SWAC FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME 2019 & BEYOND

It's where cost and revenue are equal... no profit, no loss.
How much do you think it costs to throw a black folks Woodstock for a football game weekend?

I see where this going so I'm redirect you back on track

Do you think the Migos or Travis Scott being on the itinerary for the SWAC Championship football weekend will flop? Yes or No

Will a profit be gain?

I see where this going so I'm redirect you back on track

Do you think the Migos or Travis Scott being on the itinerary for the SWAC Championship football weekend will flop? Yes or No

Will a profit be gain?

3a693a_bf721a8fb9044e85ab4bc4f4b5937abf~mv2.jpg

It's where cost and revenue are equal... no profit, no loss.
How much do you think it costs to throw a black folks Woodstock for a football game weekend?

The reason this aint being done is because of this type of mindset

Aint nobody making any outside money outside of their primary income Lol smh. Learn how to flip money folks.

Woodstock?

You do know this very weekend it's James Harden weekend and he's having a comedy show to start off Friday night.

How much do you think his weekend will be and do you think he will take a lost this weekend?

The reason this aint being done is because of this type of mindset

Aint nobody making any outside money outside of their primary income Lol smh. Learn how to flip money folks.

Woodstock?

You do know this very weekend it's James Harden weekend and he's having a comedy show to start off Friday night.

How much do you think his weekend will be and do you think he will take a lost this weekend?

Dude, the conference does not have the finances to pull this off right now. Why do you think we had to go crawling back to Bham??

Dude, the conference does not have the finances to pull this off right now. Why do you think we had to go crawling back to Bham??

I think they are crawling back because they don't know how to make money and that's my honest opinion. With outdated ideas and backward ass thinking

They don't know how to make money with money. I aint mad at it. Aint no hustle in them folks. Black ppl in those kind of position don't know how to make money or never seen real money themselves.

Man bring that thang back to H-Town. Smh.

Change the marketing around the game to cater both the alumni and the students at participating schools and surrounding area

Migos or Travis Scott concert (Saturday Night) 8 p.m.

Charlie Wilson or Mary J Concert. (Friday Night) 8 p.m.

The game kickoff party (Live performance by H.E.R. or Ella Mae, or Daniel Ceaser, or Anthony Hamilton tailgate party) Game at 2 p.m.

(H.E.R) that Saturday Night with a Greek party alumni

That would be a helluva weekend.

Houston will be crazy

Who's going to pay almost $1 Million to book those acts for that weekend?

Who's going to pay almost $1 Million to book those acts for that weekend?

How much do you think it will cost to have H.E.R. to perform at a venue like a House of Blues. Let's start there 1st.

How much do you think it will cost to have Anthony Hamilton to perform at a tailgate kickoff or have Monica perform?

Ppl just love to shoot stuff down without even thinking it will work

Watch this:

How much do you think it will cost to have H.E.R. to perform at a venue like a House of Blues. Let's start there 1st.

How much do you think it will cost to have Anthony Hamilton to perform at a tailgate kickoff or have Monica perform?

Ppl just love to shoot stuff down without even thinking it will work

Watch this:

Who is paying the artist? Who is paying for the rental of the stadium? What kind of incentives is the city of Houston providing the SWAC? What about travelling expenses for the teams? Just because you book a Essence Fest Line Up of MUSICAL acts - who is to say that translates into people actually going to the game? I am just asking....watch this.....

Ok @Bighead

Let's break this down ..

So you want Migos AND Travis Scott performing after the game in NRG? You want H.E.R/Daniel Caesar nem in the HOB the night before the game?

You want Anthony Hamilton OR Monica OR Uncle Charlie at NRG before the game?

You would have to sell out NRG itself in order to make up the expenses of paying those people playing before and after the game, renting the building, paying team travel expenses, etc.

Remember, sponsorship(s) only pay for so much. The rest is on the conference.

... Your best bet is having Travis Scott performing after the SCG in his "hometown" (think he's actually from Mo City). But then again, the cost of having a Travis Scott perform after the game has to be offset by the number of tickets sold for the game.

Having H.E.R./Daniel Caesar'nem perform at HOB the night before ... that will only get offset by the number of tickets sold for the game.

I understand the need to retread the Houston idea for activities but with the cost of travel, we are losing a lot of fans in the seats during Championship Sunday. I think this is a perfect opportunity with a NEW commissioner to examine every possibility of tailoring his own brand on things. If it was me, I would strongly consider finding a way to maximize profits and control cost while rebranding the event. Jackson just make perfect sense for all institutions! #ijs

Ok @Bighead

Let's break this down ..

So you want Migos AND Travis Scott performing after the game in NRG? You want H.E.R/Daniel Caesar nem in the HOB the night before the game?

You want Anthony Hamilton OR Monica OR Uncle Charlie at NRG before the game?

You would have to sell out NRG itself in order to make up the expenses of paying those people playing before and after the game, renting the building, paying team travel expenses, etc.

Remember, sponsorship(s) only pay for so much. The rest is on the conference.

... Your best bet is having Travis Scott performing after the SCG in his "hometown" (think he's actually from Mo City). But then again, the cost of having a Travis Scott perform after the game has to be offset by the number of tickets sold for the game.

Having H.E.R./Daniel Caesar'nem perform at HOB the night before ... that will only get offset by the number of tickets sold for the game.

And @Bighead consider that sponsorship opportunities are limited because most companies won't spend money sponsoring events already sponsored by other companies. They want their brands front and center, not muddied by a bunch of other companies...

Migos cost at least $150K (that was their pre bad & boogie price). Expect to pay double that now. Same for Travis Scott...

H.E.R. costs at least $50K, and counting

Monica's gonna pull at least $20-$25K

I like the idea, but it's not guarantee those that'll pay for a concert will pay for a SCG ticket.

Migos cost at least $150K (that was their pre bad & boogie price). Expect to pay double that now. Same for Travis Scott...

I like the idea, but it's not guarantee those that'll pay for a concert will pay for a SCG ticket.

But that's outdated thinking

Slow down son ya killin’em

One thing about jackson, if the swac was to come there even without any fans of the two participating schools the game would have 15k alone. Tho most fans in the area are jsu/alcorn fans, those same fans love hbcu bands period. The bands alone would bring a lot of casual fans from that area alone, even with teenagers. Also the good thing about the weather in jackson in December is that it's doesn't really get cold until first of the year. Only thing with jackson is the uncertainty of the Vet, especially with the good possibility of a DEMOCRATIC Governor.

I have been pondering the subject of the SWAC Football Championship Game going forward and I would like your opinions. Yes, the SWAC office is located in Birmingham and they have been a good host In the past for us. However, would it not make logistical sense to move the SWAC Football Championship game to Jackson, MS which is more centrally located than Birmingham and Houston? Can we then turn it into the spectacle that would draw fans from all sister institutions?

Since the state of Mississippi is prohibited from hosting post-season games due to its confederate flag, I would suggest BATON ROUGE as the next most centralized location,

Back