SWAC Head Football Coaches Salaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBone2

Boom 84-88
http://clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051129/SPORTS030101/511290344/1025

Southern University Pete Richardson $200,000
Grambling State Melvin Spears $150,000
Prairie View Henry Frazier $125,000
Arkansas-Pine Bluff Mo Forte $118,000
Alabama State Charles Coe $115,000
Alabama A&M Anthony Jones $107,000
Texas Southern Steve Wilson $105,000
Jackson State Vacant $85,000
Mississippi Valley State Willie Totten $85,000
Alcorn State Johnny Thomas $75,000

He's worth every bit of it (for now) bighusk. :gift: Especially considering where we were just 2 year ago. :retard:

Next year, however, will tell the entire story. :read: Then we're gonna' up his salary @ that time. :swink:

bighusky00 said:
Poor Johnny Thomas, and I cant believe the Prarie View coach is the 3rd highest paid.

That threw me off as well.....

We pay Totten more than Alcorn's coach? Thats a shock as well...

Panthro said:
He's worth every bit of it (for now) bighusk. :gift: Especially considering where we were just 2 year ago. :retard:

Next year, however, will tell the entire story. :read: Then we're gonna' up his salary @ that time. :swink:

He has met my expectations in 2 years I can't agree with you more Panthro :swink:

Panthro said:

I think he's worth it...dude won games this season. Prairie View always plays a good first half...but something happens in the third quarter that I have not figured out.

Panthro said:

Yes...we'll continue to move the program forward until we regain our rightful place.

Will I see you in PrairieView-Ham in a couple of years P???? :swink:

Storm96 said:
Yes...we'll continue to move the program forward until we regain our rightful place.

Will I see you in PrairieView-Ham in a couple of years P???? :swink:

:lmao: @ Storm. Yo P. Wake your boy up.

TBone2 said:
http://clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051129/SPORTS030101/511290344/1025

The only one that's crazy to me is Thomas' salary! There are MANY high school coaches here in Georgia making more than him. Hell, I make more than him...

Keno1970 said:
The only one that's crazy to me is Thomas' salary! There are MANY high school coaches here in Georgia making more than him. Hell, I make more than him...

Dude if a High School football coach makes $75K...that county needs their ARSE whooped....

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:
Dude if a High School football coach makes $75K...that county needs their ARSE whooped....

Dude here in Alabama some coaches at the 6A level make 80+ but its not all from the school boards, some of it is from boosters. An article last year showed it. Like the highes tpaid was the coach at Daphne and he was making like 91,000.

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:

All the large suburbian high schools in Alabama coaches make more than 75,000.... it was an article in the Birmingham News about it.... Hoover, Daphne, Spain Park, etc.... coaches make 80,000 and up. Daphne has the highest paid coach in the state at around 90,000.

Daphne and Hoover are playing in the state championship game this weekend.

TBone2 said:

If you noticed the Mississippi schools are down at the bottom. Wonder why?? :rolleyes: Well there must not be much money to go around in broke Mississippi. :rolleyes: Poor Ole Miss paid their offensive coordinator $250,000 a year on a guaranteed 3-year contract and then fired him in the first year. That means they will be paying an assistant coach as much as all three Mississippi SWAC schools paid their head coaches combined and that assistant will be sitting at home for the next two years. :mad: This is a crying shame.

What's up with the MS SWAC schools coaches salaries?? Is there a cap or are the salaries being set by the state and not by the universities? :alicia:

DAHILL said:
All the large suburbian high schools in Alabama coaches make more than 75,000.... it was an article in the Birmingham News about it.... Hoover, Daphne, Spain Park, etc.... coaches make 80,000 and up. Daphne has the highest paid coach in the state at around 90,000.

Daphne and Hoover are playing in the state championship game this weekend.

Are they also the school's athletic director as some are here in Texas?

Dr. Sweet NUPE said:

It would be hard to find a high school coach in Texas that doesnt make 75K.

The MS schools have to do better.

SAME OLD G said:
Are they also the school's athletic director as some are here in Texas?

Im not sure how it is ran in Hoover or Daphne.... but in Huntsville for example... there is one athletic director over the 6 public high school athletics... there arent ADs for each individual school..... The city of Hoover has two high schools (Spain Park and Hoover) ... and Daphne only has Daphne High so things are probably run different there.

Storm96 just say Pantherham instread PrairieviewHam. It makes the state of Alabama look wack! :nod:

Mr. Tiger, I assume you graduated from college somewhere. Go back and read your post, makes no sense. You use an example about poor Missisissippi and then turn around and compare salaries to another Mississippi school. I know your post is focused on SWAC schools in Mississippi. Did you know that Johnny Thomas makes more money than most of your professors and adminstrators at many of our schools? See where our minds are? :slap:

J-State said:
Mr. Tiger, I assume you graduated from college somewhere. Go back and read your post, makes no sense. You use an example about poor Missisissippi and then turn around and compare salaries to another Mississippi school. I know your post is focused on SWAC schools in Mississippi. Did you know that Johnny Thomas makes more money than most of your professors and adminstrators at many of our schools? See where our minds are? :slap:

You're right J-State. The salaries of professors and administrators in Mississippi are horrible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back