Texas teacher suspended after racist Ferguson tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
white folks have lost their job and endorsements for making racial comments on social media also. Now there are some (especially on al.com) who do it everyday... but they have sense enough to do it under alias names.

This is it right here!!!! If u gone post something stupid, then use a ailas, not your real name!!!!!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
You mean Paula Deen?

:lol:

Will you also tell these people that posting under an alias doesn't hide their identity? Some folks seem to think not using your real name somehow prevents people from finding out who you are or anything else they want to know about you.

Resignation vs termination won't mean much in the age of google. She should be able to get another job but they will know what she did.

It'll be much harder with the termination with cause vs a simple resignation.

One thing I have learned is when those white folks are out to get you, they go out of their way to try and break you. I bet you they got that letter, they are just trying trying to hurry up to make sure it goes on her record. I have seen them do this so many times in the corporate world. The thing is when it comes back to their white tales, then they go get their guns and come back shooting folks.

Yep....

I'm not sure how this affects her benefits but I pray she does not lose all 20 years.....:smh:

No it won't affect her retirement funds.

How the hell you reject somebody's resignation????

They just being evil and trying to show her up by rejecting it. Even in their press conference they said they didn't have a clear cut policy on social media. I think she should lawyer up and go after this board and have it overturned to just a resignation.

These same school boards let all these sexual deviants resign their post when they are caught screwing these kids. So much irony in this vs that.

white folks have lost their job and endorsements for making racial comments on social media also. Now there are some (especially on al.com) who do it everyday... but they have sense enough to do it under alias names.

Yeah that's true, but I still don't like white folks. :lol:

Will you also tell these people that posting under an alias doesn't hide their identity? Some folks seem to think not using your real name somehow prevents people from finding out who you are or anything else they want to know about you.

True because I have seen black folks sell each other out to white people at work doing that to get a promotion. :lol:

Right, your IP address can still be tracked among other things

Another reason I know this is a double standard. In Huntsville in Madison County school system the principal and teacher used a special ed student to try and trap a dude making sexual advances towards student's. Well he tricked her into a different bathroom and raped her. The principal nor teacher got fired. They both are white and actually the school system is protecting them. Now it made CNN and nothing happened. Had it been black people they would have been fired. White southerners ain't shyt.

Just gonna drop this off here and back away....

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...acher-under-scrutiny-for-comments-5894201.php

HISD teacher under scrutiny for comments

A Houston elementary school teacher who has appeared on a conservative community access cable show has come under fire for some of her comments.

Angela Box, 42, has been accused of using a racial slur against President Barack Obama, an accusation she denied on Friday.

She does not deny making other remarks offensive to Muslims, but said they were taken out of context.

Yall kill me. Yall show a few white folks who get in trouble, but never admit to the hundred of thousand of white folks in America who deny blacks jobs, loans and everything else everyday. Even Zimmerman friend has now come out and said he killed that dude because he was black. Face it America hides behind the glass shield to protect whites, and blacks help them. Yeah a few get caught, but not enough to make up for it.

Just gonna drop this off here and back away....

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...acher-under-scrutiny-for-comments-5894201.php

HISD teacher under scrutiny for comments

A Houston elementary school teacher who has appeared on a conservative community access cable show has come under fire for some of her comments.

Angela Box, 42, has been accused of using a racial slur against President Barack Obama, an accusation she denied on Friday.

She does not deny making other remarks offensive to Muslims, but said they were taken out of context.

Yall kill me. Yall show a few white folks who get in trouble, but never admit to the hundred of thousand of white folks in America who deny blacks jobs, loans and everything else everyday. Even Zimmerman friend has now come out and said he killed that dude because he was black. Face it America hides behind the glass shield to protect whites, and blacks help them. Yeah a few get caught, but not enough to make up for it.

You aiming this comment at me?

An observation:

One woman makes some offhand comments. Twitterverse, FaceBook and comment sections erupt with people talking about calling the school district the next day to see why she isn't fired. And many other actions to make sure she was removed from her position. So much so that it seemed like it was an organized and orchestrated attack. Obviously, at least some of them followed through with what they said they were going to do.

