SWAC Coaching

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth be told, I was not in favor of Hughes' hiring, nor am I anywhere near convinced of his coaching abilities. But he's done a decent job thus far in my book. Will that keep his azz from being fired if he has a subpar season? No. This is his make- or- break year. No distractions, no significant personnel losses.

Originally posted by HBCUs
Truth be told, I was not in favor of Hughes' hiring, nor am I anywhere near convinced of his coaching abilities. But he's done a decent job thus far in my book. Will that keep his azz from being fired if he has a subpar season? No. This is his make- or- break year. No distractions, no significant personnel losses.

Spoken like a true man!

<marquee>[size=3.5]DELETE THIS BEFORE GET READY GETS MAD AT HBCU<marquee>[/size]

Originally posted by MikeBigg
Well Mr "I Think I Know It All" when was Hughes selected interim Head Coach? I remember Carson missing Spring practice before he died!

Carson died during the season in October of 99. Huhges was given the job in December right before the SCG. He was diagnosed with a heart attack that spring, let the Cartel tell it

A college coach is a teacher not Savior

He should be judge by wins, not personal likes or dislikes. What does Doug personality have to do with the motivation of his players and trophies in the trophy case. I believe he is an excellent teacher and that shows in his graduation rate of GSU student athletes. What ever you think is your business. Doug will win this year and for many year to come. Jackson State has had numerous coaches and none that I can remember lasting more than ten years. Gsu has had two, the apple don't fall far from the tree. Doug knows how to win and thats all that matter to me. All these so call great coaches still haven't shown me any greatness cause there is only one Greatness the 2000 SWAC coach of the year Doug Hall fame Williams.

Carson died during the season in October of 99. Huhges was given the job in December right before the SCG. He was diagnosed with a heart attack that spring, let the Cartel tell it.

How can we forget this? About a week and half before the game (SCG), Buffalo decides to search for a new head football coach. Hughes did not know whether to prepare his hands for srcubbing or X's and O's.

I think Michael Haynes is still running in Legion Field. I think ole Mark thought SU's LB was the Cat flying over the middle that day. Man, I this was flying high that day.

buf.gif

a damm disgrace

Gsu has had two, the apple don't fall far from the tree. Doug knows how to win and thats all that matter to me.

Thats the kind of ignorance i'll never understand. You dumm grumblings are already comparing duh duh doug to a great like Eddie Robinson. You need the taste slapped out of your mouth.

He took over as interim after the spring....he didnt get the official nod until Dec.

Man I dont need no damn paper to tell me about my school. I aint Mike from 0-7.

Mr Maturbation

:D :D :D There is a comparison, A proud tradition that you know nothing about.:emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

Re: A college coach is a teacher not Savior

Originally posted by CATMENDUE2
Jackson State has had numerous coaches and none that I can remember lasting more than ten years. Gsu has had two, the apple don't fall far from the tree. Doug knows how to win and thats all that matter to me. All these so call great coaches still haven't shown me any greatness cause there is only one Greatness the 2000 SWAC coach of the year Doug Hall fame Williams.

JSU has had 4 coaches since the early 1970's. None were fired or forced out and All had winning records. Plus each left the program a little better than it was when they got there. What kind of shape was Grambling in when Duh Duh became coach??

Cartel General Sir

May I have permission to smack this idiot(Mr Maturbation) silly? He has gotten very stupid, involving himself in family business and trying to insult the integrity of our field Generals. He has exhibited a surly and disrepectful attitude towards his own family and needs to be schooled. Mr Whoever uck fyou.

I will take a dummy any day that can keep our record number SWAC championships coming into Greatness, than a self-proclaimed top three coach (your choices).

Doug had nothing when he came back home to coach. We sunk to the bottom tier of the SWAC for the first time in our storied existence.

On the other hand, Buffalo remained better than average, and has not won since _ _ _ _. :(

The harsh reality is that Buffalo will not win any time soon. Believe that!

