THE LEGEND BEGINS

Status
Not open for further replies.
How come folk didn't have a problem with giving Bruce Eugen his props and Steve McNair.... even a few of the SU QBs....

I know I know I know.... it's because they were black...

:tup:
Only a few of you Jags ain't giving him his props. sTu fan will see him Saturday, then PV and so on. They will see for themselves. Even in victory, Gram fans were impressed. Only you bitter Jags.

Yall really need to leave that "GO home" smack alone...
If it wasn't for the help of LENNY yall were going yall arses home... alot of yall went home anyway.....

Why we not talking about SU putting up the halftime score again?!?!?

oh ok...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Only a few of you Jags ain't giving him his props. sTu fan will see him Saturday, then PV and so on. They will see for themselves. Even in victory, Gram fans were impressed. Only you bitter Jags.

He didn't do nothing to impress us...
even you said he was "off"....

Hey, I dont smack with females and you never know now-a-days. Anyway, like I said earlier. Sweet Lenny knew what he was doing by not trading the tapes. Everyone knew our defense isnt as good as they were in the past. You can find many posts on this board about that, so that's irrelevant. Am I upset about our DC? Hell yeah, but you cant say anything bad about our offense other than they had a few 3 and outs that they shouldnt had.

Dude please miss me with that shat, I can bring up tons of post that the darkside was going to do this and that lol,
please, yall had no answer for McGinty lol fall back son

Ummm Robber git yo arse in my office now, would you be so kind as to list those other schools you mention? Maybe if you see in writing and have to actuall put a pen to it you will see JSU aint played nobody! The one descent team you played beat you. Just who did Casey torch?

Have this on my desk asap, I'll be waiting over there---------------------->
Principal Sleepy, go look your own stats up. swac dot org got 'em.

Yall really need to leave that "GO home" smack alone...
If it wasn't for the help of LENNY yall were going yall arses home... alot of yall went home anyway.....

Why we not talking about SU putting up the halftime score again?!?!?

oh ok...

It's not even that serious, I was glad we were able to say it, truth be told they were beat, and they were heading home Lol, boy if you could see them leaving after that score lol, I aint even trippin off that, I was glad we played it lol

how u get a 15 yard unsportsman like conduct on the other team, but don't get the yards marched off for it lmao, only in Jackson

how u have a clipping penality called when there's no one to clip, lol smh only in Jackson

how u fumble the ball on the 1 and a SU jag recovers it, only to give the ball back again to JSU lol, and hell no dude was not down

Let 'em slide, man. They were this close to beating the Mighty Tigers and literally overloading the board with threads. They were enthusiasticalling telling Tiger fans to GO HOME when the Jokebox crunk up Gangsta Bitch with 19 seconds left on the clock. Now they bitter. They're dealing. Not well, but dealing.

Man, I don't even get on the smack board that much, as far as posting, but for them to say Casey sucks is beyond me...Dude lit them up for 300+ yards passing, 5 passing TDs and 1 rushing on an OFF night, BUT whats even more confusing is how they can say that he sucks after that last drive, i mean they couldn't have seen it, it was the most beautiful site, on a football field, these young eyes have seen thats for sure...but hey, if that happened to my team I guess I would try to say dude sucks too to make myself feel better about this moral victory...if thats what they gotta do to make theirselves sleep better then i say go for it...

Lol what was so classic about that, half the JSU fans were leaving so whats so classic about that lol

Here ya'll hostile Jags go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrRHDyullUs

2:40 mark. :D

372063248.jpg

That was some classic "assout" isht!

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I don't even get on the smack board that much, as far as posting, but for them to say Casey sucks is beyond me...Dude lit them up for 300+ yards passing, 5 passing TDs and 1 rushing on an OFF night, BUT whats even more confusing is how they can say that he sucks after that last drive, i mean they couldn't have seen it, it was the most beautiful site, on a football field, these young eyes have seen thats for sure...but hey, if that happened to my team I guess I would try to say dude sucks too to make myself feel better about this moral victory...if thats what they gotta do to make theirselves sleep better then i say go for it...

Casey don't suck..
Them QBs yall had before him sucked...
Casey just ain't the 2nd coming the way alot of yall are saying....

Dude, Tuskegee. :smh: :shame:

Now go sitcho ass down somewhere and make our reservation for Pappadeaux's Friday evening. Tim (poster formerly known as Jacktown) and I will arrive shortly after 8 a.m.

So what y'all do with GR? He riding the Greyhound? Money funny?

Time will tell.

Casey's next two games are against the #1 AND #2 ranked PASS DEFENSES in the SWAC, respectively. :read:

The teams that he's "torched" are ranked at the bottom of the SWAC statistically against the pass.

I am still waiting for an answer................doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doo-doodoo-doo-doo-doo-doo (Jeopardy theme)

He had the opportunity to attend JSU from the jump. Why didn't he?

But none of that mattered when Richardson barely broke the goal line for the game-winning TD.

