Tariq Nasheed versus the world

My question for everyone running for president is what will you do to address the wealth gap amongst American Descendants of Slavery
Correct. My interest in a high level candidate starts there. Then we can get down to healthcare and immigration and foreign policy and so forth after that.

The reality is Tariq is out here doing the work we were supposed to be doing. We’re supposed to be the “educated class/talented 10th.” We’re the one who were supposed to be laying out the political agenda and driving political discourse.

But we’re the one who got comfortable with jobs at white companies. We’re the ones who ran to white neighborhoods as soon as they let us. We’re the ones who got some success and ran into the arms of white women. We’re the ones who got lazy and dropped the ball. In short, we’ve largely failed the masses of Black people.

So I’m not mad at Tariq. If it wasn’t for him and ProfBlaq and Yvette Carnell and TBA and the rest they might’ve slid Kamala Harris through like they did Obama, and by the time we looked up Black people would’ve been getting locked up the way we were under Clinton. Because let’s be real, her established record out in California of being hostile to Black people when she was the DA in San Fran and then the AG of the state is the reason she’s so appealing to the major white money that’s behind her.

All this ramped up toxic masculinity talk is just to paint Black men in an even worse light than they have historically because they’re ready to accelerate locking us up en masse again.

And I’ll say this again: it would do us all some good to study what happened to the so-called educated class during real revolutions. Revolutionary party usually tried to wipe them out. Not because of any petty jealousies, but because of their repeated failures to the people they were supposed to uplift.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Different person but the same movement/goals (her and Tariq don't have beef but were strained for a while because she "dissed" his mentor Dr. Welsing. They acknowledge each other for going after the same goal). Joy Ann Reid lost a lot of respect to me for this but this is not surprising. She is trying to protect her butter biscuits

All this ramped up toxic masculinity talk is just to paint Black men in an even worse light than they have historically because they’re ready to accelerate locking us up en masse again.

When has it ever died down? It has always been there.

Articles like that Vibe one have always been around. I knew that was black male bashing the moment I saw the title.
So a black male has to show support on social media for that? So that writer went through all of Twitter, Youtube, Tumblr & Facebook to confirm that?

Call me when Vibe ask this question-how many more folks (mainly black females) are going to get success off the bodies of BLACK MALES? Mainly DEAD ones?
How many movies or tv shows have we seen with white cop kills black males? Who are always "innocent".

The reality is Tariq is out here doing the work we were supposed to be doing. We’re supposed to be the “educated class/talented 10th.” We’re the one who were supposed to be laying out the political agenda and driving political discourse.

You can only help those who are willing to accept your help. Folks are doing just as much as Tariq however because they don't fit agenda-they get passed over, insulted and so on.

How can you lay out that agenda when the conversation never allows it?

So nothing. I watched most of the video he posted about tangibles.

You know what the word tangibles means. Just like you know the meaning behind conservative dog whistle terms like "take our country back.

Are you for or against reparations for US-born black folks?

Articles like that Vibe one have always been around. I knew that was black male bashing the moment I saw the title.
So a black male has to show support on social media for that? So that writer went through all of Twitter, Youtube, Tumblr & Facebook to confirm that?

Call me when Vibe ask this question-how many more folks (mainly black females) are going to get success off the bodies of BLACK MALES? Mainly DEAD ones?
How many movies or tv shows have we seen with white cop kills black males? Who are always "innocent".

Brother I have no idea what you’re talking about.

When I read all these differences of opinion and that's all they are, nothing more, nothing less, I just keep in mind:

If everyone is thinking alike, then no one is thinking at all. So having said that, then carry on.

Bighead is on a roll ain't he?????? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! DAMN!!! LOL!!!!

You can only help those who are willing to accept your help. Folks are doing just as much as Tariq however because they don't fit agenda-they get passed over, insulted and so on.

How can you lay out that agenda when the conversation never allows it?

Who out here is risking their life like Tariq, The dude had a whole political party going against him, along with sissy ass Tevin Campbell.

The elders, like Francis (RIP) Dr. Claudie Anderson, Neely Fuller, and others are at the end of their life and spent their whole life trying to do what Tariq is doing now. You have others like Jason Black, and Professor Truth and others doing it.

Who else are these other folks that putting out Hidden Colors doc.and donating and pay for follks funerals and sending money to black schools etc. Like the dude Tariq is doing?

I wanna follow them

Kamala aint it. We getting her out the paint

This was lit last night and it's almost at 45K in a few hours.

This is a movement

You know what the word tangibles means. Just like you know the meaning behind conservative dog whistle terms like "take our country back.

Exactly. It's pretty black and white. It basically boils down to that question.

Here's my logic.

Say that someone went to Southern or Jackson State or Alabama A&M with no or little financial assistance; they basically worked and borrowed their way through school. Then ten years later, the state of LA or MS or AL comes out and says, "Hey, a few years ago, we overcharged a lot of the students who went to the HBCU's here. We knew it was wrong, but we did it anyway. So now we want to make it right and refund you the thousands of dollars that we overcharged you."

