Swac Media Day ESPN

Honestly, the rest of us don’t have to do anything?

Goes both ways. He doesn’t have to respond to anyone that doesn’t want to respect him as he asks. It’s really not as big of a deal as people are making it out to be and I wish we could move tf on. There were 11 other coaches. Why aren’t we talking about what they said or did? Do they even matter to y’all? 😂

Goes both ways. He doesn’t have to respond to anyone that doesn’t want to respect him as he asks. It’s really not as big of a deal as people are making it out to be and I wish we could move tf on. There were 11 other coaches. Why aren’t we talking about what they said or did? Do they even matter to y’all?
Woooooooooops!!!! Truth.

Crack mixed with bath salts is a mf'er. The dry hate for coach Prime is amazing to witness, especially coming from a colored. We expect "them" to do what they do because they are some purely evil mf'ers but your own community?

F these people. Seriously.

Been my mindset the entire time 😂
I'm trying to meet Jesus so I'm supposed to pray for these ignorant batches and "be nice to them" but it sho' is hard mane.

Common sense says be happy when another elevates and make sure you and yours elevate as well, if possible. These ignorant so and so's... Never seen so much dry hate smh.

Quick question ... what offends you more:

A coach and a reporter having a tiff about what to call him ...
— or —
People having no problem calling a Black person "a beast" or "a dog/dawg" or "a savage" because they're a good at something (mostly sports) — oftentimes knowing the historical connotations behind people saying Black folks have animalistic qualities

Last edited:
Quick question ... what offends you more:

A coach and a reporter having a tiff about what to call him ...
— or —
People having no problem calling a Black person "a beast" or "a dog/dawg" or "a savage" because they're a good at something (mostly sports) — oftentimes knowing the historical connotations behind people saying Black folks have animalistic qualities

I see we are both on the same page.

I see we are both on the same page.

I'm just saying we can't have it both ways ...

What's even worse, some of us on this very thread are saber rattling about how "them folks" dehumanize us by not calling us by our names and doing long diatribes ... but once we start talking about recruiting young men and women to play for our schools ... we turn around and use terms like "oh that dude's/girl's a beast" or "he/she savage" or "he/she a dawg" to describe OUR young men and women ...

Actually… I think we can, do, and always will have it both ways.

When a human is addressing another directly, we deserve the right to be addressed as WE see fit. WE make that determination. Both you and I.

You can call me everything but a child of God when you are outside of my presence. But, once I am standing there you will offer the level of respect I demand and deserve or it won’t be tolerated. Now, when you are outside of my earshot, call me by whatever you think you want to risk calling me. Just know that if hear it and consider it disrespect you will have to see me again or never see me again. Regardless of which it means the same and that’s the end of you in some shape form or fashion.

Hold up @Bewildered

What made you turn your back on Waller County's finest and join up with the Jackson folk mane? I need a backstory or something.
How many athletic directors and head football coaches has PV had over the last 20 years? How many winning football seasons over the last 20 years? Also, I haven't turned my back on anything, last I checked.

I'm rolling with the winner I identify with, regardless of that paper I have w/ a name and seal on it. JState and their staff have the attitude and drive I easily identify with because they want to plant a foot sideways through everyone's azz IC and OOC. lololol :D

The once sleeping giant has once again been awakened.

How many athletic directors and head football coaches has PV had over the last 20 years? How many winning football seasons over the last 20 years? Also, I haven't turned my back on anything, last I checked.

I'm rolling with the winner I identify with, regardless of that paper I have w/ a name and seal on it. JState and their staff have the attitude and drive I easily identify with because they want to plant a foot sideways through everyone's azz IC and OOC. lololol :D

The once sleeping giant has once again been awakened.
In other words Bewild Believes and we respect PV and understand Bewild and the crew deserve better. I miss bewild being able to shake a chicken foot and PV firing off in some hind pots and taking names later….

This is deeper than what people may think and I say that as someone who has family/ interracial family ties at both schools...The state of Mississippi or should I say the state of Ole Mississippi sees Coach Sanders as a threat to the racist status quo order of things that has ruled that state since slavery. Ole Miss and Mississippi St have always had a tradition of being garbage in football..so an HBCU like Alcorn st or JSU easily getting more notoriety in the sport has never sat well with them. I'm not shocked at all an Ole Miss alum acted in that manner towards Coach sanders.

Now you seeing with a clear eye fella
During the Air McNair days they vowed never again
Once we made the Celebration Bowl in 2015, Alcorn trended with mentions of Hopson to USM by Ole Miss and MS State fans on Twitter. This was right after USM coach left for the pros.

Interesting comments by the young Mr Sanders

“It equates to a blowout,” he said. “You gotta understand — y’all don’t really understand. It’s players that have a different caliber of talent that all came to JSU. So it’s like when you compare us to a regular SWAC team, a different SWAC team, the best — we didn’t come here because we had to. We came here because we chose to. It’s a difference.”

Man… This is getting good. Little reminder to all. Only one team can win the SWAC each year.

My man thinks it is clearly gonna be Jackson. 👀

AAMU’s coach is ready to prove the spring wasn’t a fluke. 👀

FAMU thinks beating A&T makes they are better than the SWAC and want to prove it. 👀

Alcorn is like don’t forget who we are. 👀

UAPB is trying to show that the spring was just the beginning. 👀

Southern is going to prove why they aren’t “small.” 👀

Grambling is trying to get back to its normal position. 👀

PV got Dooley. 👀

Valley and TxSo are trying to break thru. 👀

Season tickets are bought.
Bayou Classic tickets bought.
State Fair tickets bought.
Road game tickets bought.
ESPN+ package bought.
I’m MFing ready!