Texas teacher suspended after racist Ferguson tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is of interest, but many times disciplinary policies are set up for the benefit of the employer and not for the benefit of fairness/justice. No matter how that policy reads, that board is going to swear on multitude of bibles it was written broadly to cover this incident. I'm not sure how final her termination is, but if she is due an appeal hearing regarding her firing I hope she prevails. This is a sad situation because we all are susceptible to letting others get under our skin.

Their policy regarding this is found here. It is very vague and general, likely leading to the broad use of discretion in both interpretation and enforcement. If she does have an appeal due, I would hope she could cite some of these current similar cases who are actually still in the classroom. At the least, she could try to win the resignation vs the termination.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The part that gets me is they have this trending all over yahoo and CNN, Fox you name it, but when these white school teachers have sex with these kids it may only get one day of media and its over.

Y'all know the sister got fired right?

'If I only had 10 days to live I would kill all black people': Racist teacher tells students what's on the top of her bucket list and manages to KEEP her job

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3JABWqilz
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

A North Carolina math teacher has been allowed to keep her job despite allegedly saying she wanted to 'kill all black people.'

Cynthia Ramsey, head of the math department at Camden County High School in North Carolina, allegedly said to a student that if she only had ten days left to live, her bucket list would include 'killing all black people'.

The conversation is alleged to have taken place in her classroom this week, and shortly afterwards she was suspended but then reinstated

Last edited:
My post wasn't about you. I appreciate you posting the article.

It just appears that a groundswell of action produced results in one case. I'm just wondering if a similar groundswell of action could produce similar results in another case.

Wondering what would happen if we made some phone calls, retweeted some tweets, wrote some articles, contacted some news agencies ....

Anything and everything to show opposition to what we all see is happening.

Just one example:

http://ronbosoldier.blogspot.com/2014/11/lets-get-this-black-racist-treacher.html (196 members)

Nita should have immediate resigned after her comments were made public. She is a teacher for crying out loud.

I'm not sure I agree with that.

The woman in North Carolina said she would kill all Black people if she had ten days to live. Vinita told some cracker ass crackers to kill themselves. With their cracker ass. What's the difference? :noidea:

Other than the white woman still having her job.

The white woman down in Houston making derogatory comments about Blacks, gays, Mexicans and everybody else ... still has her job.

I'm not pissed at you. I'm just not sure I can agree that she should have resigned immediately.

I'm not sure I agree with that.

The woman in North Carolina said she would kill all Black people if she had ten days to live. Vinita told some cracker ass crackers to kill themselves. With their cracker ass. What's the difference? :noidea:

Other than the white woman still having her job.

The white woman down in Houston making derogatory comments about Blacks, gays, Mexicans and everybody else ... still has her job.

I'm not pissed at you. I'm just not sure I can agree that she should have resigned immediately.

You folks kill me with this 'look at what someone else did' shat. All of them should be unemployed right now, but we are talking about Vinita. I can only imagine if one of Nita's students posted some mess like that online. I'm pretty sure she would not be to pleased.

You folks kill me with this 'look at what someone else did' shat. All of them should be unemployed right now, but we are talking about Vinita. I can only imagine if one of Nita's students posted some mess like that online. I'm pretty sure she would not be to pleased.

I agree with you that all of them should be unemployed, but the fact of the matter is only the Black woman is without a job. Why?

I agree with you that all of them should be unemployed, but the fact of the matter is only the Black woman is without a job. Why?

There are different rules/laws for each state, city, town, and school district. Also, the people who live in those school districts play a major role. Maybe they didn't make a big enough fuss about it. If they are cool with it than so be it.

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop

I agree, all of them should be without a job, but as far as to why only the Black woman is without a job. Look at where it happened? She black and in Texas. That's your "why" right there. Sad, but true.

I still think that refusal of resignation is some BS, and grounds for legal action. If I am not mistaken all public school employees are at-will, which means they can be let go at any time. So if it stands to reason that you can fire me at any time, shouldn't I also have the right to resign whenever I want???

I agree, all of them should be without a job, but as far as to why only the Black woman is without a job. Look at where it happened? She black and in Texas. That's your "why" right there. Sad, but true.

True. We ALL know the state/country we live in. None of us was hooked winked into believing this country was any different than what it has shown us thus far. We can all believe that we've overcame and things are different (and for the small part, it is), but we must use our intellect to know what we're dealing with here. Hell, it's the same for all of us whether we live the east coast, west coast, north or south. We're STILL BLACK IN AMERICA.

I still think that refusal of resignation is some BS, and grounds for legal action. If I am not mistaken all public school employees are at-will, which means they can be let go at any time. So if it stands to reason that you can fire me at any time, shouldn't I also have the right to resign whenever I want???

She has tenure and they do annual contracts for teachers in Texas. I guess part of the contract includes the right to dismiss you on THEIR terms.

Damn. A career gone just like that.

Here it is:

http://law.onecle.com/texas/education/21.210.00.html
§ 21.210. RESIGNATION UNDER TERM CONTRACT. (a) A teacher
employed under a term contract with a school district may
relinquish the teaching position and leave the employment of the
district at the end of a school year without penalty by filing a
written resignation with the board of trustees or the board's
designee not later than the 45th day before the first day of
instruction of the following school year. A written resignation
mailed by prepaid certified or registered mail to the president of
the board of trustees or the board's designee at the post office
address of the district is considered filed at the time of mailing.

(b) A teacher employed under a term contract may resign,
with the consent of the board of trustees or the board's designee,
at any other time.

(c) On written complaint by the employing district, the
State Board for Educator Certification may impose sanctions against
a teacher who is employed under a term contract that obligates the
district to employ the person for the following school year and who:
(1) resigns;
(2) fails without good cause to comply with Subsection
(a) or (b); and
(3) fails to perform the contract.

Added by Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 260, § 1, eff. May 30, 1995.

Board has to approve resignations. I'm sure her teaching career isn't over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back