The improbable ending started with the Tigers taking over at their own 36-yard line with 17 seconds left and down by four points.

Therriault found tight end Renty Rollins for 30 yards. With nine seconds to go, Therriault zipped a pass Richardson’s way.

Richardson, who was well covered, came back for the ball at the 3-yard line, caught it and dove toward the goal line.

I told Casey right before the play that this dude can’t hold me,” Richardson said of the Southern defender. “I saw the end zone and I just dove for it.”

:D

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Ummm Robber git yo arse in my office now, would you be so kind as to list those other schools you mention? Maybe if you see in writing and have to actuall put a pen to it you will see JSU aint played nobody! The one descent team you played beat you. Just who did Casey torch?

Have this on my desk asap, I'll be waiting over there---------------------->

Time will tell.

Casey's next two games are against the #1 AND #2 ranked PASS DEFENSES in the SWAC, respectively. :read:

The teams that he's "torched" are ranked at the bottom of the SWAC statistically against the pass.

That's what I've been trying to tell these people. But you read it for your self, stats and records don't mean anything to them. Play a full season b4 you try to anoint this fella. The second coming or Air McNair.

Last edited:
GR, Robber,
Casey is putting up eye popping stats. But he is putting them up like Bruce did. It seems like you can't run the ball...I mean 52 yds rushing. But, I know why rush when your best weapon is the pass?

So, How do you think Casey stands (passing, scrambling, arm strength, accuracy, leadership) against some other qb's since McNair?

Casey vs.
Eugene?
T. Jackson?
Hymes?
Randall?
Gregory?
Kent?

Take Kent off the list... he didn't win a championship!

But just after 9:20 p.m. Saturday, when LaQuinton Evans ran a simple slant pattern, caught Jeremiah McGinty’s pass, broke a tackle and raced 73 yards for what appeared to be the game-winning touchdown, putting the Jaguars ahead 45-41 with 15 seconds remaining, Mitchell came totally unglued.

Mitchell, Southern’s first-year coach, takes pride in showing almost no emotion on game day (he is the exact opposite at practice, screaming with words of praise and disapproval). This time, he couldn’t help it.

Erupting with the rest of the SU bench, Mitchell sprinted up and down the sideline. Then he channeled his inner Tiger Woods, pumping his fist as he ran.
Near the 30-yard line, Mitchell spotted his defensive coordinator, O’Neill Gilbert. The two men engaged in a bear-hug for the ages, nearly tackling each other to the ground.

Already, in less than one year at Southern, they’d been through quite a lot.

Mitchell had promised a great offense with a potent ground game — one of the nation’s best, he predicted — and until Saturday, he had failed to deliver.

Gilbert had promised a physical, high-pressure defense. Instead, it leaked like a sieve, with missed tackles and blown assignments leading to scores of big plays.

Now, at long last, the Jaguars had their landmark win. A great win. A super building block for a first-year program.

Saturday night, with 15 seconds remaining, Mitchell and Gilbert had a team that persevered through too many penalties (16 in all) and missed chances (three of SU’s second-half possessions ended in Jackson State territory without a touchdown), then defied the odds.

Seemingly, Southern had not only defeated JSU but a very talented team, one that will probably win the Eastern Division.

Then, it all disappeared. A defensive meltdown allowed Richardson to score the third touchdown in the final 38 seconds, defying logic and any statistical pattern known to man.

This was, without doubt, a stunning and crushing defeat for Southern, one that will haunt players for years to come.

Clusters of them cast empty stares toward midfield. The ones that weren’t in shock were covered in tears.

Middle linebacker Corey Ray, a native of nearby Clinton, Miss., was completely inconsolable, even in the arms of family members after the game.
372063248.jpg

197046421.jpg

346872576.jpg

372063253.jpg

386450266.jpg

This look is becoming a norm for the SUck folks.

You see Sweet Lenny! God doesnt like ugliness. You should have sent the tape.

J94, I would take Mighty Casey on my team over all the QBs you named. However, I will say that I believe Darnell Kennedy and Big Bruce to be just as good as passers.

J94, I would take Mighty Casey on my team over all the QBs you named. However, I will say that I believe Darnell Kennedy and Big Bruce to be just as good as passers.

Robber, as of now, I beg to differ.

He's simply done what he's supposed to do against the competition you've faced to date. You have no RUNNING GAME, so you have no choice but to maximize the passing stats. Not to discredit the kids talent, but the way you guys are "crowning" this guy is pretty sad.

Robber, as of now, I beg to differ.

He's simply done what he's supposed to do against the competition you've faced to date. You have no RUNNING GAME, so you have no choice but to maximize the passing stats. Not to discredit the kids talent, but the way you guys are "crowning" this guy is pretty sad.
You've never had a Mighty Casey type on your team. You wouldn't understand. You will recognize come 10/30.

IMO, of the ones mentioned, Kennedy was the best passer, tight spirals time after time. He could throw it on a rope. Brugene used to have big stats, but I wasn't impressed with him as a true passer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back