Another woman makes similar offhand comments. We post a link and sit back to wait to see what happens.

Where's the outrage? Where's the activism? When do we actually DO SOMETHING to pursue the justice we claim we desire?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
An observation:

One woman makes some offhand comments. Twitterverse, FaceBook and comment sections erupt with people talking about calling the school district the next day to see why she isn't fired. And many other actions to make sure she was removed from her position. So much so that it seemed like it was an organized and orchestrated attack. Obviously, at least some of them followed through with what they said they were going to do.

Another woman makes similar offhand comments. We post a link and sit back to wait to see what happens.

Where's the outrage? Where's the activism? When do we actually DO SOMETHING to pursue the justice we claim we desire?

I posted the article to foster THAT VERY DISCUSSION, not as some "oh look, we're even" ploy.

I stated MUCH earlier in this thread that teacher unions in Texas are a freaking joke. Nita is in the largest teacher union in Texas, yet her resignation was REJECTED so she could be fired. This chick here ain't even a MEMBER of a union, yet has the UNION HEAD speaking about her in an article while she CONTINUES to teach. If I hadn't posted the link, y'all probably wouldn't have even known this was news...

I posted the article to foster THAT VERY DISCUSSION, not as some "oh look, we're even" ploy.

I stated MUCH earlier in this thread that teacher unions in Texas are a freaking joke. Nita is in the largest teacher union in Texas, yet her resignation was REJECTED so she could be fired. This chick here ain't even a MEMBER of a union, yet has the UNION HEAD speaking about her in an article while she CONTINUES to teach. If I hadn't posted the link, y'all probably wouldn't have even known this was news...

My post wasn't about you. I appreciate you posting the article.

It just appears that a groundswell of action produced results in one case. I'm just wondering if a similar groundswell of action could produce similar results in another case.

Wondering what would happen if we made some phone calls, retweeted some tweets, wrote some articles, contacted some news agencies ....

Anything and everything to show opposition to what we all see is happening.

Last edited:

Exactly! The whole thing with Nita is republican fueled. I wouldn't be surprised if she was targeted by a conservative group on Twitter in order to get their folks riled up.

My post wasn't about you. I appreciate you posting the article.

It just appears that a groundswell of action produced results in one case. I'm just wondering if a similar groundswell of action could produce similar results in another case.

Gotcha....no harm, no foul....I'm just saying, though....

If you ask me, we are looking at very similar cases with polar opposite responses. I am really interested to know what type of policy they have in place to govern social media. For their sake (*hint, hint*) I hope they haven't overstepped their boundaries in an attempt to pacify the court of public opinion, ESPECIALLY in rejecting her resignation and terminating her instead...

If you ask me, we are looking at very similar cases with polar opposite responses. I am really interested to know what type of policy they have in place to govern social media. For their sake (*hint, hint*) I hope they haven't overstepped their boundaries in an attempt to pacify the court of public opinion, ESPECIALLY in rejecting her resignation and terminating her instead...

I thought about that too.

At the same time, I thought what are we going to do to help? If folks really love her like they say they do, what actions are we willing to take to help her rectify this or at least move forward?

Maybe it's just me, but I feel like it's time for us to start to push back. In an intelligent and strategic way, but forcefully and definitively. Just my opinion ....

Interesting perspective here....

"We don't agree with the video. We don't agree with her reaction on the video," said HISD Superintendent Terry Grier. "But attorneys tell us it's a first amendment right, and as long as it stays out of the schools, we're going to treat it as such."

http://abc13.com/395843/

So let's talk again about how this "interferes with the employee's ability to perform his or her job duties", as specified in Duncanville ISD policy...

Last edited:

That is of interest, but many times disciplinary policies are set up for the benefit of the employer and not for the benefit of fairness/justice. No matter how that policy reads, that board is going to swear on a multitude of bibles it was written broadly to cover this incident. I'm not sure how final her termination is, but if she is due an appeal hearing regarding her firing I hope she prevails. This is a sad situation because we all are susceptible to letting others get under our skin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back