Swac Media Day ESPN

So it's Coach Sanders or Coach Prime now

He asked to be called Coach prime , which is a reasonable request and he was called Deion. Now , it didn’t warrant Coach Prime to walk out, but had he taken the “Saben” approach and cussed that reporter out… we would be talking about new headlines. This isn’t anything new, last swac media day he got on our SWAC All-Defense linebacker Hampton for calling him Deion, and not Coach Prime. Coach Prime wants to be seen as a coach not Deion the player… it’s a respect thing.

He asked to be called Coach prime , which is a reasonable request and he was called Deion. Now , it didn’t warrant Coach Prime to walk out, but had he taken the “Saben” approach and cussed that reporter out… we would be talking about new headlines. This isn’t anything new, last swac media day he got on our SWAC All-Defense linebacker Hampton for calling him Deion, and not Coach Prime. Coach Prime wants to be seen as a coach not Deion the player… it’s a respect thing.

Coach Nick Saban is addressed as Nick. Dabo , Kirby Smart , Mac Brown and 98 percent of all other coaches are addressed by their 1st names.

And it's video everywhere to prove it. Deion. ..excuse me, Coach Sanders is making this about him.

Coach Nick Saban is addressed as Nick. Dabo , Kirby Smart , Mac Brown and 98 percent of all other coaches are addressed by their 1st names.

And it's video everywhere to prove it. Deion. ..excuse me, Coach Sanders is making this about him.
He’s not as I said previously, he held his own player to the same standard including his son who also calls him Coach Prime. Let’s not. It’s simple. Coach Prime requested not to be called something and was addressed in something he asked not to do. That’s it.

😂

I agree with Coach Sanders on this. If someone you're interviewing and speaking to don't give you the right to call them by their first name, don't take it on your self to do it.

So it's Coach Sanders or Coach Prime now

To me it's always Coach Sanders and nothing else...

If you don’t have a personal relationship with those in which you are covering, it is wise to address them in the manner they request within reason! Quite simple… I interact with people globally and one of the first things I do is to understand how they want to be addressed! Simple…; I totally disagree with him invoking Saban into the discussion… stand on your own merit which is the right side of this discussion!

Besides the announcement of First Take/College Day at the Swac/Meac challenge…. that must’ve been the only other exciting thing that happened.

because those questions Jay & Tiff asked were terrible & so remedial. You can tell they didn’t prepare for the interviews.

what’s your fav color, fav food, Hobby picked up during covid, who you’d do a duet with & fav hbcu player of all time? Oh yea… and the big question “what game do you have circled on your schedule” 🙄 then would get mad if they didn’t say the answer they wanted them to say lol

Besides the announcement of First Take/College Day at the Swac/Meac challenge…. that must’ve been the only other exciting thing that happened.

because those questions Jay & Tiff asked were terrible & so remedial. You can tell they didn’t prepare for the interviews.

what’s your fav color, fav food, Hobby picked up during covid, who you’d do a duet with & fav hbcu player of all time? Oh yea… and the big question “what game do you have circled on your schedule” 🙄 then would get mad if they didn’t say the answer they wanted them to say lol
Jay had some cringe moments with just about every team today.

It's reasonable to ask that of your players. To request that of everyone is just stupid. This will hardly be a lingering story, but that doesn't make it less stupid.

It's reasonable to ask that of your players. To request that of everyone is just stupid. This will hardly be a lingering story, but that doesn't make it less stupid.
Everyone’s entitled to their opinions just like you’re entitled to say excuse me, I’d prefer you call me Mr. JaguarNation 99. Not Jag. If I proceed to call you Jag after your request … that’s disrespectful sir respectfully. Maybe we share a different outlook and that’s okay.

Well, the Meac Commissioner announced he will be stepping down.
I don't know why he did it at a Swac event and not a Meac event.

The MEAC media day isn't covered by ESPN and will be streaming on meacsports.com. That's why he said it today because he had a national platform

Back