Tennessee State Football

The hyperbole is strong in this thread.

So our schools don’t have alums coaching in the league or FBS that don’t wanna come back? LOL

Guess I can scrap my Lunda Wells being Southern’s next head coach ideas ...

FYI: Vick at Norfolk is the best storyline if this trend continues ...

It should not be overlooked that celebrity does not translate to coaching knowhow. Just ask Deion Sanders! Dr. Eley, Coach Odums, and Coach Maynor taught Prime Time a lesson, if he learned it. That lesson was that it takes more than celebrity to win on the gridiron, and that until that lesson is learned, beatings. the likes of which he took against ASU, SU, and AAMU the past 3 weekends, will continue to come his way in great abundance and rapid succession. You see, as ignorance would have one discount, athletes of the 4-star and 3-star variety are not new to SWAC institutions. We've had them for years. They have come in the form of the Walter Paytons, the Jerry Rices, the Doug Williames, and the Aeneas Williames of the world. If one believes Prime will be the door through which high grade athletes debut the SWAC, then one is likely to be greatly disappointed upon the advent of Fall when victory fails to matriculate full circle commensurate with one's own beliefs.
Let the church say Amen. Man if people think these kids are not gonna go FBS or P5 and if it don’t work they will transfer back. Even the LB at Jackson State #45 is a good player in the SWAC but if he was playing the way he did why would he ever leave Missouri same thing for the cornerback #4 who “flipped from Georgia”. The conference been getting transfers and has always been 2nd chance places for really good football players. Remember White tiger at JSU? What did he do? Remember Corey Hart at AAMU? Remember Isiah Crowell at Bama State? I can go on and on for days.

Is this true? Has he coached at ANY level before now, even as an assistant? I'm sure there are a lot more deserving coaches who can get the job done. This is a splash higher that makes absolutely no sense to me. There's a helluva lot more to coaching than just celebrity. This must be the #PRIMEeffect that we all saw coming, lol. Tennessee State must be real desperate for some attention.

We shole do love shiny things. :rolleyes:

I'll give props to Prime because he coached many years on the prep level (and actually an HBCU grad). I am not sure about EG though......

Let the church say Amen. Man if people think these kids are not gonna go FBS or P5 and if it don’t work they will transfer back. Even the LB at Jackson State #45 is a good player in the SWAC but if he was playing the way he did why would he ever leave Missouri same thing for the cornerback #4 who “flipped from Georgia”. The conference been getting transfers and has always been 2nd chance places for really good football players. Remember White tiger at JSU? What did he do? Remember Corey Hart at AAMU? Remember Isiah Crowell at Bama State? I can go on and on for days.

#4 was catching hell yesterday

Is this true? Has he coached at ANY level before now, even as an assistant? I'm sure there are a lot more deserving coaches who can get the job done. This is a splash higher that makes absolutely no sense to me. There's a helluva lot more to coaching than just celebrity. This must be the #PRIMEeffect that we all saw coming, lol. Tennessee State must be real desperate for some attention.

We shole do love shiny things. :rolleyes:
So what?

I think this is all a part of the new AD's plan to raise money for a new on-campus stadium. Think about it. Eddie George's biggest selling feature is his celebrity and fundraising potential. Coaching ability is A FAR and distant second. He could bring in some money for the program, and one thing we know is that these high-profile hires won't settle for 2nd rate amenities. I wouldn't be surprised if the AD announces plans for facilities upgrades in the near future.

This is a serious role of the dice, but it's ballsy. Still, this just feels all too gimmicky for me.

Last edited:
I think this is all a part of the new AD's plan to raise money for a new on-campus stadium. Think about it. Eddie George's biggest selling feature is his celebrity and fundraising potential. Coaching ability is A FAR and distant second. He could bring in some money for the program, and one thing we know is that these high-profile hires won't settle for 2nd rate accommodations. I wouldn't be surprised if the AD announces plans for facilities upgrades in the near future.

This is a serious role of the dice, but it's ballsy. Still, this just feels all too gimmicky for me.

