SWAC FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME 2019 & BEYOND

Since the state of Mississippi is prohibited from hosting post-season games due to its confederate flag, I would suggest BATON ROUGE as the next most centralized location,
Don't think this applies to any NCAA post season ban.
As far as Baton Rouge is concerned, where will the teams play? Certainly not at LSU and damn fa sho not at Mumford.

Ok ladies please remind me who the entertainment was for the 2014 thru 2017 years of basketball and football championship games. Also mind you the weather in Jackson in December is not much different than in Birmingham.

Who is paying the artist? Who is paying for the rental of the stadium? What kind of incentives is the city of Houston providing the SWAC? What about travelling expenses for the teams? Just because you book a Essence Fest Line Up of MUSICAL acts - who is to say that translates into people actually going to the game? I am just asking....watch this.....

Where else are you going to host the concert at?

What kind of incentives is the city of Houston providing the SWAC? What does this have to do with booking the Migos or Travis Scott, calling up their agent and booking them to do a concert for the SWAC championship weekend?

You ever heard of a concert happening (after) the game is over?

You ever heard of buying a ticket for the game and having the cost go for entry to the game and concert?

You do know the SWAC did this for Frankie Beverly and Maze and were going to do this for R.Kelly? Where did the SWAC get the money to book Frankie Beverly and Maze and R.Kelly??

How much do you think it is to book R.Kelly, how much do you think it is to book Frankie Beverly and Maze??

You dudes believe what you wanna believe, that's why stuff never gets done by black ppl

Watch this

Quick questions

As an alum, would you get excited to see a SWAC football championship game at your respective home stadium?

Alcorn?
Grambling?
Southern?
Jackson?
PV?
AAMU?
Alabama State?
Valley?
UAPB?
Texas Southern?

Do you require a SCG to be in a city for you to attend? Would a football season filled with winning not be topped off by a second homecoming on your damn campus?

Migos cost at least $150K (that was their pre bad & boogie price). Expect to pay double that now. Same for Travis Scott...

H.E.R. costs at least $50K, and counting

Monica's gonna pull at least $20-$25K

I like the idea, but it's not guarantee those that'll pay for a concert will pay for a SCG ticket.

H.E.R for a venue like the House of Blues won't charge 50k

20k is not a lot of money folk

You don't make them pay for two tickets, One ticket will include entry for both acts.

Let me do this for you guys.

Let's say it's 25.00 a ticket to get into the game.

Let's do 30k being at this game on the low in, But we all know if the Migos or Travis Scott performing, the number will of attendance will go up.

Those who are not use to making money, this is how money works.

$25.00 a ticket

$3.00 out this ticket (i'm using a low number) will go to paying the artist

So $3.00 x 30k yields- 90k right? Migos nor Travis Scott is not charging no dayum 90k, you negotiate, have them do 5-7 songs after the game and bounce, you get that for 60k, just them showing up and pubb'n them up for that weekend will draw a huge crowd.

If the SWAC really wanna make bank, they'll do after game party with them (Migos) hosting. That's another 30k maybe for them to just host but you sell tickets to this event at 30.00 a pop

$30.00 x 2,000 which the venue will hold, that's 60k

The SWAC sells merchant with these dudes image on them, you do a deal for the SWAC championship event, T-shirts with the Migos on them, SWAC cups with them saying "Dat Way" and each party wins, the SWAC gets 70% or whatever and the Migos get 30% for the usage of their image etc.

That's how you make all this work

Now you spent 60k, got a huge turnout and it's a success and you still only charged $25.00 a ticket.

But black ppl are so out-dated and don't know how to make money that they can't do this

Last edited:
Migos cost at least $150K (that was their pre bad & boogie price). Expect to pay double that now. Same for Travis Scott...

I like the idea, but it's not guarantee those that'll pay for a concert will pay for a SCG ticket.

Again

You do know Frankie Beverly still does Essence right? They haven't done it in a minute, maybe the last 3 years but they still tour and do venues, They'll be in Houston in Nov this year by the way, but how much do you think they get per show??

They performed at the SWAC ship in 2014 after the game in a venue size just like the Super dome and did a whole hour and 30 min set. How much you think they charged for that?

Let me tell you: 70k-90K How I know, Ask yourself this, Do you really think Frankie Beverly & Maze who at many times are one of the main draws to Essence is charging Essence anything under or close to 50K to perform??

R.Kelly in 2015 was going to perform at the SWAC ship after the game, How much do you think he was going to charge for this event?

Under 50k right Lol.

