Tennessee State Football

Again - Eddie George was doing NOTHING! Now he gets a high profile hbcu job? What does that tell our alums who are busting their chops to get home?

This I agree with. I hope he'll keep Rodgers-Cromartie on staff and hire some of our other NFL alums. We actually have quite a few to choose from that are retired but still young enough to hit the recruiting trail.

So what that EG has "0" coaching experience at any level or position?
So what that TnSU already has former NFL players and alum on the coaching staff (Dominique Rogers-Cromartie)?
So what that this could tear the locker room apart with loyalties to former staff?
So what that you have no idea what EG's coaching style is? Does he even have the temperament? What if he chokes a player out (seriously)?
So what that he may not even be a good manager?
So what that he's 3x as likely to commit recruiting violations just by never being a coach of any kind?
So what that he could be an OVC version of James Bell?
He is a complete unknown commodity wrt coaching.

I get HBCUs needing to level the playing field and all, but can we agree that you could cause catastrophic damage to your program if this all goes left. Think in overreacting?

Remember that America just got rid of a celebrity president.

Last edited:
Can y’all name these recruits and look them up to see why they left their school. What source is telling you they have a better class than all those schools?

Hes talking about the highschool recruits. You are aware we do have several of those coming in as 3 and 4 star players and not just the 3 and 4 star kids who transferred in and weren't eligible this spring.

Sites like 247sports do not take into account transfers. They grade you off of your highschool signees.

So what that EG has "0" coaching experience at any level or position?
So what that TnSU already has former NFL players and alum on the coaching staff (Dominique Rogers-Cromartie)?
So what that this could tear the locker room apart with loyalties to former staff?
So what that you have no idea what EG's coaching style is? Does he even have the temperament? What if he chokes a player out (seriously)?
So what that he may not even be a good manager?
So what that he's 3x as likely to commit recruiting violations just by never being a coach of any kind?
So what that he could be an OVC version of James Bell?
He is a complete unknown commodity wrt coaching.

I get HBCUs needing to level the playing field and all, but can we agree that you could cause catastrophic damage to your program if this all goes left. Think in overreacting?

Remember that America just got rid of a celebrity president.

THIS^^^

For some strange reason....I just feel like we are pimping our institutions....(just my gut feeling.......no real logic behind the feelings):(
I could be totally wrong.......but something just doesn't feel right.
My hope is that they(celebrity newfound coaches with no skin in the game) leave our HBCU's in better shape than they found them...
I just hope we as HBCU's are not being too "opportunistic".......(almost like a get rich quick scheme)
Hopefully I am totally wrong.......
Just me.....

I think if he is willing to do some serious research and hire good assistants maybe he can make some headway. To me this is a tough road for him, just curious does he have a son somewhere in the wings that will end up at his TNST?

Let's not conflate a "name" who got hired with a "name coach" who got hired.

Eddie George doesn't have a lick of experience coaching at any level. At least Deion toiled at the high school level first.

The SWAC had a 5 star quarterback last year - didn't dominate

The Jones kid at Jackson was a 4 star - didn't dominate

Johnny Cole had a few five and four stars - they played well but werent' head and shoulders better

they make more of a difference in basketball but football not so much - was Tytus Howard a 5 star or an undersized walk-on out of high school? I forgot lol

lol black folk. Black folk BLACK FOLK!!!! Why y’all so ignorant?
No clue. Folks have seen suspect coaches win HBCU Conference Championships, but have questions about former NFL Stars calling shots at institutions that the world gave up on years ago!

What’s better? Micheal Vick taking over at Mississippi Valley State and bringing some press/hype/excitement to Itta Bena, or only continuing to check their scores and being happy for them to play against JSU on ESPN 3 compliments of Coach Prime? Storylines sell tickets and draw much needed attention vs FBS “will work for food” games.

Say what you want, JSU has benefitted financially (so has the SWAC) because of their coach. Football talent arriving this fall will be impressive.

If you pay me the money that CEOs make, we can talk!

I'm still trying to figure this "so has the Swac" part.

I'm still trying to figure this "so has the Swac" part.
No one can justify yet - not all schools have been on the main TV platforms and ain't no cash being funneled to the school directly as a result. TSU benefited more from the NCAA Tournament appearance on CBS than this. Southern has played on NBC which is in EVERY household in America so how is playing on ESPN any better?

No clue. Folks have seen suspect coaches win HBCU Conference Championships, but have questions about former NFL Stars calling shots at institutions that the world gave up on years ago!

What’s better? Micheal Vick taking over at Mississippi Valley State and bringing some press/hype/excitement to Itta Bena, or only continuing to check their scores and being happy for them to play against JSU on ESPN 3 compliments of Coach Prime? Storylines sell tickets and draw much needed attention vs FBS “will work for food” games.

Those same NFL guys wouldn't sniff the ground we walked on if there wasn't something they can get out of it at the end of the day. What are they bringing to the table we have yet to see? When the TV cameras come on it reminds of the Temptations when David Ruffin said "David Ruffin and the Temptations" as all they focus on is the coach first, school second.

ESPN3 is no different than playing on YouTube honestly. Beter yet, YouTube is free.

If they don't win no one cares at the end of the day

The SWAC had a 5 star quarterback last year - didn't dominate

The Jones kid at Jackson was a 4 star - didn't dominate

Johnny Cole had a few five and four stars - they played well but werent' head and shoulders better

they make more of a difference in basketball but football not so much - was Tytus Howard a 5 star or an undersized walk-on out of high school? I forgot lol

Who had a 5 star qb in the Swac?

Its a team sport of at least 22 (offensively/ defensively) up to 100 players so of course one 4 star kid or 5 star kid isn't going to dominate. But I bet a team full of 4 stars would. That is what Coach will eventually have. A roster complete with 4 and 3 star kids.

Back