SWAC Head Football Coaches Salaries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jag-BR said:
Storm96 just say Pantherham instread PrairieviewHam. It makes the state of Alabama look wack! :nod:

We're used to the name Panther here in Bama. The "Black Panther Party" got its start in Lowndes County, Alabama. :shh:

Ice Man said:
Based on the performance on the field Dr. Thomas is the only one that is not overpaid.

I agree, I hope JSU does not get stupid and offer a 150K salary. Anything in this league over 90-100K should be in the form of an incentive package.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
DAHILL said:
All the large suburbian high schools in Alabama coaches make more than 75,000.... it was an article in the Birmingham News about it.... Hoover, Daphne, Spain Park, etc.... coaches make 80,000 and up. Daphne has the highest paid coach in the state at around 90,000.

Daphne and Hoover are playing in the state championship game this weekend.

That's wild...the fleecing of America.

J-State said:
Mr. Tiger, I assume you graduated from college somewhere. Go back and read your post, makes no sense. You use an example about poor Missisissippi and then turn around and compare salaries to another Mississippi school. I know your post is focused on SWAC schools in Mississippi. Did you know that Johnny Thomas makes more money than most of your professors and adminstrators at many of our schools? See where our minds are? :slap:

It makes plenty of sense. :read: The Ole Miss offensive coordinator makes $250,000. That's as much as the Mississippi SWAC head coaches make combined. The Ole Miss offensive coordinator also makes way more than the school's professors and adminstrators. So what's YOUR point? Matter of fact :read: $250,000 is more than the Ole Miss chancellor (the head of the entire university) gets from his state salary, which is $200,000. And that offensive coordinator just got fired one year into his three-year guaranteed contract. That means Ole Miss is paying this guy $250,000 per year over the next two years to sit at home. Now, your point again waaaas..... :rolleyes:

Storm96 said:
we'll only use "PantherHam" for even numbered years.....

:smash: lol@S96. Yep. Pantherham for even #d years and PrairieViewham for odd #d years. :tup:

Couldn't agree more! :tup:

There's a certain *ahem* high school coach here in the metroplex who exceeds 200,000$ per year (incentives, tv show, radio show, housing allowance lol, cars <plural> allowance, etc...). But, he kicks everyone's arse @ every level this school has been in. :retard: I need not say the name for it should be known. :retard:

Tigerpride said:
I agree, I hope JSU does not get stupid and offer a 150K salary. Anything in this league over 90-100K should be in the form of an incentive package.

That's a stupid statement, explain why!!!!

How long does Texas Southern plan on keeping their current coach? I see that program going nowhere.

G-Man75 said:
Texas A&M runs PV. They have money since they were taken over.

WTF????

Who has been taken over? You have no clue as to how the Texas University Systems are set up.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
Dude if a High School football coach makes $75K...that county needs their ARSE whooped....
Doc, they are making it like that. Don Shows West Monroe, La. makes six figures. The head coach at South Lake Carroll, a suburb here in Dallas, makes six figures. I know in West Monroe the district pays him a salary, then the Booster Club adds on to the districts salary. HS football is gospel in the south....

G-Man75 said:
The head coach at South Lake Carroll, a suburb here in Dallas, makes six figures. ...

Yep. :nod: His incentive pkg is (was) upwards of 75K$ by itself. :retard: (that was a few years ago in the 90s) Ol' dodge getting it done. :mad: I still don't like his arse. :emlaugh: Or duhon. :retard: Bastids! :mad:

Also, G-Man75, we're gonna' need for you to stop spreading those rumors brah. :| aTm does not "run" PV. We're all a PART of the a&m state system (unfortunately) and we're also one of only 3 state "cash cows" that this state mandates as "must haves." :)

Panthro said:
Yep. :nod: His incentive pkg is (was) upwards of 75K$ by itself. :retard: (that was a few years ago in the 90s) Ol' dodge getting it done. :mad: I still don't like his arse. :emlaugh: Or duhon. :retard: Bastids! :mad:

Also, G-Man75, we're gonna' need for you to stop spreading those rumors brah. :| aTm does not "run" PV. We're all a PART of the a&m state system (unfortunately) and we're also one of only 3 state "cash cows" that this state mandates as "must haves." :)
What other schools are under the Texas A&M University System. Prove your case.....

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
G-Man75 said:
What other schools are under the Texas A&M University System. Prove your case.....

Prairie View A&M University
Tarleton State University
Texas A&M International University
Texas A&M University (College Station)
Texas A&M University at Galveston
Texas A&M University at Qatar
Texas A&M University-Commerce (formally East Texas State University)
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
Texas A&M University-Kingsville (formally Texas A&I University)
Texas A&M University-Texarkana (formally part of East Texas State University)
West Texas A&M University (formally West Texas State University)

The only one that's crazy to me is Thomas' salary! There are MANY high school coaches here in Georgia making more than him. Hell, I make more than him...

I make more than Thomas and the JSU coach myself. Hell I guess I can coach @ Alcorn or JSU then! :lmao:

Fiyah said:
Prairie View A&M University
Tarleton State University <font color=red>*I think they too had a name change*</font>
Texas A&M International University
Texas A&M University (College Station)
Texas A&M University at Galveston
Texas A&M University at Qatar
Texas A&M University-Commerce <font color=red>(Used to be East Tx St Univ)</font>
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi
Texas A&M University-Kingsville <font color=red>(Used to be Texas A&I Univ I think)</font>
Texas A&M University-Texarkana
West Texas A&M University <font color=red>(also underwent a name change I think)</font>

Thanks Fiyah! :tup:

And it's not the "Texas A&M" system; it's called the "A&M" system. :retard:

U live here so I would <b>expect</b> that you'd know all of this since your $$$$$ are supporting it. :emlaugh:

Panthro said:

U live here so I would <b>expect</b> that you'd know all of this since your $$$$$ are supporting it. :emlaugh:

The A&M University System is one of the largest systems of higher education in the nation. Through a statewide network of nine universities, seven state agencies and a comprehensive health science center, the A&M System educates more than 101,000 students, conducts more than $500 million in externally funded research and reaches another 11 million people through service each year.

Is there any way to find the salaries at other 1-AA schools.

I recall that when Tressel was hired at Ohio State, he was only making 75K at Youngstown State and back then Youngstown was no joke!!

Panthro said:

PV and Tarleton St. are the only universities exempt from any name change. Its against the law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back