The New Workout Thread

Today I am charged up. This is chest and arms day. Since this is the last Monday in the month, I will be doing maximum weights.

This thread has been dormant for a minute. What ya'll doin'?

To answer my own question, not darn thing. :shame:

My gym is closed this week for maintenance so I decided to take a break along with them. I work out at the university's athletic center for employees & students. They always close the week before the fall semester starts for routine maintenance.

For the past couple of weeks, I have only been riding my bike along the golf path at the golf course in our neighborhood. There are some pretty good hills to climb that really work me hard. It has not been bad, and I usually get about 45 minutes to an hour out of the trip.

Well, I am alternating this routine...

Cardio, upperbody & abs VS. Cardio, lowerbody, and abs!

Last night I took off because my heels were bothering me so bad. However, I'll be back in the gym today as soon as I leave the doctor's office.

This weekend I did not hit the gym. We walked a lot taking care of business though. Today is upperbody, cardio, and abs!

Thanks ERNISE!

I'm a slim fellow and don't really have too much time to hit the weights. So what is a productive and healthy way to put on weight? After I got done playing baseball I still weigh 155. What can I do?

I'm a slim fellow and don't really have too much time to hit the weights. So what is a productive and healthy way to put on weight? After I got done playing baseball I still weigh 155. What can I do?

eat a high calorie low fat diet

I worked upperbody, INCREASED cardio by 10 minutes, and worked abs.

Eating all veggies and fruit for 9 days has truly increased my metabolism, given me energy and helped me lose some weight.

Tomorrow I begin Phase II, and the increased cardio will assist.

So I am back to working out twice a day. Weights in the AM focusing on a specific group of muscles:

Biceps & chest
Back
Triceps & shoulders
Legs

In the evening, I'm doing The Biggest Loser DVD. I am doing the 6-week customized workout plan and the exercise last about 30 minutes. I was informed my a friend that I should do this workout late in the evening, preferably just before bed.

Personally, I'm not a fan of working out that late, but I decided to give it a try. I've only done it once like that so we'll see...

Saturday - shoulders and triceps, 10 min. cardio on the stairmaster

Sunday - 30 minute cardio DVD

Monday - chest and biceps, 10 min. cardio on the starimaster; will do 30 mintue cardio DVD tonight.

The muscles in my chest are quite sore. It hurts when I move certain ways.

Saturday morning

Move & Groove for 60 minutes...

Upperbody---they changed up some things in my routine. I'm sore today.

Body Pump, Body Attack, upper body got worked over!

Body Pump forced Squats with weights on me! My muscles are sore.

Take it easy the first month. Don't add all the resistance on the bike that the instructor tell you to, your body has to adjust to the cardio increase. Be sure to add resistance when you are told to stand up or you will blow out your knee.

Did I mention that I am pursuing my spin certification. The manager of my gym has been encouraging me to do it.

I hit a milestone yesterday.

I bench pressed 405lbs!!!!!!!!

That's 4 - 45 Plates on each side. 8 plates baby!!!!!! :birthday:

Back