JAGUAR NATION

In the past, SU teams would have folded and quit (like most of it's fans did last year). The bottom line is winning. We may not agree with how he did it, but the "He Did It"!
ANOTHER BUTT-HEAD THAT'S JEALOUS AND LOVE TO LIE ON SUperior

http://www.ncaa.org/

click statistic,football,attendence then div. 1AA
THEN SHUT-UP!!!

:redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

:eek: Doug won the SWAC last year, so freaking what! Grambling always and forever will compare every coach that they get to E.R., but duh duh Doug isn't the one, so don't get your hopes up 2 hi for the future. Oh, by the way, yall G-Spots are always talking about Jackson State this and Jackson State that, but who was the only team to beat SU in the superdome in ten years, nuff said!

Action speaks louder than words

I don't think its Grambling folk doing these comparisons. I for one is fully aware of The great Eddie G Robinson's contributions to Grambling but there is room for another Great Grambling coach and Doug "HALLFAME" Williams etched his name in the record books without your or anyones elses permission. The legacy has already began while his basher continue to try to upset the applecart, but its not working. He already been where most of the others(coaches) are still trying to go. so 2001 will be no different then 2000 Grambling the SWAC champs and Doug HAllfame Williams coacn of the year.:emlaugh: :emlaugh: :emlaugh:

He'll be gone in 2 years. :emlaugh:

<h5><font color="0000ff">"WE"...... Are SOUTHERN UNIVERSITY!
"YOU"...... Don't Even Matter!</font></h5>

Originally posted by MikeBigg

Last year should have been his year. He made a bad hire when he picked up Kaiss as his offensive coordinator. I think he underestimated how difficult it would be to win in the SWAC. However he recruits well and may be about to turn the corner. His number one priority should be to hire an experienced offensive coordinator and give him FULL reins to the offense-even so far as the game plan. His focus should be on defense and learning not to rely on gadget plays at critical stages of the game.
Bobby Bowden proved that gadget plays are find, but at critical stages of the game, the defense is very alert!

[/color]
Mike, you pointed out some interesting things:

1. He made a bad hire when he picked Kaiss---> All I can say is that Kaiss is history at AAMU and so are the trick/kick plays.

2. He recruits well-->Expect to see AAMU reload with talent, especially in the secondary.

3.His number one priority should be to hire and experienced OC----->Cooper has already done that by getting Jacobs from Troy State...,

4.Last year should have been his year-->Well many AAMU fans expected that too but he has stated many times in the press that he expected this year to be the year that AAMU wins it all.

To some up my thoughts about Cooper, yes he hasn't made the wisest decisions as a Coach, but AAMU has kept on winning and in only its second year of elgibility for the conference championship, he brought AAMU to the SCG. In 2001, there is no doubt in my mind that AAMU will be the SWAC Champions....

Is this subject catered to football only? Didnt coach Cooper have the same amount of wins last year, as ANDY "MR WINSLOW" STOGLIN, which was a BASKETBALL COACH at JSU.

Lindsey Hunter PLEASE SEND HELP!!!

Now DAHILL......

You know dayum well that jsu would not let a coach stay on staf with piss poor results. See, they have a program at jsu. There must be something wrong with you if you think that jsu woult let Andy Stoglin stay on as a coach with a losing record.

BTW, who is the Men's Basketball coach at jsu, again?

Re: Now DAHILL......

Originally posted by Mike
You know dayum well that jsu would not let a coach stay on staf with piss poor results. See, they have a program at jsu. There must be something wrong with you if you think that jsu woult let Andy Stoglin stay on as a coach with a losing record.

BTW, who is the Men's Basketball coach at jsu, again?

You talking about the coach that took JSU to the NCAA postseason 4 times in the 90's??? You talking about the coach that garnered the same invitation from the NIT that Mike has been expecting for his school for years now??? You talking about the coach that had his team in the NCAAs just two years ago??? Is that the coach y'all talking about.

What other coaches can boast of this kind of success??? Maybe one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back