Obviously, you'll take that refund in a heartbeat if you are impacted by it. If it bothers you to see those HBCU grads get back what is literally owed to them, it's probably because you:

- didn't go to one of those schools and have nothing to gain personally from seeing others get what they are owed.

- just don't like or identify with those graduates for what ever reason, and want to see them struggle financially.

- might actually be an HBCU grad who's owed money, but you're so used to being treated unfairly that you think it's an advantage for you to be treated equally.

For. But my question is... if no general election candidate offers reparations (which would require appropriations from congress also), are yall not voting at all? I know one woman is for reparations but will she win the primaries in your states? Will a large number of us go out and campaign for her in the primaries?

For. But my question is... if no general election candidate offers reparations (which would require appropriations from congress also), are yall not voting at all? I know one woman is for reparations but will she win the primaries in your states? Will a large number of us go out and campaign for her in the primaries?

Good question. The Democrats have made it very clear that they only want votes from Black citizens, and have no interest in providing anything "tangible" and "specific" to said citizens. So my counter to that would be to not vote for them. They can keep their barbecues and their line dancing and they can keep their hot sauce in their purses until they can bring real results.

I would never tell anyone to not vote, but I don't see any problem with not voting....as long as there is action behind it. So in addition to that, Black citizens have to do our fair share of organizing; we have to build institutions and systems that will hold politicians accountable. Eventually we will get to a point where we can cherry-pick or groom our own candidates (Congressmen included) to support and execute on behalf of our demands. And we have to start somewhere. So you can disagree with Tariq and his methods, but the brother appears to be doing more than what Angela Rye or Roland Martin can offer us if you ask me.

Of course I'd still vote. Reparations is something to be worked at the Congressional level, and shouldn't even be called reparations because the word is so dirty that many black folks dont want action on it, and would be politically D.O.A.

How many organizations that claim to be advancing black Americans are pushing for reparations? There are likely more pushing for DACA and LGBT issues. How sad.

Of course I'd still vote. Reparations is something to be worked at the Congressional level, and shouldn't even be called reparations because the word is so dirty that many black folks dont want action on it, and would be politically D.O.A.

How many organizations that claim to be advancing black Americans are pushing for reparations? There are likely more pushing for DACA and LGBT issues. How sad.
I don't think you can compare DACA and LGBT issues with reparations. Both of those are items black people already have (residency and inclusion in anti-discrimination laws).

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The thing is with DACA those same immigrants come over here and treat black folks like shit, they get gov't assistance quicker than black folks, they also get all these benefits that black folks don't get who are already in this country. Those immigrants come over and see themselves being above black folks. They come over and do the jobs (that black folks use to do) for less to appease the white folks, or show white folks that they are hard workers, when for 100 of years black folks were the ones doing those jobs and we still haven't moved up in the social hierarchy.

With the LGBT, another thing that whites use black for, They don't care about the black gays. Black gays think by putting their sexuality first and race second they will be accepted, False, some black gays are waking up seeing this. Ed Buck just killed 2 black gay men in his house and nobody from the LGBT community has said anything about arresting this dude. He's known around LA for drugging black gays, but yet these white gays or other gays let this man do these demonic things to black gays?

White folks need a black face in front of their movements in order for them to show that they've suffered something which isn't the case. We black folks are stupid (but we are becoming aware of the game) to realize that we are nothing more than a mascot for these ppl.

Good question. The Democrats have made it very clear that they only want votes from Black citizens, and have no interest in providing anything "tangible" and "specific" to said citizens. So my counter to that would be to not vote for them. They can keep their barbecues and their line dancing and they can keep their hot sauce in their purses until they can bring real results.

I would never tell anyone to not vote, but I don't see any problem with not voting....as long as there is action behind it. So in addition to that, Black citizens have to do our fair share of organizing; we have to build institutions and systems that will hold politicians accountable. Eventually we will get to a point where we can cherry-pick or groom our own candidates (Congressmen included) to support and execute on behalf of our demands. And we have to start somewhere. So you can disagree with Tariq and his methods, but the brother appears to be doing more than what Angela Rye or Roland Martin can offer us if you ask me.

Man I agree with all of this.

Tired of all the dancing and I used to wear converse, and I know Trife and I listened to Cardi B talk or I can do the Choppa Style dance.

Sit yo silly ass down and tell me what "tangibles" are you planning on trying to obtain for Black folks (only)

Tangibles 2020

They don't do that shit with the cacs or Asians.

Any talk of making black folks whole has to begin with black farmers.
There was a class action lawsuit back in the late 90's/ early 2000's. My great grandfather- I belive it was- was denied a bank loan to acquire more land and cattle to expand his dairy farming business. My mom got a check for about $300. And that was that.

There was a class action lawsuit back in the late 90's/ early 2000's. My great grandfather- I belive it was- was denied a bank loan to acquire more land and cattle to expand his dairy farming business. My mom got a check for about $300. And that was that.

It's still not over. There are other federal suits, especially the one about black farmers being intentionally sold bad seeds.

Back