The Southland Conference has its eyes on four HBCUs to potentially become its newest members.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Is the Southland Conference kind of like The Titanic? I get that impression by reading some of you guy's posts.
Not to the easily pursuaded figure-head @ "athletic director" of PVAMU. He'll use PVAMU $$$ to roll out their own red carpet for entrance into the SLC. I'll be shocked otherwise.

The Southland Conference is way less popular, lucrative, and interesting than the SWAC. I know TSU bet not even pick up the phone ... attendance will decline even more. Black folks don't care about Southland schools ... even white people don't. You'll probably see more Texas A&M shirts on SHSU campus than you'll see SHSU shirts

The Southland Conference is way less popular, lucrative, and interesting than the SWAC. I know TSU bet not even pick up the phone ... attendance will decline even more. Black folks don't care about Southland schools ... even white people don't. You'll probably see more Texas A&M shirts on SHSU campus than you'll see SHSU shirts

Sam Houston is no longer a member of the Southland (as of 27 days from now & for consideration of this). Why you bringing Sam Houston into this? Talk about Houston Baptist, Incarnate Word and A&M-Corpus Christi if you want to talk about Texas SLC schools. Thanks! :)

Please don’t join them. Keep the SWAC intact
No need to plead. No one with a percent of a percent of a brain cell is leaving for a conference nearly about to free fall.

See the source image

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Looking at the schools still in the Southland Conference in all reality there is no benefit to move if you are looking big picture.

If you only cared about say basketball-a SWAC school could be the Kansas of that conference. Win the regular season and tourney title almost every year.

I guess we shouldn't be surprised by the comments being made on Tigerdroppings, huh?
There or other idiotic kkk sites who root for their precious black stock, their "free" black slaves on athletic scholarships doing their thing for them on their plantation campuses so they can be entertained. lmao! :D The dumb dummies lol.

No way I would ever be caught w/in a 50ft physical radius of anglo trash like those disposable outward and "fake-tolerant" racists.

There or other idiotic kkk sites who root for their precious black stock, their "free" black slaves on athletic scholarships doing their thing for them on their plantation campuses so they can be entertained. lmao! :D The dumb dummies lol.

No way I would ever be caught w/in a 50ft physical radius of anglo trash like those disposable outward and "fake-tolerant" racists.

This was the comment that got me, though.
"George Floyd was so unfortunate that they are capitalizing on it"
Just like LSU felt the need to capitalize on it when they came after Southern and Grambling to play them in back-to-back years when neither school asked for them.

Back