The Southland Conference has its eyes on four HBCUs to potentially become its newest members.

I always felt like there could have been a 3rd FCS/HBCU conference formed.
MEAC. SWAC and whatever you wanna call it, ie. XXAC [___ ____ Athletic Conference].
WHO would be in it, you ask?
a mix of SWAC and MEAC teams, Tennessee State, maybe Savannah State too....?

as in a super conference, or breakaway schools from the SWAC and MEAC along with some move-ups from D-2?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I would prefer seeing the SWAC, MEAC, SIAC, & CIAA working together to have scheduling relationships with each other on a regular basis.
Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

as in a super conference, or breakaway schools from the SWAC and MEAC along with some move-ups from D-2?
No more super than the SWAC MEAC already are but just a 3rd conference and yeah, consisting of more regional members, ie, Ala State, Ala A&M, Tennessee State, FAMU, Bethune-Cookman, SC State....maybe Albany State, Savannah State and/or one of the NC schools.....but, its a MOOT point. NOT HAPPENING.😏

I would prefer seeing the SWAC, MEAC, SIAC, & CIAA working together to have scheduling relationships with each other on a regular basis.
That would be cool. The SIAC has been playing SWAC teams, maybe not every year but, we've had some interesting matchups Alcorn State v Morehouse, PVAM v Morehouse, Miles v Southern, Tuskegee vs Ala State, Ala A&M, Texas Southern, Fort Valley v Southern, Howard v Morehouse was actually a classic in DC for 4 years. I do see some of the CIAA schools playing Hampton this year and I think NCCU.

That would be cool. The SIAC has been playing SWAC teams, maybe not every year but, we've had some interesting matchups Alcorn State v Morehouse, PVAM v Morehouse, Miles v Southern, Tuskegee vs Ala State, Ala A&M, Texas Southern, Fort Valley v Southern, Howard v Morehouse was actually a classic in DC for 4 years. I do see some of the CIAA schools playing Hampton this year and I think NCCU.

there is some value in non conference scheduling pacts between the conferences

No more super than the SWAC MEAC already are but just a 3rd conference and yeah, consisting of more regional members, ie, Ala State, Ala A&M, Tennessee State, FAMU, Bethune-Cookman, SC State....maybe Albany State, Savannah State and/or one of the NC schools.....but, its a MOOT point. NOT HAPPENING.😏
I personally would love for Langston to have an opportunity to return to whatever level our conference is on. They've played an important role in the african-american community in oklahoma and the midwest.

Us helping us so to speak...............keep the money in the Community.
Black Wall Street at the collegiate football level. Certainly with it.

But too many of "them" black people have no desire for such. They are into sharecropping and help dwight increase his coffers and cement his future success.

I personally would love for Langston to have an opportunity to return to whatever level our conference is on. They've played an important role in the african-american community in oklahoma and the midwest.
Langston is too far and then they are NAIA. They would need an exception from the NCAA and them they are too far. The closest school to them is UAPB and that is over 350 miles

Yeah, I didn't realize that FAMU, BCU are actually about 200 miles closer to most of the other SWAC schools than Langston is.
Still outside of that, I would love to see them back in the SWAC and out of that tired panhandle conference or whatever the hell its called.

Yeah, I didn't realize that FAMU, BCU are actually about 200 miles closer to most of the other SWAC schools than Langston is.
Still outside of that, I would love to see them back in the SWAC and out of that tired panhandle conference or whatever the hell its called.

Langston has to increase enrollment, and invest in increasing its athletic budget and facilities to even remotely begin talks of moving up to Division I. Now if they did so and moves up to D-2 as a bridge ... that could be interesting for them in the long term.

Also, the sneaky SWAC rivalry I wanna see is FAMU-Alabama State. That has the makings of a good border rivalry. When you look at it on a straight miles standpoint, the schools are slightly closer to each other than FAMU and Bethune-Cookman are, and the drive time is similar.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Back