Plausible post....👍

It should not be overlooked that celebrity does not translate to coaching knowhow. Just ask Deion Sanders! Dr. Eley, Coach Odums, and Coach Maynor taught Prime Time a lesson, if he learned it. That lesson was that it takes more than celebrity to win on the gridiron, and that until that lesson is learned, beatings. the likes of which he took against ASU, SU, and AAMU the past 3 weekends, will continue to come his way in great abundance and rapid succession. You see, as ignorance would have one discount, athletes of the 4-star and 3-star variety are not new to SWAC institutions. We've had them for years. They have come in the form of the Walter Paytons, the Jerry Rices, the Doug Williames, and the Aeneas Williames of the world. If one believes Prime will be the door through which high grade athletes debut the SWAC, then one is likely to be greatly disappointed upon the advent of Fall when victory fails to matriculate full circle commensurate with one's own beliefs.
Please what lesson? I can’t what to see you running off at the mouth once Prime’s recruits take the field. Deion Sanders has been humbled or learned a lesson through his defeats at JSU. Those losses mean nothing to a man who had the best recruiting class in the modern era of FCS football coming in! Some of y’all really have no clue on what Jackson State is about to do to HBCU football.

Just keep watching my brutha.

You don't get it. Smh
Just in case you you didn’t know, Jackson State has a better class than Oregon State, La Tech, ULM, UAB, USM, Temple, Hawaii, Tulsa, South Alabama, Middle Tennessee, Marshall, UConn, ECU, Colorado State and Central Michigan just to name some FBS programs you might know. All of those teams would beat the mess out of everyone in the SWAC.

Sometimes you have to bring in someone who can sell tickets and the product. We don’t know if Deion Sanders is a good coach yet. But so in the hell what . I can name plenty of questionable SWAC Coaches who have won titles. Do you really think Deion is going to lose at JSU once his talent is in? Bad coaching or not. JSU is going to have the talent needed to trash 2- star teams. Be ready to be called out!

Stop while you’re behind... Each school you posted was expected to beat JSU... Prime’s eligibility has long since expired! Deion has put his foot in his mouth but don’t act like those teams weren’t favorites headed into this season. Some of you like to type for the sake of typing! We have work to do but I like where we are as an athletic department as well as a football program with a change or two come the fall. You are doing the same bull that prime is being accused of.... A lot of bravado.... Those that know aren’t running to these boards talking!

As I said with Deion, he'll only be here 3-4 years regardless. If he does poorly in that time frame, he'll be fired. If he does well, he'll be looking for a bigger job.

Best case scenario is he fundraises well and brings in 3 solid recruiting classes for his successor to take over.
It doesn’t matter if he leaves for a USF or FAU type of job. They will win as long as he is there, and the job will be attractive as long as he has monster recruits in the program.

It doesn’t matter if he leaves for a USF or FAU type of job. They will win as long as he is there, and the job will be attractive as long as he has monster recruits in the program.

Again - Eddie George was doing NOTHING! Now he gets a high profile hbcu job? What does that tell our alums who are busting their chops to get home?

TSU is in a league where fans don’t want to be in so by October it’ll fizz out once the hbcus are gone.

Just in case you you didn’t know, Jackson State has a better class than Oregon State, La Tech, ULM, UAB, USM, Temple, Hawaii, Tulsa, South Alabama, Middle Tennessee, Marshall, UConn, ECU, Colorado State and Central Michigan just to name some FBS programs you might know. All of those teams would beat the mess out of everyone in the SWAC.

Sometimes you have to bring in someone who can sell tickets and the product. We don’t know if Deion Sanders is a good coach yet. But so in the hell what . I can name plenty of questionable SWAC Coaches who have won titles. Do you really think Deion is going to lose at JSU once his talent is in? Bad coaching or not. JSU is going to have the talent needed to trash 2- star teams. Be ready to be called out!
Like you said Deion is here to sell tickets and product. Pay attention to the period

Back