The Wire- Season 3 (September 19th)

BulldogM.Ed.23 said:
<---trying to figure out how this last episode will go down......,

questions.....,

When Bell met with Major Colvin, what was that all about, I missed something there, whats the connection?

Bell told the Major where he can find Avon and what he would find (weapons). The Major told him that Avon would get at least 5 years for violating parole, Stinger wanted something less, but the Major said at least 5. Stinger was like OK.

Avon knows Bell has given him up, he ain't that stupid. Remember Bell told Avon that the Brothers were going to cut him out if Avon didn't leave Marlow alone, well Avon never left him alone, so he knows Bell had to rat him out because Bell wasn't with that gansta *ish no more.

As usuall, that wire tap will come up short because Bell is dead and Avon don't talk on phones. The next episode will end with Avon not being touched and either the media will expose Amsterdame or the cops will raid Amsterdame.

You guys help me understand this...

What is the connection between Bell and Colvin. How did they become familiar with each other for them to meet up the way they did?

SAME OLD G said:
You guys help me understand this...

What is the connection between Bell and Colvin. How did they become familiar with each other for them to meet up the way they did?

I think he got his card from "Bodie". Remember Colvin gave the mid-level guys his card. Then Bodie gave it to Bell to let him know that Colvin wanted to create an Amsterdame. The last episode, Bell pulled out the card and called someone in the Police Department, which turned out to be Colvin.

Da_Sperm said:
I think he got his card from "Bodie". Remember Colvin gave the mid-level guys his card. Then Bodie gave it to Bell to let him know that Colvin wanted to create an Amsterdame. The last episode, Bell pulled out the card and called someone in the Police Department, which turned out to be Colvin.
Ahhhh, now I remember.

It seems like that last episode was so dayum long ago. They didn't aire the show last week.

JSU/99 said:
Tonite's episode was the isht!! I believe Avon was still thinking about DeAngelo when he approved Stringer's hit. Brother Mouzone just gave him a good excuse.

Same thing I was thinking. I didn't think that Avon was going to let him slide with him murdering his cousin that easy.

Da_Sperm said:

Looks like Colvin is gonna keep his job b/c of the good intentions he had for the community! :tup: Avon's gonna get his crib raided and the cops are gonna come crashing down on the whole deal! From that point, the district is gonna look good for making the "big hit" on everyone in Amsterdam!

Avon's gonna go down...no doubt--either by his stupidity for the war with Marlow or his indecisiveness when it comes to making logical choices. :shame:

Still don't know how this scenario is going to play out with the Mayor, & Commissioner. :confused:

SAME OLD G said:
Eventhough Stringer is dead now, I think Avon may still get his because of the information Stringer gave to Colvin.

BTW - In the preview for next week, did I see Kema and McNulty getting busy? I went by so fast.

I thought that was Kema, but wasn't sure. I didn't know that was McNulty too. Dayum!

sigma4life said:
I thought that was Kema, but wasn't sure. I didn't know that was McNulty too. Dayum!
If you recall a couple of episodes ago, Kema and McNulty were crashing in a motel room talking about each of their relationships. Kema was on the outs with her woman and McNulty was pissed with the way ole girl treated him. At the end of the scene McNulty (from what I gatherered) was kinda talking Kema in to getting back with men (or him), but Kema was like....naw!

sigma4life said:

When I saw that, I was Kema kissing somebody with nappy hair. I took it as "Bugs". Lawd, I hope I'm wrong.

SAME OLD G said:
BTW - In the preview for next week, did I see Kema and McNulty getting busy? I went by so fast.

SOG, that's a woman Kema is with. I don't know if she got back with her boo, or if she has something new, but it's definitely a woman.

NN, a vest wouldn't stop that pump from lighting up Stringer's arse, then they both stood over him to make sure he was dead. So, even if was wearing a vest, in the words of them dude's on Snoop's "Murder Was The Case", he's a dead muthaphugga now.

