's what I thought. I gave my Season 4 to a Soror so she can catch up but I really thought Michael killed Bodie.

I love The Wire!!

It was O-Dawg that killed Bodie. O-Dawg is the dude in Season 4 that gave Bodie the package from Marlo and said something like "don't be messing with Marlo's money." He was also with Michael and Monk when Monk shot Cutty in the leg. He was probably in training just like Mike was. I'm not sure but I would think we will probably see his character more during this season.....

Anyways...one observation I have about the first episode for this season is Prop Joe and Marlo....... The minute that Marlo began to challenge Joe back in Season 4, Prop Joe should have had all eyes on Marlo. Slim Charles has tried to warn him many times....:smh:....Seems like Prop Joe's strength is also his weakness. He schemed to get Marlo into the co-op for money and for some reason he seems to be underestimating Marlo's ambition or is blinded by all the money that Marlo is bringing in.....

Episode 1 put the whole season out there and what they were going to do. How did you miss all of what they did in this episode?

Also...Major Crimes really wasn't it's own unit until last season. They were always a special detail put together to go after certain people.

I messed around and recorded Episode 1 in Spanish. It's a good thing I watched it.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Check out these prequels on this page about Young Prop Joe, Bunk & McNulty and Young Omar.

http://www.amazon.com/Wire-Complete-Third-Season/dp/B000FTCLSU/ref=imdbpov_dvd_3

For those with HBO on Demand. The 2nd episode is already out. Things are starting to heat up a little. Peace! :uzi:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CaL625HYx_o&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CaL625HYx_o&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

They should have called this episode "Read My Lips" because of old girl cursing about being on the front page with her fine mature lookin' azz.

Now that was funny.
As soon as that window rolled up she saw the front page of the newspaper.

Ole girl was cussing up a storm. :lol:

Back