Outdated and always thinking small is why the SWAC is where it's at now. Broke mentality aint never work for black ppl, I wish we get outta that mind-set

Let me ask you this

Do you think NC A&T is paying Migos or Travis Scott 150k to do a Spring Fest or Homecoming while having other acts to pay on that show??

Drake ask for 1 mill a show, now 2 million.

This was back in 2014. He showed up at Howard along with 2 Chainz, Pusha T and Fabulous, Do you think Howard has funds to pay all these rappers for their Yard Fest?? LOL

NC A&T have a million dollar budget to pay these acts to perform at their HC concert??

Lol

Lil Wayne perform at SU homecoming 1 year ago, Do you think he charge SU 100K to do their Homecoming concert? Lol

Come on black folks, Let's stop being so naive

You can't make these type of things happen for you event because you have outdated ass ppl who don't care to make the event pop.

So Howard has 1 million budget huh

I said 2014, but this was in 2012 when Drake and 2 Chainz were killing the rap game

So SWAC championship weekend can't look like this? LOL

But Howard HC can??

This is how the SWAC championship need to get, but you got outdated ass nikkas that can't get their event like this.

This is the CIAA tournament, yall telling me the SWAC can't do this? LOL

Man yall got more excuses than a nikka going to jail smh

Outdated man

So I guess the CIAA have a million dollars to book all these artists?? Ppl look forward to this weekend every year.

2 Chainz and Fab (Look at the setup, tent vibe)

Meek Mills

Gucci Mane

Tank

En Vougue

Man I'm done. Let me get outta here before I start feeling like I can't do nothing because I don't wanna do nothing

Howard gotta 1 million dollar budget to book these folks smh

Yall funny

Watch this:

This is the CIAA tournament, yall telling me the SWAC can't do this? LOL

Man yall got more excuses than a nikka going to jail smh

Outdated man

So I guess the CIAA have a million dollars to book all these artists?? Ppl look forward to this weekend every year.

2 Chainz and Fab (Look at the setup, tent vibe)

Meek Mills

Gucci Mane

Tank

En Vougue

I hope you realize the CIAA doesn’t sponsor these events.... these are local promoters in Charlotte. The CIAA isnt getting a dime from these events.

Let me ask you this

Do you think NC A&T is paying Migos or Travis Scott 150k to do a Spring Fest or Homecoming while having other acts to pay on that show??

Drake ask for 1 mill a show, now 2 million.

This was back in 2014. He showed up at Howard along with 2 Chainz, Pusha T and Fabulous, Do you think Howard has funds to pay all these rappers for their Yard Fest?? LOL

NC A&T have a million dollar budget to pay these acts to perform at their HC concert??

Lol

Lil Wayne perform at SU homecoming 1 year ago, Do you think he charge SU 100K to do their Homecoming concert? Lol

Come on black folks, Let's stop being so naive

You can't make these type of things happen for you event because you have outdated ass ppl who don't care to make the event pop.

Here's a tidbit of information about this; Diamond Life Concerts is the promoter behind the Homecoming Concert for GHOE. They pay the artists to perform, and they are the promoter behind many homecoming concerts in NC and SC. What the schools will do is pay Diamond life anywhere from $150K - $300K for "student tickets." That only gets 4,000 - 5,000 student tickets for the Greensboro Coliseum, which seats 20K at a cost of $30-$60 a ticket, depending on the artist. For the rest, they're charging close to $200 for some seats due to the artists fees and rental costs of the coliseum. Without Diamond Life, A&T would be footing the $750,000 plus it would take to put on a concert like what you want to put on.

I guarantee you that SU's SGA paid the promoter over $100K for student tickets, if they're anything like A&T's.

And with Howard's yardfest, yes they paid that, which was why they were trying to charge folks one year, which ended really badly.

The SWAC ain't paying out that kind of money for entertainment for the SCG when they are trying to get back into the black.

Here's a tidbit of information about this; Diamond Life Concerts is the promoter behind the Homecoming Concert for GHOE. They pay the artists to perform, and they are the promoter behind many homecoming concerts in NC and SC. What the schools will do is pay Diamond life anywhere from $150K - $300K for "student tickets." That only gets 4,000 - 5,000 student tickets for the Greensboro Coliseum, which seats 20K at a cost of $30-$60 a ticket, depending on the artist. For the rest, they're charging close to $200 for some seats due to the artists fees and rental costs of the coliseum. Without Diamond Life, A&T would be footing the $750,000 plus it would take to put on a concert like what you want to put on.

I guarantee you that SU's SGA paid the promoter over $100K for student tickets, if they're anything like A&T's.

And with Howard's yardfest, yes they paid that, which was why they were trying to charge folks one year, which ended really badly.