NICE

Why didn't the preview for next week say "Stringer Bell is DEAD" instead of GONE. Does anyone think he will be assumed dead like Kema was? ~Holding out hope~ :bawling:

D-NICE said:
SOG, that's a woman Kema is with. I don't know if she got back with her boo, or if she has something new, but it's definitely a woman.
I don't know about that one Nice. I saw that replay again last night, and made sure to watch the preview at the end for next week. I didn't look like McNulty, but is sure look like a man.

This would be a perfect time to have a DVR so that I can pause that scene to get a close look. :winkgrin:

kellis said:
Why didn't the preview for next week say "Stringer Bell is DEAD" instead of GONE. Does anyone think he will be assumed dead like Kema was? ~Holding out hope~ :bawling:

i know, i will miss my eye candy.

kellis said:

Sorry but He's DEAD.......

Its official.... for those that do not believe...

here is Idra talking about his demise

Wednesday 15th December, 2004

'Wire' actor stunned by character's death
--------------------------------------------------------------

Big News Network.com Tuesday 14th December, 2004

Actor Idris Elba, along with legions of fans of HBO's original series The Wire, was shocked to discover that his character, a major role, has been killed off.

Sunday night's episode of the program, both set and filmed in Baltimore, saw drug dealer Stringer Bell gunned down in a gristly ambush.

When I first read the script I was like: 'What? No! This isn't supposed to happen,' Elba said of his character's demise. I was deeply disappointed. It was a surprise, a complete surprise.

One of the themes of the show is that raw, unencumbered capitalism is not good for anyone, said David Simon, creator and mastermind of The Wire. You may get a short run, you may get a long run, but the drug trade is the only thing that's eternal.

Simon said Stringer's death was planned out two years ago. He said that although the character became a fan favorite, he and the show's producers decided not to change their plans. Holding on to a character and then twisting the story to serve the character? There's no gratification in that for anyone. We're not doing a soap opera here, he said.

SAME OLD G said:
I don't know about that one Nice. I saw that replay again last night, and made sure to watch the preview at the end for next week. I didn't look like McNulty, but is sure look like a man.

This would be a perfect time to have a DVR so that I can pause that scene to get a close look. :winkgrin:

That's her girlfriend, remember she did go back home a few episodes ago.

coldsweat said:
Still don't know how this scenario is going to play out with the Mayor, & Commissioner. :confused:

Man the Mayor is gone be alright, but the Commissioner is weak as water. I don't expect him to make it into next season.

D-NICE said:
S4L, Stringer didn't go out like no soldier.

I'on know. When your last words to 2 strapped killas are "Well get on with it mutha#@*@#!." That ain't exactly begging for your life. The lit his azz up so well he never got past the mutha!

jaydog said:
I'on know. When your last words to 2 strapped killas are "Well get on with it mutha#@*@#!." That ain't exactly begging for your life. The lit his azz up so well he never got past the mutha!

But what about the words before that?

Remember he tried to get them to spare his life for money.

And Omar said "You don't get it"

Fiyah said:
But what about the words before that?

Remember he tried to get them to spare his life for money.

And Omar said "You don't get it"

Yeah, I think that would be the reaction for anybody. You would definitely try to talk your way out of somebody killing you when you are standing there defenseless. At least I would. He tried to use the one thing he had and he "thought" they might have wanted....money. But once he saw he couldn't talk himself out of it and as he said "there ain't nothing I can say to change yall's mind". He didn't start crying and whining like ole boy Wallace back in the first season was before he got done. He didn't fall on his knees and start begging and pleading. He knew they were about to light his azz up and he still said........"Well get on with it mutha.......". Like is said earlier they lit him up so well he couldn't even finish the word. That definitely is not going out like a punk. I would have been rolling all over the floor screaming..."Help me Lawd." :emlaugh:

jaydog said:
He didn't start crying and whining like ole boy Wallace back in the first season was before he got done.
Wallace was a mere boy. How did you expect him to go out? Stringer needed to be lit up. That's what happens when you think you're smarter than everyone else.

Back