The Wire- Season 3 (September 19th)

kellis

SU Jags!!!
:jump: :jump: :jump:

Season three of THE WIRE will examine the concept and nature of reform and the role of the political leadership in addressing a city's problems... Observes David Simon, "More than characters or criminal procedure or even the drug culture, we are trying to write about the city itself, with Baltimore standing in for any number of American cities sharing the same hopes and fears and contradictions."

kellis said:
:jump: :jump: :jump:

Season three of THE WIRE will examine the concept and nature of reform and the role of the political leadership in addressing a city's problems... Observes David Simon, "More than characters or criminal procedure or even the drug culture, we are trying to write about the city itself, with Baltimore standing in for any number of American cities sharing the same hopes and fears and contradictions."

About damn time. Been waiting on my show to air. :nod2:

More info....

Actors returning from the first two seasons include Dominic West, Sonja Sohn, Lance Reddick, Wendell Pierce, Wood Harris, Idris Elba, Deirdre Lovejoy, Clarke Peters, Domenick Lombardozzi, Seth Gilliam, Jim True-Frost, Michael K. Williams, John Doman, Frankie R. Faison, Andre Royo, JD Williams and Corey Parker-Robinson.

New cast regulars this season include Chad L. Coleman ("Brother to Brother") as Dennis "Cutty" Wise, a recently paroled felon returning to a drug culture that has changed dramatically; Robert Wisdom ("Barber Shop 2: Back in Business") as Major Howard "Bunny" Colvin, a police boss frustrated with the futility of the drug war and willing to try something new; Aidan Gillen ("Shanghai Knights") as Councilman Thomas Carcetti, an ambitious and charismatic city councilman on the the rise; Jamie Hector (HBO's "Everyday People") as Marlo, a young street dealer protecting his turf from the encroaching Barksdale crew; Glynn Turman ("The Bernie Mac Show") as incumbent Mayor Clarence Royce, whose grip on municipal power seems assured, despite rising crime rates; and Isiah Whitlock ("Pieces of April") as Senator R. Clayton Davis, returning in his role as state Senator Clay Davis, a politician with surprising connections, not all of them legitimate.

THE WIRE wrapped its second season last September. The first season depicted the national drug war through the microcosm of a West Baltimore housing project. Last season chronicled the de-industrialization of America, focusing on the travails of a longshoremen's union to survive in a changing economic landscape. In its third season, the drama will continue to expand its sociopolitical desciption of a fictional Baltimore by examining the city's political component and its relevance to the problems confronting a post-industrial city.

Observes David Simon, "More than characters or criminal procedure or even the drug culture, we are trying to write about the city itself, with Baltimore standing in for any number of American cities sharing the same hopes and fears and contradictions."

Can't wait till sunday night, I saw the ads for it earlier today......

:jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Did y'all see Avon walk across the baseball field and the imate playing baseball call time out to let him walk across. Dayum! I was like WTF! Do Avon got that much juice in the joint? I can't wait till Avon get out of jail and find out how Stringer been run'in things.

I must admit, Stringer got that business running like a well oiled machine. It's gonna be a major power struggle when Avon gets back. What's up with Lt Daniels and his wife? I like the direction season 3 is going. Back to the streets with that grimy ish!!!

sigma4life said:
Did y'all see Avon walk across the baseball field and the imate playing baseball call time out to let him walk across. Dayum! I was like WTF! Do Avon got that much juice in the joint? I can't wait till Avon get out of jail and find out how Stringer been run'in things.

Yeah, that was wild. But I thought that he was suppose to be moved to lower type of jail. How was Bay in that same place after taking all those murders in season 1?

I was rofl when I saw Stringer conducting the drug meeting using Roberts Rules of Order.

It's all about the MURDERS....thats what the detail will have to take care of to save the Commisioner and the Mayor.

J4J, it's on HBO...it will be replayed again on monday and another day this week.

NASTYNUPE said:
What's up with Lt Daniels and his wife?

She got mad because he went back to the force in season 2 after he was suppose to become a lawyer. First she put him out of the bedroom and he was sleeping down the hall, looks like he's out of the house now.

NASTYNUPE said:
I must admit, Stringer got that business running like a well oiled machine. It's gonna be a major power struggle when Avon gets back.

That, I feel, is going to be his downfall. He was talking about profit up 9%. Those *******s don't understand that on the street. The towers are gone and they have no where to sell. They now have to SUPPLY to dope to those who are selling on the street and they are not used to being suppliers. You see how that young guy F'ed "Ole School" out of all his dope.

Da_Sperm said:
You see how that young guy F'ed "Ole School" out of all his dope.
Yeah, but I think young guy maybe paying the price for that in due time...especially if/when Avon finds out about it.

SAME OLD G said:
Yeah, but I think young guy maybe paying the price for that in due time...especially if/when Avon finds out about it.

Naw old boy going to take care of young dude.

where is avon's sister?
dosen't she keep her ears to the street?
how is it that she knows nothing, or she does and so does avon and they have a plan for stringer bell when he gets out?

Although I like Stringer Bell, he's in a world of trouble. Avon is going to find out that he had D'Angelo killed. Brother Mouzone is going to find out that Stringer tried to have him killed. Proposition Joe is going to tell Avon that Stringer cut a side deal with him.

dSWACizJSU said:
where is avon's sister?
dosen't she keep her ears to the street?
how is it that she knows nothing, or she does and so does avon and they have a plan for stringer bell when he gets out?

Fortitude said:
It comes on every Sun? What time? I kinda like this show.

When do the the Sopranos resurface?

every sunday @ 8:00 central time

gul you think you like this show, wait till u see fine azz stringer bell. :sperm:

Did you all know that Avon
avon.jpg
and Eugene Young from The Practice
bio_harris.jpg
were brothers in real life?

Fortitude said:
It comes on every Sun? What time? I kinda like this show.

If you miss it on sundays they have a encore on HBO West 3 hrs later and it also comes on Tues and Wed on HBO and HBO West.

THE WIRE 26: TIME AFTER TIME

Rated TVMA:

Running Time: 58 minutes

Genre: Drama

In the Season Three premiere, a wave of urban reform brings down the notorious Franklin Terrace public housing towers, forcing the Barksdale drug crew to find a new home on the streets of West Baltimore. Stringer Bell sets up shop using a new sales strategy for Bodie, Poot, Puddin and the rest of the gang, as he awaits the return of Avon from prison. McNulty, Greggs and the detail look to make a case against Stringer with a wiretap on a drug ring run by his ally, Proposition Joe. Assigned to the Western District drug unit, Carver and Herc notch up the pressure on street dealers. Burrell is caught in a power play by First District Councilman Tommy Carcetti, an ambitious young man with roots deep in the ethnic politics of Baltimore. Mayor Clarence Royce, facing re-election next year, puts Burrell on notice that crime stats, and murders in particular, must come down - whatever it takes. The order from on high has put police commanders on the hot seat during the new Comstat meetings, where they are held up to aggressive criticism by Rawls and others before their peers. Daniels, too, is confronted by the reach of City Hall, as his promotion to major appears to be derailed because of his estranged wife's political ambitions. A rash of murders cuts short Bunk's day at the ballpark, as Bubbles and Johnny lose big in their latest caper for cash. On the eve of his parole, Cutty Wise is offered a new start on the outside by Avon, but after being released, he finds the drug life has changed.

Man when Avonwalked across that ball field and I saw my boy Wee Bay, I was hype!! No more freaking ports, and greeks. Just grimy, street, drug dealin and killin!

Man that old cat that just did that 15 year bid and got ripped off by the young cat is about to set isht off!!!

Back