The What Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
pv, thought i'd give dumb flies another shot today. normally i do flies on the machine too. anyway, i don't feel it in the chest the way i do on the machine, moreso in the shoulders. Tried going real slow (using 30s), strict form but nada. What's up?

Are you feeling it in your shoulders and traps? If so stick to the machine until you get your strength

I disagree...If you are feeling it in your shoulders then you should move to lighter weights. The lighter the weight the more you will feel it in your chest. The heavier the weight the more your shoulders will compensate and you will only work your shoulders.

Are you feeling it in your shoulders and traps? If so stick to the machine until you get your strength

yeah, mostly in those areas...very little in center chest. I thought the 30s were the problem, too light cause my max bench is decent. I'll go down and give that a try, thanks

I am confessing...I blew off back and shoulders yesterday.

I decided to play hooky. I ordered a pizza and watched 2 movies (Ghost Rider and Catch a Fire).

Unless one of the grey ones at gym change my mind and ask me to do spin. I will be doing back and shoulders today.

Slacked off all week and drank whiskey...

Tomorrow I will be back sweating.

Okay, back to the gym tomorrow. I should make it the gym at least 4 days this week. :goodbad: At least that is what I am aiming to accomplish.

I decided to work on my lower back yesterday. I returned to the old style dead lifts. I will add that back to my routine.

I was successful in going to the gym this morning. Though, it was a struggle and I must have gone through my workout on autopilot.

I wasn't feeling it last night. Damn, I didn't do chest and arms. That was going to be my night to do 315.

I was exhausted from staying up all night the night before. I did a novice spin class.

I will try to do this again.

I did killer chest and arms workout yesterday.

315 SON!!! My shoulders feel like they want to explode.

How many times?

We switch everything around this week

My legs are still sore from Monday

Last night workout started like this (chest,bi's and tri's)

150 pushups with a 45 plate on your back
bench press 135 for 50
225 for 12
315 for 10
365 for 8
185 for 20

Incline dumbell fly's
70 pounds at 30 reps
85 pounds at 15 reps
100 pounds at 12 reps
110 pounds at 10 reps
90 pounds for 20 reps

I was able to handle it 5 times.

The women from spin class came up to me and said that they didn't now that I was handling it like that.

The women can either be supportive or make you feel bad. One time I was in the gym 5 repping toward my max, and I had just done 290. This older lady was watching me and asked how much it was.. I said 290. She told me "Don't worry baby, You'll get it next time."

I wanted to fall out laughing. I guess she the thought I was aiming for 10 reps or something.

Peps...I had a killer leg workout. I have been a slower learner when it comes to heavier does not mean better when it comes to working out. I ease off the weights to maximize the reps. My legs felt like someone stuck hot pokers in my thighs.

Today's my favorite chest and arms but I am feeling tired. I am going to take some 'pick me up' before blasting the gym up.

Still working it out! Weight trained yesterday, did crunches, and stretched.

Today I did 20 minutes on the bike and 30 minutes on the stairmaster.

My legs are really sore from the running over the weekend and the weight training yesterday. I need to run 5 miles tomorrow. :goodbad: I hope that happens.

Still working it out! Weight trained yesterday, did crunches, and stretched.

Today I did 20 minutes on the bike and 30 minutes on the stairmaster.

My legs are really sore from the running over the weekend and the weight training yesterday. I need to run 5 miles tomorrow. :goodbad: I hope that happens.

You hope? HOPE IS NOT AN OPTION! :upset::angry::xeye::mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back