The Southland Conference has its eyes on four HBCUs to potentially become its newest members.

Glad you do, because I don't! 😆

I don't either. I remember doing a podcast when Hampton left and the host was like "I don't know why people are mad. Let Hampton do what's best for them". That tone changed quickly when it was A&T that announced they were leaving. Running to a PWI (especially a dead end one) is not bettering all HBCUs. And when you look at the current spotlight HBCUs are getting as far as convincing top flight prospects to come home, it just don't look right that one of the top HBCUs is leaving a HBCU conference for a (dead end) PWI one (on false goods)

Lol now I’ve seen plenty of comments talking about the leadership of the MEAC..But A&T is expected to stay just because you want them too? Everyone knows it wasn’t only about travel and unfortunately we couldn’t run to another HBCU conference. To say that we should remain in the MEAC just because it’s a black conference is a very strange take...

On a side note I think we have a strong display of white arrogance from the confederate southland conference. That we would take a negative net present value by forfeiting all the free benefits and plus some from the SWAC to take a bad trade off by joining them because they feel we have a he mentality that’s just being associated with anything white we will get a banjo and tap shoes and we will just have a plantation jubilee just because they released this information they are now interested in us.

Last edited:

Sadly though there was a school or two who would’ve bounced if the current Southland format remained intact

That was probably when Duer Sharp was running the conference into the ground...

One of the sources I referenced in the story told me that had this opportunity presented itself while Duer Sharp was the commissioner, his school and others would have "seriously considered the option" of looking at the Southland.

One of the sources I referenced in the story told me that had this opportunity presented itself while Duer Sharp was the commissioner, his school and others would have "seriously considered the option" of looking at the Southland.

so you’re saying the Southland was a day late and a dollar short

so you’re saying the Southland was a day late and a dollar short
The day late, dollar short was why the schools are leaving the Southland. They got fed up of the same old stuff and no breaking away from the status quo

The good ole boys club shtick got old quick. And it’s not like the outgoing schools didn’t give the other schools a chance to straighten up things

Black is not needed till green is depleted. You first heard here. Quote: Polecat561
bars GIF

I always felt like there could have been a 3rd FCS/HBCU conference formed.
MEAC. SWAC and whatever you wanna call it, ie. XXAC [___ ____ Athletic Conference].
WHO would be in it, you ask?
a mix of SWAC and MEAC teams, Tennessee State, maybe Savannah State too....?

Back