THE LEGEND BEGINS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well why yall getting upset for us speaking the truth about what we saw...

This only tell me since MB think dude is that good means GSU defense really ain't that good....lol well secondary wise atleast....

And to think everyone had something to say about our secondary....

~shrugs~

Our secondary is good...but no one can play this kid without bringing pressure. We had to bring pressure to take him off his rhythm... If you don't bring pressure he has the arm strength and guile to hurt you. Until the latter stages of the game, we kept him under wraps...but he's still one of the better qb's in recent years. That's based on the reads he made and the throws he made off those reads.

He will have his 3 and out moments, he had them against us, but he's gonna do damage during the course of the game.

IMO, of the ones mentioned, Kennedy was the best passer, tight spirals time after time. He could throw it on a rope. Brugene used to have big stats, but I wasn't impressed with him as a true passer.

I agree...Bruce wasn't no slouch but to me his mechanics left him at various stretches. Still he was an awesome qb and a true winner. Folks don't give him his due in terms of being a runner and how well he could read a defense. IF he would have played against everyone the way he did against JSU, he would have gone undefeated...Dude lit JSU up!!!

You must be crazy GR :lol: . Dude is waaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overrated. He threw atleast 5 pick 6's if our DB's could catch. All he does is throw the damn ball up and let his wr's make plays.

I've been waiting on somebody else to see and say this. I noticed it when we played them. We routinely got them to 3rd and long and when we did, all he did was throw the ball up for those big receivers to go get it over our short db's. I'm not hating, but it's just the truth before you start building statues of the kid.

I've been waiting on somebody else to see and say this. I noticed it when we played them. We routinely got them to 3rd and long and when we did, all he did was throw the ball up for those big receivers to go get it over our short db's. I'm not hating, but it's just the truth before you start building statues of the kid.

Honestly, that is what McNair would do to us when he played us. Throw it up and let his 6'6 WR (Hinton) go up and get it. We couldnt stop him or 6'2 Driver, so those points are moot.

Honestly, that is what McNair would do to us when he played us. Throw it up and let his 6'6 WR (Hinton) go up and get it. We couldnt stop him or 6'2 Driver, so those points are moot.

Bruh people are thrown off because GR comes in spouting Legend this and legend that, when dude has only played about 6-7 games. You do realize even Derek Anderson had a good year and made it to a Pro Bowl. He is a good quarterback, but hold off before crowning the kid.

McGinty is not a good QB at all let's be real here. He was missing wide open receievers all night. He scrambled every other play and if he wasn't scrambling he got sacked. SU scored 15 points off of FGs alone lol. Therriault is a better QB than anyone in the Swac bottom line.

McGinty is not a good QB at all let's be real here. He was missing wide open receievers all night. He scrambled every other play and if he wasn't scrambling he got sacked. SU scored 15 points off of FGs alone lol. Therriault is a better QB than anyone in the Swac bottom line.

Well leave it at that.

Dude you done lost your mind. Your DBs were never anywhere near WR for them to have to jump over. :lmao:

Oh you saw this too?!?!?! Robber said he just did this crap at the SU game....

Oh well another lie... dude isn't THAT good.... give it a rest jsue

Now I know you don't know shyt about football...

Don't play Steve like that... Steve KNEW where the fugg he was throwing the ball.. he wasn't hoping someone would go get it.... fool you done lost your damn mind!

Oh you saw this too?!?!?! Robber said he just did this crap at the SU game....

Oh well another lie... dude isn't THAT good.... give it a rest jsue
Oh, I'm lieing because the Valley dude in here lieing. You'd take anybody's word. Ain't no JSU WR had to jump over a Valley DB to catch nothing. Casey laid handoffs to wide open JSU WRs all game against Valley.

Damn bruh were you even at the game? I mean seriously....did you see the 95yd TD that the WR DROPPED?? Or the last TD where he hit a 5'5 RB running a fly pattern in stride? Come on man...

As for all of these potential ints yall keep talking about, it's amazing how our WRs can catch Terryoh, but the DBs keep "dropping" ints. Dude has one of the lowest int rates in the nation. Damn near 300 passes and only been picked 3 times. But yall say he just throws the ball up.

You know, after that 2nd TD pass, you'd think SU would've been the one praising this man. Throwing the ball 35-40 yds on a rope tin the corner of the endzone to a tightly covered man while rolling right? I mean he was 2 inches from the sideline when he made that throw. But yall say he throws the ball up...

You know, after that 2nd TD pass, you'd think SU would've been the one praising this man. Throwing the ball 35-40 yds on a rope tin the corner of the endzone to a tightly covered man while rolling right? I mean he was 2 inches from the sideline when he made that throw. But yall say he throws the ball up...

We discussed that one.. when he threw up that prayer... I believe some folk was saying it was out of bounds... I couldnt tell from where I was..... I know it did look like it was awefully far off in the corner...
But yeah that was one of his prayers...

Now I will say this McGinty did step up and make big plays for his team. He has 3 more years to develop, if he is still doing the same things he's doin this year, then he won't last long. He needs to learn to trust his arm, and stop making bad passes.

We discussed that one.. when he threw up that prayer... I believe some folk was saying it was out of bounds... I couldnt tell from where I was..... I know it did look like it was awefully far off in the corner...
But yeah that was one of his prayers...

LOL ok.

I wouldn't go that far, but I will say that he's taking advantage of the system that he's in... Put KJ Black in that same system and he would put up numbers as well. PV's offense is more balanced than JSU's but I'm not so sure that Black couldn't put up similar numbers...especially with underneath routes as part of the offense. JSU has decent receivers but the kid that is talented is Mays and the TE who they forget about. Those two would make a difference with any veteran qb...

Gram's qb is a true freshman and with Frank Warren, Walker and now Pippen in the G-Tiger Offense makes it unmecessary (and poor coaching) to turn our program into a pass oriented offense. Too bad for Kaire Thompson who would flourish in a passing offense.

Last edited:
I wouldn't go that far, but I will say that he's taking advantage of the system that he's in... Put KJ Black in that same system and he would put up numbers as well. PV's offense is more balanced than JSU's but I'm not so sure that Black couldn't put up similar numbers...especially with underneath routes as part of the offense. JSU has decent receivers but the kid that is talented is Mays and the TE who they forget about. Those two would make a difference with any veteran qb...

Gram's qb is a true freshman and with Frank Warren, Walker and now Pippen in the Wildcat makes it unmecessary (and poor coaching) to turn our program into a pass oriented offense. Too bad for Kaire Thompson who would flourish in a passing offense.

First of all, its not just the system. TerryO makes more plays than any other QB in this conference. He's not just throwing 5 yard slants and hitches. He makes diffucult, low percentage throws look easy. And he does it without turning the ball over. All the blitzing, our weak O-line, no running game, and he has exactly 3 TOs in 6 games. I've seen KJ Black - he's not in TerryO's league. No Qb in this conference is. He had an off game against SU and still went for 300 and 5 tds. Grambling was the first school all year to hit him and he still went for almost 400 and was 2 yds away from tying the ball game. This isn't about what you think about JSU's offensive system or the team as a whole. This is about the best QB in the SWAC by a mile. Give the man his props.

Second, and Jayrob pointed this out earlier, but why are you on every JSU SU thread touting your team. What does your QB being a true frsoh have to the with anything in this conversation? I mean really, are you that hard up for attention? Look we get it, Frank Warren is a beast, your team overall is very physical and right now you're the odds on fave to win this conference. But Grambling doesn't belong in any QB discussion right now.

Sunday, October 24, 2010
n641205994_1149727_2917.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back