The Southland Conference has its eyes on four HBCUs to potentially become its newest members.

This was the comment that got me, though.
"George Floyd was so unfortunate that they are capitalizing on it"
Just like LSU felt the need to capitalize on it when they came after Southern and Grambling to play them in back-to-back years when neither school asked for them.

Projection at it's best. They've chosen to make use of the incident to assuage the nanometer of guilt they feel by making overtures, but somehow we're the one capitalizing.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I do not see any value in moving to the SLC. Southern U. has played SLC teams about 40 times with no "incidents of violence" that the racist eluded to. Unfortunately, far too many "folks" continue to perpetuate false narratives relating to race in general and AA in particular. The buzz words here are microaggression and unconscionable racism.

Actually more plausible for the remaining SLC schools to ask about joining the conference ... or form a sort of scheduling pact for non conference games

Now that's the same thing I was thinking. Home and home. If they can't do home and home, well, unless they write a nice check. 🤣
Even home and home is not equal and fair. In the case of Southern University, way more Jag fans follow SU on the road to away games at pwis than is reciprocated when those pwis do the return games. Consequently, SU, as in the case of games we played at Northwestern State and McNeese, negotiated money guarantees to make up for the discrepancies. When McNeese visited SU back in, I believe it was 2004, McNeese, in my estimation, accounted for roughly 3000 fans in attendance. But when SU visited McNeese in 2019, record attendance was set for their 20,000-seat Cowboy Stadium. Between 8000 & 9000 of those in attendance were there in association with SU. When I was a student at SU back in the day, we played Nicholls State home and home. We would pack their stadium out to a standing room only capacity, but they would never reciprocate in the return games. Much of it had to do with their small anemic fanbase, but most of it undoubtedly was racial. If you were to check the record books, you would find that SU help set the attendance records at McNeese, Northwestern State, Nicholls State, Southeastern Louisiana, and Louisiana-Lafayette, and set the second highest attendance at Louisiana Tech and the 6th highest attendance at Louisiana-Monroe. Some of these records have stood for years. When Tulane's football attendance had fallen to under 10,000 fans per home game at the Louisiana Superdome, it scheduled SU in an effort to get its attendance up. SU responded with 42,000 in attendance. None of the Louisiana state schools have converged upon the SU campus to the same extent that SU fans have visited their campuses. As a ressult, hbcus have got to secure a money guarantee from those pwis if you are going to do a home and home with them. Otherwise, from a financial standpoint, it will alawys work out to our disadvantage.

Sam Houston is no longer a member of the Southland (as of 27 days from now & for consideration of this). Why you bringing Sam Houston into this? Talk about Houston Baptist, Incarnate Word and A&M-Corpus Christi if you want to talk about Texas SLC schools. Thanks! :)
He can talk about your raggedy azz school. Leave'em alone.

The Advocate pushed the idea of LSU playing Grambling and SU. They did a big write up about how LSU is playing every public state university except Grambling and SU. LSU responded by giving the two schools bigger contracts than they have given in state FBS teams.

The Advocate pushed the idea of LSU playing Grambling and SU. They did a big write up about how LSU is playing every public state university except Grambling and SU. LSU responded by giving the two schools bigger contracts than they have given in state FBS teams.
Is there proof there? All LSU game contracts are available across all sports (most accessible out there). In state FBS school ULM is getting $1.4M for their game against LSU.

I am not aware of a FCS program getting offered more than $1M let alone more than $600, 650k for a FBS guarantee game. McNeese is getting $600k for LSU game which is most I’ve seen (Nicholls was slated to get $575k in 2020).

Care to clarify?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
It was other factors way before the advocate lmao. Really the Governor thought he was helping SU and Gram by making LSU play us.

Actually more plausible for the remaining SLC schools to ask about joining the conference ... or form a sort of scheduling pact for non conference games
Interesting comment from that website

Grambling, Southern, FAMU known nationwide ... I said “most” but I should have said “any” team from the Southland... the SWAC itself more recognized than the Southland... that’s not up for debate

Every Southland team would break a attendance record hosting a SWAC team... hell same goes for the SUNBELT

PV's AD says that PVAMU is committed to the SWAC.... Which means TSU is too since they typically follow everything we do.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCx2WOWon0I
Are things really that bad where you all are reduced to listening to youtube to find out what your A.D. is thinking? I know Bewild gets hyperbolic at times so I take what he says with a grain a salt on some of those matters.

Are things really that bad where you all are reduced to listening to youtube to find out what your A.D. is thinking? I know Bewild gets hyperbolic at times so I take what he says with a grain a salt on some of those matters.

Bad? All is well on the Hill! Home of THE premier athletic department in the conference 😁It's an interview (today) focusing on the Southland's most recent overtures and other topics that are of interest in Pantherland....on a radio show that your most recent ADs have been on as well.

Last edited:
Bad? All is well on the Hill. Home to THE premier athletic department in the conference 😁It's an interview (today) focusing on the Southland's most recent overtures and other topics that are of interest in Pantherland....on a radio show that your most recent ADs have been on as well.

Yes, bad in terms of communication with your A.D.? The athletic program and radio show was irrelevant to what I asked. Some of you had issues with Ashley, and it seems the same with your current A.D.

Yes, bad in terms of communication with your A.D.? The athletic program and radio show was irrelevant to what I asked. Some of you had issues with Ashley, and it seems the same with your current A.D.

I can email the AD or call for that matter just like I can with Dr. Simmons. I'm simply posting an interview from today's Mike Prince show. Take it however you wish. Just seemed like you were taking a shot at the Mike Prince show. Most of the ire that Panthers direct at the ADs comes from the perspective that they are not bold enough to make the right moves or lack the vision that we expect. Ashley was a useless liar but the fact remains that you can put a potted plant in as AD at PV and the University will still be in the Top 3 (top to bottom) because of the infrastructure that I attribute to the McClelland era. Everyone else has been coasting ever since. Only Ashely tried to take credit for it all. If McClelland or someone like him ever returned to PV in its current form, it would be a wrap.

Last edited:
Back