The SWAC ain't paying out that kind of money for entertainment for the SCG when they are trying to get back into the black.

Outdated ideas

But when I was working at Southern on the Student Affairs side ... those figures you put up sound pretty similar to what was discussed in the run-up to Southern's homecomings. There's a reason why the concerts got opened up to the public ... to get more money to cover costs.

Last edited:
Quick questions

As an alum, would you get excited to see a SWAC football championship game at your respective home stadium?

Alcorn?
Grambling?
Southern?
Jackson?
PV?
AAMU?
Alabama State?
Valley?
UAPB?
Texas Southern?

Do you require a SCG to be in a city for you to attend? Would a football season filled with winning not be topped off by a second homecoming on your damn campus?

As a Grambling Alum hell yea!!! That's my point. There is AMPLE enough hotels in the area and AMPLE enough locations to have events. Plus this would bring more attention to our campuses. Plus it boost the economy of the host team's city.

I think some people know that their team has no chance in hell of ever hosting it so they are against the idea.

I hope you realize the CIAA doesn’t sponsor these events.... these are local promoters in Charlotte. The CIAA isnt getting a dime from these events.

Let me ask you this:

Why is this event bigger than the SWAC championship weekend both football and basketball?

I guarantee you that this isn't the case.

Howard ain't paying no dayum 2 million dollars for a HC budget, you sell that BS to someone else breh breh.

Outdated ideas

But when I was working at Southern on the Student Affairs side ... those figures you put up sound pretty similar to what was discussed in the run-up to Southern's homecomings. There's a reason why the concerts got opened up to the public ... to get more money to cover costs.

SU just had Lil Wayne perform, that was closed and just for the students.

Kevin Gates was also on the ticket.

So again these cats are asking for 100k a show, Wayne 700k, So how the hell did SU get Wayne AND Kevin Gates.

SU has money to pay (let's use those figures ole boy posted) 150K-300K to pay someone to book Wayne??

That don't even make sense and the students aint paying for no dayum HC concert at SU, so how the hell are they the school/SU is making money as ole boy stated?

Come on now

Breh Howard aint shoving out no 2-3 million dollars budget for HC acts. And as I stated this was 2012, where 2 chainz and drake was killing the charts. Drake alone sees 1 mill, and I know Chainz was at a half a mill and they had Pusha T who is signed to Kanye,

What is you talking about?

And they are not charging Howard students to attend their own concert. I knew folks, plenty who went.

You can spew that mess else where my boy

I don't think this horse is dead.... I personally believe the game should be played at the team's school that is overall #1 in the conference....

I endorse this message. Gotta have a carrot to dangle for the teams. Giving the best record home field is an awesome, more cost efficient, carrot

Logistically it isn't the best idea. You won't have the same amount of time to make hotel arrangements as you would with a set location.

See bold above......

This is a major problem if you have 3-4 teams vying to host the game on the last weekend of the season especially if tie breakers are involved.

SU is paying someone 100k, Dude that doesn't even make sense. Why the hell would they pay 100k when they can get the artist themselves?

Breh Howard aint shoving out no 2-3 million dollars budget for HC acts. And as I stated this was 2012, where 2 chainz and drake was killing the charts. Drake alone sees 1 mill, and I know Chainz was at a half a mill and they had Pusha T who is signed to Kanye,

What is you talking about?

And they are not charging Howard students to attend their own concert. I knew folks, plenty who went.

You can spew that mess else where my boy

Too bad the party planners blew it, depriving the campus gathering of such a stimulating intellectual experience. It could have been a veritable classroom on the green — “Thug Life 101: Pimp My Civil Rights.”

Without letting hip-hop fans know in advance, they decided to erect a chain-link fence around the Yardfest site, limit the crowd to 14,000 (down from about 22,000 last year) and charge a $5 entrance fee for what had been a free and open show.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...89d714ca4dd_story.html?utm_term=.e6567029ae49

Either way, the point stands that it's not wise for the SWAC to do what you're suggesting. They'll still bring in over 20,000 this season in the Gump either way for the SCG.

@Fiyah that's what mucks things up a big with the 7-game conference schedule. You'd have greater opportunity for SCG site chaos.

One of the few good things about the 9-game round robin schedule is that the division races were pretty much decided by the traditional Bayou Classic bye week.

As a Grambling Alum hell yea!!! That's my point. There is AMPLE enough hotels in the area and AMPLE enough locations to have events. Plus this would bring more attention to our campuses. Plus it boost the economy of the host team's city.

I think some people know that their team has no chance in hell of ever hosting it so they are against the idea.

Locations are not the issue. Logistics is the issue.

Back