The What Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya'll got to much for me going on. I know I need to get started on something to help my cholesterol and sugar levels. Just started using the treadmill at work and been using my ab lounger again at home. I want to lose about 20-25 lbs to help my get my weight back to where it was last year. I did good to get it down but it increased back up over the winter.

I hear ya. Although light weights are what I am doing (for tone, not strength or bulk) That exercise isn't on my program at this point. I never did dumbbell flys even when I powerlifted. I didn't like them. My trainer put me on pec deck and thats where I remained. I have seen what it does for folks, and that's great. I recommend it to other folks, but I am not doing it. LOL!

Thanks for the suggestion(s) though. Sometimes you can have tunnel-vision when working out and planning routines.

Truth be told, I was focusing my reply to myself. I was trying to hype myself up from the fly machine to the free weights. I did the dang thang and it felt as if someone was sticking hot pokers in my pecs. No pain, no gain so, I will incorporate the flys and leave that lame fly machine alone.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Ya'll got to much for me going on. I know I need to get started on something to help my cholesterol and sugar levels. Just started using the treadmill at work and been using my ab lounger again at home. I want to lose about 20-25 lbs to help my get my weight back to where it was last year. I did good to get it down but it increased back up over the winter.

What are your levels for:

Total chorlestrol
LDL
Glucose
And Alkaline Phosphate

Truth be told, I was focusing my reply to myself. I was trying to hype myself up from the fly machine to the free weights. I did the dang thang and it felt as if someone was sticking hot pokers in my pecs. No pain, no gain so, I will incorporate the flys and leave that lame fly machine alone.

There is an article in this month's (I think... well I just took it out of the wrapper) Men's Health talking about motivation for staying fit. Keep hyping yourself up. You are your own best cheerleader. I know about July/August, I will be feeling myself after housing out all of the machines. There is only free weights from that point out. You have to keep pushing. I am ashamed I have backslid as far as I have. But hey.. it's life.

It is all mind over matter.

If you don't mind, It don't matter.

Tuesday -

Spin Class

D the supps are working wonders. I expect to see results in 2 weeks and not the customary 4 weeks.

I have used thermogenic stuff in the past to varying results. You can call me a chemistry set, because if they sell it, I have tried it. One thing I loved was Betagen. I would drink the hell out of that.

Wednesday was a great day for legs.

Warm up on upright bike
I got my pyramid on with the leg press
Curls
Extensions
Calves
15 minutes on treadmill (trying to stretch leg back out so they don't cramp)
20 minutes recumbent bike

Standing tall. No cramps!

Thursday...

Doing Spin to Salsa Music...looking forward to it. I wanted to asked the instructor to mix in some reggaeton.

My day got off to such a poor start, I am just going to work-out at home with some freeweights and resistance bands. I have got to go to bed on time. It's been a struggle.

I hear ya. Although light weights are what I am doing (for tone, not strength or bulk) That exercise isn't on my program at this point. I never did dumbbell flys even when I powerlifted. I didn't like them. My trainer put me on pec deck and thats where I remained. I have seen what it does for folks, and that's great. I recommend it to other folks, but I am not doing it. LOL!

Thanks for the suggestion(s) though. Sometimes you can have tunnel-vision when working out and planning routines.
What's Pec Deck?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Today I did

25 mins cardio (treadmill)
Bench press
Bicep machine
Triceps machine
Crunches on the ball

How do I get the fat off the under part of my arm?

l

How do I get the fat off the under part of my arm?

This easy, that's the triceps muscle which is the biggest muscle on the arm. Just do exercises that will work the triceps and cause the muscle to break down and the lactic acid that forms during the rebuild will burn the fat away. Before you ask, no this is not an overnight process.

This easy, that's the triceps muscle which is the biggest muscle on the arm. Just do exercises that will work the triceps and cause the muscle to break down and the lactic acid that forms during the rebuild will burn the fat away. Before you ask, no this is not an overnight process.
How many times a week should I do this?

Do I have to work the specific part of my body to reduce fat? For example, if I have a gut, do I have to do crunches to reduce fat from that area or will my overall exercise routine reduce that fat?

How many times a week should I do this?

Do I have to work the specific part of my body to reduce fat? For example, if I have a gut, do I have to do crunches to reduce fat from that area or will my overall exercise routine reduce that fat?

You can't spot train, but if you work that area it will look good once you have dropped the fat.

As my friend says. Low fat diet, and exercise cures most things.

I'm about to start two-a-days at the gym to get more cardio in a day.

In the morning, 30 mins on the tread mill and weights.

In the evening, 30 mins on the stair climber or tread mill.

Is this wise?

I'm about to start two-a-days at the gym to get more cardio in a day.

In the morning, 30 mins on the tread mill and weights.

In the evening, 30 mins on the stair climber or tread mill.

Is this wise?

Yeah...pretty much what i do....except I do weights in the evening and focus more on carido in the morning.

Dont eat or drink before you do your morning cardio!

I always drink a liter of water at least an hour before I go to the gym. If I got that funny feeling in my tummy, I pop a banana.

Yeah...pretty much what i do....except I do weights in the evening and focus more on carido in the morning.

Dont eat or drink before you do your morning cardio!
NnnnnOooooo!!

I tried that once...I got :dizzy: on the treadmill and almost fell off that bastid!

You should try doing the flys with dumb bells, they will hurt like hell, but the results are spectacular.

pv, thought i'd give dumb flies another shot today. normally i do flies on the machine too. anyway, i don't feel it in the chest the way i do on the machine, moreso in the shoulders. Tried going real slow (using 30s), strict form but nada. What's up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back